PDA

View Full Version : 300ex sponsor sticker pics?

Honda TRX250ex
10-22-2005, 04:55 PM
does anyone have pics of their 300ex with sponsor stickers on it

300ex73
10-23-2005, 12:31 PM
You mean something kinda like this?

Honda TRX250ex
10-23-2005, 05:09 PM
yeah i have black plastic on my 250x right now so im woundering if it would look good but man am i jelious of you 300ex nice work

300ex73
10-24-2005, 06:37 AM
Thanx. I still have a few things I'd like to get done on it, but for the most part it's pretty well done. I'm working on a graphics kit right now, hopefully it'll turn out pretty nice when I get it printed and cut.

Next thing I'm thinking about doing is building a 250X with a little more of a factory built look, but basically all of the same parts. Just some different colors here and there.

Anyways, if you start using decals on the side, make sure to take the time and get them lined up on both sides.

And another thing you could do, if you want a little different look on your black plastics, is to go to a shop that specializes in vinyl decals, and have them cut your logos in one color. One place I'd check with is www.tapeworks.com. They have a lot of different colors, and can cut about any logo you send them.

Honda TRX250ex
10-24-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by 300ex73
Thanx. I still have a few things I'd like to get done on it, but for the most part it's pretty well done. I'm working on a graphics kit right now, hopefully it'll turn out pretty nice when I get it printed and cut.

Next thing I'm thinking about doing is building a 250X with a little more of a factory built look, but basically all of the same parts. Just some different colors here and there.

Anyways, if you start using decals on the side, make sure to take the time and get them lined up on both sides.

And another thing you could do, if you want a little different look on your black plastics, is to go to a shop that specializes in vinyl decals, and have them cut your logos in one color. One place I'd check with is www.tapeworks.com. They have a lot of different colors, and can cut about any logo you send them.

that 250x should look pretty sick thanks for the site hopefully im getting my razr and stickers soon

ltl666devil
10-24-2005, 04:12 PM
Honda TRX250ex

post a pick mines kinda the same and i wanna do some kinda graphics 2

ZeroLogic
10-24-2005, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by ltl666devil
Honda TRX250ex

post a pick mines kinda the same and i wanna do some kinda graphics 2

thats a 250x:macho

Honda TRX250ex
10-24-2005, 07:11 PM
hey 300ex73 do you have any more pics of your quad what kind of number plate is that on your plastic

ltl666devil
10-24-2005, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
thats a 250x:macho

yup the mods sre in my sig

ZeroLogic
10-24-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by ltl666devil
yup the mods sre in my sig

you said 250ex:macho

300ex73
10-25-2005, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Honda TRX250ex
hey 300ex73 do you have any more pics of your quad what kind of number plate is that on your plastic

Yeah, I have a few different shots of it. What angle do you wanna see it from? And the red number plates on my fenders are from Zap's ATV Racing.

Honda TRX250ex
10-25-2005, 01:36 PM
could you show me the side the rear and a angle shot thanks

300ex73
10-26-2005, 08:59 AM
Angle shot

300ex73
10-26-2005, 09:01 AM
Here's a shot of the rear.

Honda TRX250ex
10-26-2005, 01:36 PM
thanks love your quad

300ex73
10-27-2005, 02:08 PM
Thanks. Wish I could do some more to it, but until I get the a-arms sold, and get some more cash saved up, that's how it stays.

countypark
10-27-2005, 06:24 PM
GNCC Sport Class

Honda TRX250ex
10-27-2005, 07:06 PM
Thanks. Wish I could do some more to it, but until I get the a-arms sold, and get some more cash saved up, that's how it stays.
you didnt sell them yet man if i had the money id buy them what do you have in your motor and is your quad quick?

300ex73
10-28-2005, 09:08 AM
Motor is internally stock. I just make sure to keep it in tune. I constantly check the jetting, keep the air filter clean(PC Racing filterskins help alot with that) and make sure that the muffler has good packing it in every few weeks. The carb has had the choke removed, and has been pretty well dialed in. I'm gonna get it put on a dyno as soon as I can get some more cash, and have the jetting checked with an air/fuel meter.

As far as if it's quick or not? Running 14-34 gearing, I can leave my friends 400 sitting at the line, and after about 250-300 feet, he's only about a quad length ahead of me, if he's lucky. If he gets a bad start, then he's done for. As far as top end on mine, don't really know how it would compare, don't get it out anywhere that I could really open it up to see. And no, his not a stock 400EX either, may not be highly modded, but it does have a pipe, K&N filter, airbox lid removed, carb dialed in, and I even did the jetting myself, and have had it checked.

And no, he's not any worse of a rider than I am. He's got at least 10 years experience on me. If I can sometime, I'll try to get some video.

