PDA

View Full Version : My experenice with works shocks......

Cody_300ex
10-22-2005, 02:53 PM
Nice eh?

Cody_300ex
10-22-2005, 03:00 PM
story's here..... http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=186696&highlight=luck There for sale also.

fasterz
10-22-2005, 04:43 PM
I bought works before, i got them threw them on and went to the track, half way through the night my arms were covered in shock oil, they blew out the first time i used them. I contacted works and i shipped them back to them and they fixed them and put new springs and valves and stuff to try to fix the problem, they sent them back to me and i sold them with out even using them. All is all works has great customer service, they make inexpensive shocks for "recreational" riders. But would i ever buy them again, no.

Mxjunkie
10-22-2005, 04:45 PM
I've allways had good experiances with work's never had a bad complaint. I rode a banshee recently with elkas and it had works before, the elkas sucked in my opinion. We even adjusted them and they were still to soft..

red rider88
10-22-2005, 07:15 PM
broke my left works shock racin right in half..also caused my front end to snap in half...never again will i use works shocks i now have a set of PEP

tater_kamik
10-22-2005, 08:16 PM
well that sucks because i have works!!! oh well, time to save up for long travel elkas!!!:D

trx400exxracer
10-22-2005, 08:35 PM
My works and my brother works shocks work perfect

Cody_300ex
10-23-2005, 09:35 AM
Well I can tell ya'll that I will never own a set of works again, the biggest jump I have EVER taken these off of was a 30 ft double, and I only did it once!!! They offered to replace the shaft and rebuild/sevice both. For a little 150 bucks, but A friend of mine is sellin me some 450r stockers for 150.

Ex_Rider43
10-23-2005, 12:22 PM
the same thing happened to my friend , he was not jumping very big too.

Rico
10-25-2005, 06:29 AM
Were the shocks setup for the correct a-arms and your wieght??

I ran works for 2 years racing MX and beat the crap out of them and never had a problem with them at all. I have nothing negative to say about works to be honest. Most of the time they fail because of other issues that are not shock related.

I've seen people buy a used pair from a warrior or blaster and put them on a 300ex, only to have them fail and then say the shocks are junk. Not saying this is what you did lil300exkid, just letting people know that all this shock and a-arm swaps from one quad to another leads to failure in parts.

<DRS>GPF
10-25-2005, 10:37 AM
that shock looks bent while extended... did you rollover?

that appears to be the recreational version.. were you racing?

although i dont ride as often as id like, ive not had a problem and would recommend the steelers to any trail rider.

Over-land 450r
10-25-2005, 04:52 PM
crap happens. gotta deal with it. did you by them new??
like Rico said maybe they werent set up right. could you maybe get them welded up ??

Cody_300ex
10-25-2005, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Were the shocks setup for the correct a-arms and your wieght??

I ran works for 2 years racing MX and beat the crap out of them and never had a problem with them at all. I have nothing negative to say about works to be honest. Most of the time they fail because of other issues that are not shock related.

I've seen people buy a used pair from a warrior or blaster and put them on a 300ex, only to have them fail and then say the shocks are junk. Not saying this is what you did lil300exkid, just letting people know that all this shock and a-arm swaps from one quad to another leads to failure in parts.

No, these a-arms were designed specifically for 400ex shocks. I was not racing, and it the whole right side of the quad just leaned. It dug into the ground some when it broke. I didnt roll.

400exrider707
10-25-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid
No, these a-arms were designed specifically for 400ex shocks. I was not racing, and it the whole right side of the quad just leaned. It dug into the ground some when it broke. I didnt roll.

yeah but were these a-arms and shocks on a 400ex?

hondardr4life
10-25-2005, 06:46 PM
I hope I have better luck with mine than some of you guys, because I beat the **** out of mine. I havent got a chance to beat on the works yet, I have just ridden them through the woods. But my stock ones were taken off some daymn big jumps. I hope the works will hold up, because through the woods I couldnt have been happier.

DaleJrFan
10-25-2005, 08:36 PM
I ride the dog s**t out of mine-mx,trails,dunes, whatever. I have never had a problem with works. my buddy has the same thing on his banshee and he rides as hard or harder than I do and he and I have got our moneys worth out of works with no problems.

Curless #32
10-27-2005, 06:08 AM
I have been sponsored by Works now for 2 seasons. Those guys do everything they can to make my shocks better. If you did not contact them and have your shocks specifically made for you and your set up I don't want to hear about it. You have no business bashing them if they did not set it up for you. Those shocks appear to be a small shaft design. I am sure that they did not sell these to you knowing that you were going to beat the ever living snot out of them on an mx track. I have run their triple rate resies (last year) and the Black Widows (this year) and had one issue, I broke a spring. They overnighted a set of springs to me no charge. Pierre, Ned and all of the staff have been great to work with.

Cody_300ex
10-27-2005, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by Curless #32
I have been sponsored by Works now for 2 seasons. Those guys do everything they can to make my shocks better. If you did not contact them and have your shocks specifically made for you and your set up I don't want to hear about it. You have no business bashing them if they did not set it up for you. Those shocks appear to be a small shaft design. I am sure that they did not sell these to you knowing that you were going to beat the ever living snot out of them on an mx track. I have run their triple rate resies (last year) and the Black Widows (this year) and had one issue, I broke a spring. They overnighted a set of springs to me no charge. Pierre, Ned and all of the staff have been great to work with.

As I said in the first post, the biggest jump I have ever went off of is a 30 ft. double, ONCE. That was last april. Let me clear this up also. These shocks where used on custom designed 300ex Long travel a-arms. They were design just for 400ex shocks. These a-arms were on the correct quad, a 300ex.

400exrider707
10-27-2005, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid
As I said in the first post, the biggest jump I have ever went off of is a 30 ft. double, ONCE. That was last april. Let me clear this up also. These shocks where used on custom designed 300ex Long travel a-arms. They were design just for 400ex shocks. These a-arms were on the correct quad, a 300ex.

So if Im reading this correct you had 400ex designed a-arms on a 300ex?

<DRS>GPF
10-27-2005, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
So if Im reading this correct you had 400ex designed a-arms on a 300ex?

nope.. i read it as he had purchased specially designed 300EX a-arms, that are made to accept a 400EX sized shock..

id expect that it would be no different than getting those adapter kits for the same thing.

Cody_300ex
10-27-2005, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by <DRS>GPF
nope.. i read it as he had purchased specially designed 300EX a-arms, that are made to accept a 400EX sized shock..

Exactly, I went this way to avoid any problems like this....