PDA

View Full Version : Hot Cams Stage 1 Question

jak1389
10-22-2005, 12:26 PM
hey have a quick question, im reading the "Note" card i recieved from Hot Cams and it says remove the plunger and spring from the cylinder head. now, would it effect anything if it is not removed, or it doesnt matter. please let me know asap. thanks

~jason

RiderTRX400ex
10-22-2005, 01:38 PM
well the spring and plunger might come out of the hole... i dont know if thats possible but its the only reason i cant think of why it would say to take it out

aviator4
10-24-2005, 12:10 PM
Heck no, TAKE THEM OUT!!!! Those things CAN rattle out, I've seen iy happen.

If you don't take them out, you're flirting with one serious messed up valve train. Besides, they are easy to take out... might as well do it.

Here's a write up on how to change the cam out, and how to get them out easily:

http://www.lspsonline.com/howto/400ex%20hotcam/index.htm

400exrules
10-24-2005, 01:20 PM
if you dont take them out their is a very good chance it will seriously f^ck up your motor. The plunger is easy to get out, but dont be fooled by the spring, its deep inside the hole, you need like a jewelers screwdriver(very small) or some sort of wire. I use a tiny jewelers screwdriver my dad had, cuz it was small enough to reach into the hole and bring out the spring, then i snatched it quickly with small needlenose pliers.

400exrider707
10-24-2005, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
if you dont take them out their is a very good chance it will seriously f^ck up your motor. The plunger is easy to get out, but dont be fooled by the spring, its deep inside the hole, you need like a jewelers screwdriver(very small) or some sort of wire. I use a tiny jewelers screwdriver my dad had, cuz it was small enough to reach into the hole and bring out the spring, then i snatched it quickly with small needlenose pliers.

I used a magnet to take it out.

jak1389
10-24-2005, 02:00 PM
i have it in since june, and i tried to take it out before and i couldnt get it out with out taking out the came, so i figured it would be fine and it is still in the hole.

400exrules
10-24-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by jak1389
i have it in since june, and i tried to take it out before and i couldnt get it out with out taking out the came, so i figured it would be fine and it is still in the hole.

not a good idea;) , you better take it out while you still can

jak1389
10-24-2005, 02:40 PM
ok thanks ill be sure to take it out before my next ride.

04EX
11-01-2005, 11:04 AM
Hey i noticed in your sig that you used to have a yfz450 why did or are you selling it? Do you like your 400ex better? I was just curious

jak1389
11-01-2005, 01:35 PM
well, i ride all techy trails, hardcore stuff, very rocky hilly, and need alot or torque, and good suspension. i have my 416 already set up for that. i also race it xc. the yfz is a far supperior mx quad. if i did mx alot or fast trails i would keep it, but for my use i just need my 416 and have it ready to go.