PDA

View Full Version : paddle tires??

tater_kamik
10-23-2005, 10:38 AM
so, i have never been to any dunes, so myself and a bunch of my buddies are planning an trip (probably to little sahara) and i need some paddle recommendations. im taking my raptor 686. any suggestions?!? :cool:

JOEX
10-23-2005, 04:06 PM
Skat Trak Haulers!:cool:

tater_kamik
10-23-2005, 04:46 PM
good enough for me!

the site says it was designed for 250's-350's though, is it talking about 4 strokes? also, how many paddles? or do you only shange the number of paddles with the size of the tire? yeah, i dont know jack about paddles...:cool:

JOEX
10-23-2005, 07:55 PM
There are a few different types. Most have 6, 8 or 10 paddles with 8 being the most common. Some say that's too many for the 400ex but i've never had a problem. I belive Skat Trak will custom make any configuration you want.

In addition to the regular Haulers there are 'Extremes' which have a thicker paddle for more duability and there are 'Taller Haulers' which are for the higher HP quads. I'm thinking you may want to look into the Taller Hauler 8 or 10 paddle.

Then there's the debate between the Straight paddle and V-paddle:eek: I prefer the straight ones;)

tater_kamik
10-23-2005, 08:07 PM
i dont think i need anything custom! the extremes are the ones im thinking about, seem like they would probably be the right choice :D other than the difference in tread design, what is defferent about the straight paddles vs the v ones?

JOEX
10-23-2005, 08:15 PM
SEARCH (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/search.php) :devil: :blah:

Anyway..... The V-paddles are easier to turn but the straights aren't difficult to turn with a little body english. Straight have better straight line traction, good for hill climbs, tree shots and idiot holes.:)

tater_kamik
10-23-2005, 08:21 PM
aah!! yeah, i should have done a search, i know better!! hmm, im gonna have to look a little more into these, is there a big difference in handling, etc between the two? or is it pretty minor (for some one who has never ridden the dunes)

JOEX
10-23-2005, 08:32 PM
I'm not sure what to tell you, I started out with Haulers so I got used to them from the get go. I rode a friends 400 with v's and it was too easy to turn for me, the back end kept spinning around until I got used to them a little.

When turning with straight paddles they can sometimes, depending on traction, hook up and launch you in the wrong direction if your not paying attention.

For your first trip either type of paddle will be good. Stay away from the Geckos!