PDA

View Full Version : for sale stuff or not

baseballplaya23
10-21-2005, 06:26 PM
vote weather you think stuff for sale should be able to be posted in this forum

AtvMxRider
10-21-2005, 06:36 PM
WE HAVE A CLASSIFIED SECTION FOR SELLING STUFF. Why is that so damn hard for you guys:huh ? Appartently you have nothing to do anyway cause you are sitting on the computer so what is the big deal about looking in another section:rolleyes:

baseballplaya23
10-21-2005, 06:41 PM
i just think it makes it easier for someone that needs something to look directly in the 250r forum instead of searching thru parts for every other bike too

AtvMxRider
10-21-2005, 06:43 PM
well this is not a democracy so voting is not going to do any good.

baseballplaya23
10-21-2005, 06:48 PM
idk i just wanna see what other ppl think and not just wilkin cuz he doesnt wanna have to go to page 2 to look for a post.

TheFontMaster
10-21-2005, 07:28 PM
God forbid you have to look on page 2 to find a post. The for sale section is here for a reson, use it!!!.

ground_zero298
10-22-2005, 08:56 AM
I like seeing the for sale stuff under the 250r forum. If you guys could make a 250 parts forum in the honda parts section that would be good. The search engine on here turns up mixed results, and just looking under honda parts can take along time, alot of 450r and 400 parts going around.

baseballplaya23
10-24-2005, 12:17 PM
hey wilky are you taking any of this poll into consideration?

AtvMxRider
10-24-2005, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by baseballplaya23
hey wilky are you taking any of this poll into consideration?

LMAO you guys just don't get it do you:rolleyes:

baseballplaya23
10-24-2005, 01:15 PM
ok well what is he only closing or moving some ppls ads? here is one thats been here for a couple days and its still open? http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=185317

AtvMxRider
10-24-2005, 01:16 PM
ok well what is he only closing or moving some ppls ads? here is one thats been here for a couple days and its still open? http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=185317

Well why don't you pm him and ask him then

wilkin250r
10-24-2005, 01:33 PM

Ok, fixed it. Thanks. ;)

Ok, here is the real scoop. It's not about convenience, or even public opinion. It's about a global effort to keep the site clean and organized as we get larger and larger.

For Sale ads belong in the Classifieds Section, it's as simple as that.

I understand what you guys are saying. You are right, the problem isn't severe, a few threads here and there won't hurt anything. Yes, it's easier to search here.

But what happens if/when the problem gets worse?

Everybody and their mother is selling parts for a 400EX and 450R, or selling their whole quad. Can you imagine the mess if all those posts were in the 400EX and 450R sections? Or worse (as often is the case here), if they were posted in BOTH sections?

Right now there are no items for sale on the first page of the 400EX section, and very few in other locations as well. If everybody else can adhere to this simple rule, why can't this section?

baseballplaya23
10-24-2005, 01:55 PM
well i dont browse other quad forums so i didnt know that they were doin it in all of em. i just thought that you were doin it in this forum. but then again that is another reason why we should allow it in this forum since there is so much sh*t for the 400ex's and the 450r's that way we dont have to look thru all that to find a part we need.

so wilky im not tryin to be a di*k or start anything but are we allowed to post parts that we need in this forum or do we have to go to the wanted forum? im sure not alot of ppl go see what ppl need and if we needed it fast it would be easier to post in here. are we allowed to do that?

wilkin250r
10-24-2005, 02:02 PM
I know that many people have parts that are sitting on a shelf that they may be WILLING to sell , but have not advertised. Take me, for example, I have a stock 250r axle that I'd be willing to sell if somebody needed it, but I'm not actively advertising it.

Also, like you said, not many people are browsing the Wanted section.

So, yes, I will allow Wanted threads, as long as they don't start becoming a problem. But I doubt they ever will.

beerock
10-25-2005, 11:39 AM
hey whered my posts go?

JTRtrx250r
10-25-2005, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r

So, yes, I will allow Wanted threads, as long as they don't start becoming a problem. But I doubt they ever will. I say thats fair enough!

Wilk.... how about a link for something to be sold, more so in an established thread is what Im thinking...if ppl could follow that part anyway , Would that be ok?

wilkin250r
10-25-2005, 04:55 PM
If you guys want to have one thread with links to items in the For Sale section, that's fine.

But the thread is for links only, possibly a brief description, and a price. No pictures, no bumps, and I don't want people asking for details or offers. Any discussion about the items for sale should take place in the For Sale section with the official ad. This thread should only be a pointer.

JTRtrx250r
10-25-2005, 07:59 PM
maybe you should just stick to your original guns, b/c I can see it just being more work for you (I was a mod once myself... you give an inch and they take 2)

what I was asking is more along the lines of ..

"yo... my so and so is acting up"

"I actually have 1 for sale" .. w/ a link

otherwise it probably wont work:ermm:

whatever/however.... Im ok w/ it

1 thing we should have sticky'd is the top 10 most FAQ, that was 1 of the things I wanted to do w/ Rriders... but nothing ever stayed solid long enough to get the chance:D

250R-Dee
10-26-2005, 02:10 AM
For Sale threads are not needed in here since the Classified section had subsections for the make of ATV's. Just post the crap in the proper area and add a link to your sig :chinese:

wilkin250r
10-26-2005, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
1 thing we should have sticky'd is the top 10 most FAQ,

I'm totally okay with this idea. I don't want to do a "what premix" thread, that's just dumb. But somebody DID suggest a "Difference between the years" thread, which would probably be a decent idea. I'm open to other suggestions, as well.

If there is a subject or thread that you guys want me to sticky, let me know and I'll consider it.

300exOH
10-26-2005, 09:31 AM
I'm totally okay with this idea. I don't want to do a "what premix" thread, that's just dumb. But somebody DID suggest a "Difference between the years" thread, which would probably be a decent idea. I'm open to other suggestions, as well.

If there is a subject or thread that you guys want me to sticky, let me know and I'll consider it.

How about a "why the 400ex/250r front ends don't work on the 300ex" sticky thread? There are so many posts on this that it might help reduce the repeats of them.:ermm:

beerock
10-26-2005, 04:04 PM

hehe gusseting the frame

mechanical seal, how to

etc