PDA

View Full Version : The good and the bad....

shorgasm
10-22-2005, 10:37 AM
Bought a used full Ti Yosh TRS for the 400ex.Took off the stocker with the crappy opened up muff.Doing this was easy as usual except for one thing..2 exhaust studs were noticably bent.Of course I will try and do it anyways.Fully expecting the inevitable outcome of leaks and cross-threaded nuts.LOL

Of course, I got it on and all tightened up not at all happy with the amount of effort involved with such an easy task.I've had soo many sportbikes and done all my own exhaust and such stuff.Cranked her up and the fun began...leaks all around the header/head joint..:rolleyes: Fine..go to unbolt and two studs back out and the other two look like poop.

Go to bolt store and argue with parts guy that wants to know what type of vehicle is goes to...I say of course"just match them up".It's not that hard.Get new crush rings and studs/nuts.$15 well spent.

Put her all together..warm her up and couple very tiny air leaks..let cool and retighten..crank her up again and we are in business.:macho

Heard many stories about having to drop the oil tank to get the header in..little bit of wiggle and she went right in..I must tell ya though.Removing the studs is what works.

Talk about a night and day difference..usually full pipes lose some low-end to the loss of backpressure.Not here.Just throttle gets the tires all the way up in 1st and 2nd and a nice carry in 3rd on pavement.Someone had put a 155 main in before I got it and me thinks it still might be a touch lean.No popping at all and felt strong all the way through the rpm's.I'm gonna run a 160 main when we take her out in the woods and see what happens.:D

key4202003
10-22-2005, 04:49 PM
hmmmmm thats odd i have a 92 CR500 and a 03 400EX and live in utah... i wonder whose the better rider...im ahead by one or two length;) :rolleyes: isnt it nice to tinker all day and have b*tchin outcome... h*ll yeah!!!

shorgasm
10-22-2005, 06:48 PM
Lol....yes the ex is for the girl but I like it too...The poor thing even wimpers when I put it in the garage next to the 5.:macho