Honda TRX250ex
10-28-2005, 01:35 PM
Motor is internally stock. I just make sure to keep it in tune. I constantly check the jetting, keep the air filter clean(PC Racing filterskins help alot with that) and make sure that the muffler has good packing it in every few weeks. The carb has had the choke removed, and has been pretty well dialed in. I'm gonna get it put on a dyno as soon as I can get some more cash, and have the jetting checked with an air/fuel meter.

As far as if it's quick or not? Running 14-34 gearing, I can leave my friends 400 sitting at the line, and after about 250-300 feet, he's only about a quad length ahead of me, if he's lucky. If he gets a bad start, then he's done for. As far as top end on mine, don't really know how it would compare, don't get it out anywhere that I could really open it up to see. And no, his not a stock 400EX either, may not be highly modded, but it does have a pipe, K&N filter, airbox lid removed, carb dialed in, and I even did the jetting myself, and have had it checked.

And no, he's not any worse of a rider than I am. He's got at least 10 years experience on me. If I can sometime, I'll try to get some video.

i took the choke off my quad and i love it except in the winter hard to start i was thinking about getting that gearing too for mine. can you feel a differnce with the K&N air filter and jetted with the after market exhaust on it?

300ex73
10-28-2005, 03:15 PM
Yeah, it's a very noticeable difference with all the little mods I've done. And as far as the hard starting in the cold weather, I still haven't had a problem, usually fires up the first time. Sometimes I have to give it a couple tries, but it always starts very easily. It also idles just like it would in the summer once it fires. If you've done the choke mod, have a good complete exhaust, a K&N, and no airbox lid, then try putting in a size 42 pilot jet. That's all I had to do.

Honda TRX250ex
10-28-2005, 05:50 PM
Yeah, it's a very noticeable difference with all the little mods I've done. And as far as the hard starting in the cold weather, I still haven't had a problem, usually fires up the first time. Sometimes I have to give it a couple tries, but it always starts very easily. It also idles just like it would in the summer once it fires. If you've done the choke mod, have a good complete exhaust, a K&N, and no airbox lid, then try putting in a size 42 pilot jet. That's all I had to do.
this winter when i get some money im gonna get a dial a jet K&N air filter and maby a MHF exhaust on it all i did for the choke was took the lever off and made it so that the lever on the carb dont move it get kinda annoying in the winter cuz of the kickstart and it get hard to start when hot but i cant complain she runs excellent

300ex73
10-29-2005, 07:20 AM
If you wanna get a pipe for it, you really oughtta check into the Sparks. I mean, c'mon it's only $350, and it's one of the best performing pipes for a 250X/300EX. And I wouldn't bother with a Dial-a-jet. If you want it to run really good, here's some tips that I used.

Take the choke completely off of your carb, get rid of it all. Make sure to seal up the hole on the side of the carb once you have it all removed(so that no dirt will get in). It's pretty self explanatory when you get into it.

Get the K&N filter, and take off your airbox lid. You really don't need to worry about anything getting in there, just make sure you have a proper seal around the filter. It helps to smear a good amount of vaseline around the sealing surface of the filter before you put it on. And don't tighten it too hard. I'd also recommend PC Racing filter skins. I've been using these for a while, and they really help with keeping the filter cleaner between servicing. They're also reusable, so you'd only need to buy them once. Just make sure that if you do buy them, to get a can of K&N filter oil.

And instead of buying a Dial-a-jet, just go to your local Honda dealer for some jets. Ask him for 132, 135, and 138 Keihin jets. Try the 138 first, if it bogs or runs poorly at high rpms/full throttle, then go to the next size down. But I figure you'll prolly end up needing to use the 135. Also get a 42 pilot jet. Seriously, this will help with idle and starting problems. When you've got the carb off to change the jets, turn your airscrew clockwise until it seats, then back it out 3.5 to 4 full turns. I haven't had a chance to have the jetting checked with an air/fuel meter lately, but I'm pretty sure it's about as good as it'll get. I did one other thing when jetting, and that was to move the clip on the needle down one position. If you move it down one notch, it helps richen the mixture some more. Move it up a notch, and it leans it.

If you do all of that, it should run pretty good. Since I've done mine, I've never had a problem with starting. Not even when the quad is hot, or the outside temperature is way cold. It always fires right up. It used to take forever to get it started, and when you did get it started, if it was cold out, you had to actually stay with it and keep on the throttle until it got warmed up. I've done similar tuning on several quads now, and all have had the same results.

Anyways, I hope some of my advice helps out. Lemme know if you have any questions

Honda TRX250ex
10-29-2005, 08:19 AM
thanks my brother has a sparks on his 300ex and it sound great i was thinking about a sparks too thanks good luck if your parts