PDA

View Full Version : what rear axle for mx?

wvspeedfreak
10-22-2005, 04:30 PM
I am going to be purchasing an aftermarket extended rear axle for our Kasea 90.From the research I have done the choices are very limited(and expensive) for the minis.What brand are you guys using?
I thought about going with wheel spacers but I don't know how much the stock rear axle can take with the extra load.

Pappy
10-22-2005, 09:23 PM
Your son will be fine with spacers for atleast another year. LSR lists an axle for your skyhawk.

212racing
10-22-2005, 09:43 PM
jon anderson was making titanium axles for the kasea.
don't know how to get in touch with him now.

that is what we are going with next year, an icracing
titanium axle

wvspeedfreak
10-23-2005, 08:14 AM
Thanks for the input fellas.I think I will go with spacers for now and if he starts bending axles down the road then I will upgrade to an aftermarket axle.I can prbably resell the spacers when the time comes and get a little back out of them.

AtvMxRider
10-23-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Your son will be fine with spacers for atleast another year. LSR lists an axle for your skyhawk.

You don't want to put spacers on a Kasea, The Kasea stock axle is not tapered and it will weaken it considerably if you put spacers on it. I have a Durablue on Justin's and it has held up very good.

AtvMxRider
10-23-2005, 02:17 PM
I have also heard good things about the Nduro axle. Go to Miniatvs.com and talk qwadfather he can get you a good deal on them. They have a lifetime warrenty on them

wvspeedfreak
10-23-2005, 02:38 PM
Thanks man.I'll ckeck them out.

AtvMxRider
10-23-2005, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
Thanks man.I'll ckeck them out.

Anytime, Ed is a real nice guy and he will help you out anyway he can.

Ohtu02
10-24-2005, 08:19 PM
We bought an N-Duro axle on ebay for about $275 beginning of this year. My son gets major air for a Kasea (see http://www.atvskills.com) and we never had a problem. Good stuff, good price. Here is a link or just put in Kasea Axle to search on eBay and you'll find it. Looks like its $299 now but I've bought from this guy several times and got the items right away. Good luck. (And no, I don't even know the guy) Peace!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kasea-50-90-Polaris-Eaton-Axle-4-N-Duro-Nduro-Mini-atv_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43972QQitemZ4584400 622QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

hetrick425ex
10-26-2005, 09:04 AM
The only quads that i would rec. Dura-Blue axles for are Kaseas. They work wonderful and most shops have access to them.

Pappy
10-27-2005, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
You don't want to put spacers on a Kasea, The Kasea stock axle is not tapered and it will weaken it considerably if you put spacers on it. I have a Durablue on Justin's and it has held up very good.

im sure when his son develops to a level where strength would be a concern the axle will be in place. cody has run several kaseas with rear spacers and no damage. maybe he doesnt get enough air...lol

AtvMxRider
10-27-2005, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
im sure when his son develops to a level where strength would be a concern the axle will be in place. cody has run several kaseas with rear spacers and no damage. maybe he doesnt get enough air...lol

I've never seen one break I have just read several places about it.

Pappy
10-27-2005, 07:12 PM
im shocked we havent lunched several on the honda:scary:

wvspeedfreak
10-27-2005, 07:19 PM
Austin definately isn't near the level Cody is riding.He is only 6 and is just beginning to jump to the point where things go "thud" when he lands.My main concern over the axle versus wheel spacers was safety.I just want to set the quad up the right way and I am still new to alot of this stuff.I appreciate you guys input.

AtvMxRider
10-27-2005, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
Austin definately isn't near the level Cody is riding.He is only 6 and is just beginning to jump to the point where things go "thud" when he lands.My main concern over the axle versus wheel spacers was safety.I just want to set the quad up the right way and I am still new to alot of this stuff.I appreciate you guys input.

Anytime, If you need anything don't be afraid to pm me.