PDA

View Full Version : Bent Handlebars

TRX400EX02
10-23-2005, 08:58 AM
I was loading my 400ex into the back of my dads truck yesterday and when I got to the top of the ramps the engine stalled. I started it back up while holding the brakes. When I gave it gas I must have done too much or let the clutch out too fast because the ramps slid out from under me(Im assuming the tires spun a little). It fell out of the truck and landed upside down. The right side of the handlebars got bent down and I was wondering if there is any way I can get them bent back up into place. They are the stock handlebars.

Quad Dude
10-23-2005, 09:35 AM
slide a pipe over the end and bend it back.

10-23-2005, 10:37 AM
Fly handlebars $30

Pro Taper seven eighths $60

Renthals $90

;)

AtvMxRider
10-23-2005, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Quad Dude
slide a pipe over the end and bend it back.

NO!!!!!!!!!!! Don't listen to that idiot,don't ever try to bend a bent handle bar back that has bent. It weakens it and it could break on you and really hurt you.

jak1389
10-23-2005, 11:08 AM
fasscto flexxbars $260 ;)

coryatver
10-23-2005, 11:09 AM
yeah you need new bars. Bending them back makes them weak and you could get hurt.

AtvKid4Eva
10-23-2005, 01:02 PM
I Have some new renthals i'll sell u for 50 shipped let me know they have a red crosspad. PM me if u want em.

10-23-2005, 01:19 PM
but if your in the middle of a ride and you bend them just put one foot on the pegs and one on the front tire and pull up as hard as you can. i got my buddies handlebars almost perfectly straight when he endo'd and pretzled them:p

xx3003xrdrxx
10-23-2005, 01:25 PM
i know plenty of my buddys who didnt have the money to get new bars at the time just bent there bars right back . lol i cant even tell you how many times weve bent them back after someone flips on a hill

AtvMxRider
10-23-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by xx3003xrdrxx
i know plenty of my buddys who didnt have the money to get new bars at the time just bent there bars right back . lol i cant even tell you how many times weve bent them back after someone flips on a hill

Nobody says you can't bend them back it is just not safe because next time they may not bend they will break. Once they have bent they weaken and once you bend them back you have just made them worse

Quad Dude
10-23-2005, 02:25 PM
NO!!!!!!!!!!! Don't listen to that idiot,don't ever try to bend a bent handle bar back that has bent. It weakens it and it could break on you and really hurt you.

thats the dumbest thing i have ever herd. they will be just fine as long as they dont kink when you bend them back. yes they probably arre weakend but they arnet just going to fall a part on ya. they are stronger than people give them credit for.

AtvMxRider
10-23-2005, 02:27 PM
thats the dumbest thing i have ever herd. they will be just fine as long as they dont kink when you bend them back. yes they probably arre weakend but they arnet just going to fall a part on ya. they are stronger than people give them credit for.

Like I said you are an idiot. You have no idea what you are talking about

shorgasm
10-23-2005, 03:35 PM
No one is worried about tweakin the welds on the stem?..the ars will be weaker and the stem will suffer.I would cut my losses with bent bars...surely wouldn't push my luck and bend them again.

Quad Dude
10-25-2005, 02:49 PM
i really dont think any of you have ever actually tried to bend your bars back so i doubt you would know. i have bent back stock bars so many times you wouldnt belive it heck ive welded them back together after they broke more than once. ya ya they are weaker then they once were but as long and the turn the wheels it works for me. you guys make it sound like if you bend them back they are so weak that you cant pull a wheelie without breaking them and thats just a bunch of bull. and the only reason i ever did get new bars i beacuse the others were to bent to be able to bend them straight again and it felt odd riding with them. after market bars do feel better and look cooler but unnecessary for a slightly bend stock bars

AtvMxRider
10-25-2005, 02:58 PM
i really dont think any of you have ever actually tried to bend your bars back so i doubt you would know. i have bent back stock bars so many times you wouldnt belive it heck ive welded them back together after they broke more than once. ya ya they are weaker then they once were but as long and the turn the wheels it works for me. you guys make it sound like if you bend them back they are so weak that you cant pull a wheelie without breaking them and thats just a bunch of bull. and the only reason i ever did get new bars i beacuse the others were to bent to be able to bend them straight again and it felt odd riding with them. after market bars do feel better and look cooler but unnecessary for a slightly bend stock bars

You are with out a shadow of a doubt the dumbest mother ****er I have ever seen.

shorgasm
10-25-2005, 03:45 PM

Lol....you can go ahead and trust tweaked bars.You got your health insurance paid up right?

For $50 or so I will save my face the pain.

Quad Dude
10-25-2005, 07:49 PM
never knew how easy people get piss off over the dumbest thing. you must not have any thing else to do. getting all worked up over this. its just my opinion you dont have to agree and you sure dont need to swear over it. and if you want to shell out the 60 buck for bars every time you crash you go ahead and do it but personally i would rather keep my money. but again my opinion

CRich[814]
12-19-2005, 04:35 PM
i have hit mine with a sludge hammer about 5 times or so after i rolled and they never snapped

AtvMxRider
12-19-2005, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by exrider13
i have hit mine with a sludge hammer about 5 times or so after i rolled and they never snapped

You 2 must be related

xx3003xrdrxx
12-19-2005, 05:05 PM
yah really , what i meant when i said bending the bars back is ok i meant that it was ok if you were out in the woods and didnt have a spair set of bars on your back lol. but welding them , wow your a bright one. Im with you on this one atvmxrider they both are ****ing retarded :o

12-19-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by AtvKid4Eva
I Have some new renthals i'll sell u for 50 shipped let me know they have a red crosspad. PM me if u want em.

I bought them lol

Jakeyracer
12-19-2005, 07:08 PM
Dear AtvMxRider,
F**K you!! Let people have there opinoins you queer. All Quad Dude is saying is that you are ok if u bend them back its not like you are gonna die. Bending them back dosnt mean they are gonna snap in two if you rest your finger on them, they are just a little weaker. I agree with Quad Dude anyways, if you bend your handle bars while riding and bent them back you probably have learned to ride a little better and smarter. You are the kind of people who do not learn from mistakes, but you can spend between $30 to $500 to buy new ones, but then you never learn. See you are the dumb***** that cant find out that hmm maybe I screwed up and should try something different to prevent this from occuring again. You must have money flying out of your *****.
So I wonder is anything on your quad stock, I would guess not.:o

AtvMxRider
12-19-2005, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Jakeyracer
Dear AtvMxRider,
F**K you!! Let people have there opinoins you queer. All Quad Dude is saying is that you are ok if u bend them back its not like you are gonna die. Bending them back dosnt mean they are gonna snap in two if you rest your finger on them, they are just a little weaker. I agree with Quad Dude anyways, if you bend your handle bars while riding and bent them back you probably have learned to ride a little better and smarter. You are the kind of people who do not learn from mistakes, but you can spend between $30 to $500 to buy new ones, but then you never learn. See you are the dumb***** that cant find out that hmm maybe I screwed up and should try something different to prevent this from occuring again. You must have money flying out of your *****.
So I wonder is anything on your quad stock, I would guess not.:o