PDA

View Full Version : PEP or Axis?

warrior86
06-17-2002, 08:35 PM
I am wanting to upgrade shocks from works and I am trying to decide between PEP and Axis. All I do is mx. I want the best I can get for my money. Is axis realy worth the extra money? Which PEP shocks are better limited mass or zps?

CBW
06-17-2002, 09:59 PM
i dont mx,,,,,,,but took my 88r for a couple of laps and the axis are outstanding,,,,,,,,,,,get some

QuadRacer041
06-18-2002, 03:49 AM
i love my pep zps, i have them on both my 400 and R

mrusk
06-18-2002, 09:14 AM
Not another 1 of these threads again....

matt

Dave400ex
06-18-2002, 10:43 AM
I was thinking the same thing Mrusk. There is really only one Answer, get what you feel is better and would make you happy because they are both Good and you won`t go wrong with either one.

warrior86
06-18-2002, 09:09 PM
But I don't know which one feels the best because i have never had eaither one. Which is probably why i asked the question to
others that have ran these. I know there are a lot of posts about these suspinsion set ups but hey if you get tired of seeing this stuff don't waste your time lookin at it or replying your smartass comments.

Dave400ex
06-18-2002, 09:27 PM
Well I know some Guys think this is a stupid way to get Shocks, but I have noticed how a lot of the Pro`s are starting to run Axis like Gust and even Farr had a Axis Rear. That might tell you something.

chris29
06-18-2002, 10:49 PM
yeah but only Jeremiah gets a full sponsorship from them. Doug Gust and Shane Hitt switched to Axis and they were geting a full sponsorship from PEP and then they had to buy their Axis shocks with there own money and no sponsorship:eek: So that must tell you something when 2 of the best pros switch when they are getting free shocks to have to pay for their own. But like everyone says get what ever you want and you like.

Dave400ex
06-19-2002, 10:15 AM
I didn`t know that. That says a lot about Axis then. If Hitt and Gust are buying Axis when they get PEP`s Free, then the Axis must be a lot better.

trx400ex
06-19-2002, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by WarriorMan
I didn`t know that. That says a lot about Axis then. If Hitt and Gust are buying Axis when they get PEP`s Free, then the Axis must be a lot better.

must be:rolleyes:

06-19-2002, 12:57 PM
Ahhhhh,,,that's hog wash,,,axis aint' that much better than PEP for them to pay for shocks. Something else is goin on behind the scenes if ya ask me,,,PEP work just as good as axis I'm sure..

yamaha1470
06-19-2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Something else is goin on behind the scenes if ya ask me

What do u mean?

Also they are both very good shocks and i am sure there is not that much difference. You will be happy with whatever u get.

06-19-2002, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by yamaha1470

What do u mean?

PEP's been in the biz a long time and Gust has been in it along time too. Gust has been using PEP shocks for a long time and I'm sure has great relations with PEP,,why would he up and go buy axis when he can get PEP shocks for free and have them valved, rebuilt, etc at every race,etc, etc, etc. Either PEP pissed them guys off or Axis is sliding some money or free shocks under the table,,it just doesn't make sense is what I meant.:confused:

kabd69667
06-19-2002, 02:42 PM
Rico has a point there. You wouldn't think they would go out and spend their precious money on a rear shock when they can have their's revalved or even get a new one for free. My guess is that axis is giving them these shocks and trying to get them under their belt

Dave400ex
06-19-2002, 06:55 PM
Rico that does make sense. You have to think though if PEP is giving them free Shocks and Axis is too, they chose the Axis. Heck I don`t know or really care. I wish I could get some free PEP Shocks. The Guys must be happy with what they are running. If you get PEP or Axis, there shouldn`t be any Problems. You will like either Brand.

airheadedduner
06-19-2002, 08:40 PM
Get the axis shocks if you can afford them. Axis are expensive, but the PEP's are great shocks but the waiting list is ridiculouly long. Personally I am taking the middle road and getting TCS fully adjustable triple rate fronts. They are lots cheaper then Axis, the wait is not as long as PEP, and I havn't heard anything wrong with them....yet.

chris29
06-20-2002, 12:16 AM
Behind the scenes, yeah right!!!!!!!!!! Did you forget who were talking about here. The top pros who have $30,0000 quads and don't care how much something cost. The switched because they wanted something better. They want the best and if that means giving up something good for free and paying for something that is better than they don't care. Yeah sure doug has Known PEP for a while and been with them but he was with nacs for a long time to and I never would have thought he was going to leave them but he did. The pros are not dedicated to one company. They have the right to chose their sponsors and what they want to run on their bikes even if they have to fork out a little cash for something:eek:

TRX250EXER
06-20-2002, 12:33 AM
Ive road my buddies 250R with Axis. He races MX and paid a **** load all around for the shocks. I road it at a local track and was jumping a playing. SOFTEST landings Ive ever had. cant even feel bumps. He was actually beating the dirtbikes threw the woops there too. IT was pissing off the bikes. HONEST no lies. And the guys on the bikes werent bad riders or anything. They race too. I thought it was funny anyways. I love his shocks. You wont be unhappy with them.