PDA

View Full Version : new atv park might be opening in NJ

kstng50
10-22-2005, 03:36 PM
there was an article on the front page of the courier post today about opening a new place in monroe. Here is the article http://courierpostonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051022/NEWS01/510220353/1006 hopefully they move forward with this. I would pay to ride there.

WhiteYFZ
10-22-2005, 03:52 PM
where is that like near chatsworth or e town?

ATC350X 85
10-22-2005, 04:50 PM
It says where it is in the article. If they have a public hearing every off roader in the state better be there we need this bad.

kstng50
10-22-2005, 05:56 PM
its in south jersey around like williamstown. It is a pretty nice place i have been there a couple times b4. Definetly have to keep everybody posted if there is going to be a meeting on this.

ATC350X 85
10-22-2005, 06:18 PM
It sure does sound good, it would be nice to have a legal sand pit to ride in, hillclimbs are my thing, hell I may buy some paddles if this place opens.

Hammer trx450r
10-22-2005, 07:02 PM
This is the new chatsworth, due to close 2008.

kstng50
10-22-2005, 07:36 PM
ive been hearing stuff about them moving but the location was secret. hopefully this is the new spot because then i wont have to travel real far to ride legaly

Robin Hood
10-22-2005, 08:45 PM
Why not anywhere near north jersey? Im getting sick and tired of driving at LEAST 2 hours to a track... :grr:

JDiablo
10-22-2005, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Robin Hood
Why not anywhere near north jersey? Im getting sick and tired of driving at LEAST 2 hours to a track... :grr:

ye tell me about it :o

flyboy62
10-23-2005, 11:20 AM
yea my dad drives two hours to get to the tracks its a real pain:mad:

deathman53
10-23-2005, 12:15 PM
no, its not the new chattsworth. they already have land almost secured, this is the STATE buying land, not a private place like chattsworth. If its a state run place, reg/ins is praobably gonna be reqired, exepting alot of poeple from riding there, like me, I don't have the money for insurance on 3 trikes and one quad on top of my street legal dirtbike.

ATC350X 85
10-23-2005, 04:12 PM
I second that deathman, it is not the new chatsworth, chatsworth is owned by the New Jersey Conservation Foundation the state bought this land for as it says hopefully the start of state owned trail systems.

IHAMMERhammer1
10-23-2005, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
ye tell me about it :o .

Over-land 450r
10-24-2005, 04:47 PM
haha

IHAMMERhammer1
10-24-2005, 06:29 PM

avc8130
10-25-2005, 07:23 AM
We absolutely must support this. We have been complaining for years that there is no legal place to ride. Here is the opportunity. Keep me posted on when there are meetings. I will be there. Reg and insurance is not that much. Well worth it to secure some riding areas. If we can get this one to open...then we can fight for Jungle Habitat or something in North NJ!
ac

ATC350X 85
10-25-2005, 07:49 PM
I have rider insurance for everything in my signature. They go by the size of the bike. The most I pay for 1 bike is about $115 a year for my 450R and insurance is $17.50 a quad, a lot cheaper than a unreg, uninsured ticket with impound fees.

jak1389
10-26-2005, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Robin Hood

yea steve it sucks driving, they were trying to make a track up in sussex county but they told no on e about the meeting so no rider went to support it. but we really need a track up north or just over the gap

Robin Hood
10-26-2005, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by jak1389
yea steve it sucks driving, they were trying to make a track up in sussex county but they told no on e about the meeting so no rider went to support it. but we really need a track up north or just over the gap

I think its time to get some people and start a petition... Like we'll ever follow through with it though, and it def. couldnt be around here, no room and we'd never get any support from our stupid town... :scary:

JRDrider22
10-26-2005, 05:14 PM
yea ur town seems to suck much. i cant wait till my new house this summer .. ima have a track in my backyard and over my drive way

Over-land 450r
10-26-2005, 05:23 PM
Jrdrider22 that sounds alsome were at. were have you been lately jeff

jak1389
10-26-2005, 05:34 PM
joey where you moving to?

JRDrider22
10-26-2005, 06:02 PM
i should be moving down towards the shamong/tabernacle area. its cheaper land down there and ill have a nice track.

jak1389
10-26-2005, 06:10 PM
even father south!!:eek2:, man now how are we going to set up a good ole ride, too far, too far

ATC350X 85
10-26-2005, 07:01 PM
Guys go over to OFFROADNJ.COM we are trying to get people together to get support for a place like this.

jeepinjp
01-08-2013, 12:23 PM
NJ`s idea of an OHV Park

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/breaking/state-s-first-off-road-vehicle-park-to-open-in/article_7016b61a-5902-11e2-a495-0019bb2963f4.html

deathman53
01-08-2013, 01:38 PM
I can't go there anyway w/ my atv's. None of them are registered, 2 can't be and others are difficult to. Its way far south anyway. If I remember right?, that park was small, overcrowded and a giant dust bowl, right???

