PDA

View Full Version : pc plastic renew

stupid driver
06-17-2002, 09:18 PM
hey does this stuff work really well. i read the review and i need a little more info before i start sandin my fenders.. anything will help. thanks

cotttonwoody
06-17-2002, 10:25 PM
Yeah, the stuff works pretty good. It takes along time to sand your fenders tho, thats why i used a power sander and keeped on sparying the fenders with water. The more you sand the better results u get. If the coating scratches off u just reaply it. The only problem i have had with it, is on my EX gas tank cover. I guess the gas kinda eats at the coating.

nakomis0
06-18-2002, 02:39 PM
I sanded mine once real good. It was a big job. It worked out great.

Now I have some new scratches and stuff. But I don't even sand it anymore. I just use the Renew and I get shiny scratches:blah Can only see the scratches when your real close. I probably but a coat or 2 of the Renew on after 3-4 washes just so it has a nice shine to it.

Once I get alot of scratches again, I'll probably sand it down, but that ain't gonna be anytime soon. I can live with scratches as long as it shines.

stupid driver
06-18-2002, 04:36 PM
thanks a bunch. so it looks almost brand new again. ive only had my EX for like 2 weeks and it is already scratchd up pretty well. (one word of advice, when ur in a waterway, look for washouts before ya take off :mad: )