CJM
01-08-2013, 01:58 PM
63 acres? Thats way to tiny for more than 5 people to even ride on ffs..

idiots. they just declared the woodbine pit legal..otherwise same crap but with regs and rules now.

deathman53
01-08-2013, 04:07 PM
I think I know why it has been made "legal" at this time. There has been laws on the books that drastically increase fines and penalty associated with illegal riding, particialy on state and county land. Private property for the most part is how much the owner wants push it. Now here is the catch, there had to be atleast 1 legal place to ride for the law to take effect and it was just about to expire. So they take a small pit, make it legal to ride in, make you reg/ins to ride there, then.....only allow so many in there and the rest that drive there are SOL. This does several things, gets more to get paperwork on their quads and dirtbikes(even thou you can't register a dritbike very easily, but insurance is easy), now the state can say they have to place to ride(although it is probably way worse than NJORVP and that was pretty bad also) and here is the big one...........5-10x fines, possible loss of license, criminal penalties, 30-90 day impound and need reg/ins to get it out of impound. Its all money driven plain and simple, the greens helped more this along to keep orv's out of their' delicate forests.

CJM
01-08-2013, 04:19 PM
^ probably.

Only places to ride these days are your own land and the old pits and trails.

Its all about money anyways, they dont care if you ride they just want to ticket you. It costs 280 bucks in one spot I got nabbed awhile back..

OldGuyonaQuad
01-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Deathman is dead on. It's even mentioned in the article that they just beat the deadline.

In addition to the above posted fines 3X the estimated cost of environmental damage caused.
:eek2:

I've been tempted to ride in Wharton because it's not as heavily patrolled in the winter near as much as it is in the summer. The $95 fine if caught was the same cost as the gas to go to Trevorton less the 6 hour round trip.

Anyway NJ blows but I can't imagine living anywhere else.

So it remains the best place to ride in NJ is...........................................PA. :cool:

CJM
01-09-2013, 11:05 AM
Yup. NJ sucks...

I need to move somewhere they dont care about riding.

cloudpump
01-09-2013, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Yup. NJ sucks...

I need to move somewhere they dont care about riding.

ha, stay out of ny then...

sunco
01-10-2013, 08:00 PM
a few mx places 2 hours away everything else is more like 4 hours. This is bringing down. Might need a new hobby - riding locally doesnt seem to be an option., Its 3 hours to woodbine. If there anything like chads - they will want to throw us out for hitting a jump and/or going to fast for the 5 year olds:rolleyes:

OldGuyonaQuad
01-13-2013, 04:55 PM
2 sessions with 25 riders each today on 10 acres but to to be expanded to 73.

http://unionnewsdaily.com/news/county/new-jersey-opens-first-state-owned-atv-park

lame

deathman53
01-13-2013, 06:20 PM
they call that an off-road park?????? Are they serious?? Also, putting headlights and taillights on most dirtbikes is impossible w/o big bucks, as most are motocross bikes w/o lighting coils. The more I read, I can see it will be far worse than njorvp was and that place was pretty bad to start with. What is the other rules for the new park???? 5 mph everywhere, but the riding areas, stock mufflers, sound tests and a place that you need to fill up your atv/bike at? Only 10 acres available right now, that is really small.

To be brutally honest and I know this will piss some people off, this place is lame excuse for the state to impose much higher fines and stiffer penalties. What does the state think us off-roaders are? A bunch of yuppies who buy a quad that is too powerful for us, then we get matching riding gear and then we go to atv training classes. After all this, now we are ready to ride, so we unload the atv, get geared up, start riding in a small place, get to 3rd gear and we run out of room or are too afraid to go faster. So we ride a small area, lots of kids/slow riders in the way, get kicked off, go back on ride the small area and repeat the cycle again? After this we pat ourselves on the back for a good day of riding???

Sorry this isn't riding. To me riding is, getting a track, nice big track, lots of jumps, some tight and sweeping turns, maybe a double or large tabletop, followed by rhythm secton and more of the such. Now trails: some fast flowing turns, tighter slower turns, several good sized up/down hills, a whoop section, changing of terrain types, some hardpack, then sugar sand, a long straighter section and repeat the variety. But this isn't what the state calls riding, because the office workers who will be approving it:

A: can't ride very good
B: it would wear them out quickly
C: they might fall/crash
D: consider it too dangerous

Sorry to be long and honest, but as long as non-riders, state officals, LAWYERS and greens have there way, most of us would be bored stiff at ANY STATE run place or kicked out for too fast/dangerous riding, especially if kids/slower riders are in the area.

wow its lou
03-07-2013, 12:05 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=499438

OldGuyonaQuad
03-11-2013, 03:44 PM
Lou your spam is getting annoying. If you get support for your $800 a year MX park in NJ it won't be from support garnered here with your spam.

wow its lou
03-11-2013, 06:45 PM
Hey bud,
No worries,
Ill pm you my phone number.

OldGuyonaQuad
03-12-2013, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by wow its lou
Hey bud,
No worries,
Ill pm you my phone number.

ok y?

I don't need to call you, you don't have to answer to me I'm not the owner of these forums or even a moderator.

My point is you have 21 posts and nineteen of them are links back to your original post that got one negative reply.

I applaud your effort and support the premise of your cause (somewhere to legally ride in NJ) but you don't appear to have any interest here.