PDA

View Full Version : Pappy kills bambi's lil bro'

Pappy
10-21-2005, 05:13 PM
Well, this is the first racked buck ive killed on my property. He isnt huge, he isnt even a buck i would usually kill, but a few things motivated me to turn him into stew meat:p

First, the wife was b!tchin' we were almost out and I hadnt killed a deer yet(ive been working alot so no time for hunting)

Second, I have been having alot of problems since my dad died last season with concentrating. So, with hunting season just starting here, i've spent the last 3 evenings in my treestand with my bow at the ready. Its amazing how much you can just relax and get rid of stress 20 feet up an oak:p

Thats where the story starts, with me 20 feet up a tree. The other night I had 3 deer come in but didnt shoot. They left and then a button buck and this little rascal came in at dark. I remember thinking right before I shot that this was a chip shot:scary: Ofcourse I missed:grr:

So, at that moment this young buck and myself instantly became best friends...lol The next night, I called a fox in and was getting ready to put the hammer down on it when the fox looked to my right and sure enough, mr buck was standing 20 feet from me:mad: Needless to say the buck and the fox both went opposite directions at the sight of each other leaving me wondering who upstairs I had pissed off..lol.

So, the 3rd night of this quest to kill this buck came and went without me seeing anything besides a squirell who made it his lot in life to pester me until dark:ermm: You know, climb up a tree next to you and bark non stop until dark:mad:

Well folks, that ended tonight when mr horny head stepped out 30 yards from me where I promptly sent an easton xx75 thru him. Everyone is happy, the freezer isnt empty and I reclaimed my manhood:eek: :blah:

Ryan poses with my soon to be stew and deer chops. Sorry it wasnt a monster buck, but as usual, the story and memories mean more to me then what gets hung on the wall......(yeah right, I hunt horns as much as the next guy:devil: )

TheFontMaster
10-21-2005, 05:16 PM
You coulda just said you killed a deer.

Ralph
10-21-2005, 05:16 PM
do animals, like humans, relieve themselves of everything inside when they die(defacate)?

that would suck

Honda400exrox
10-21-2005, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
do animals, like humans, relieve themselves of everything inside when they die(defacate)?

that would suck

yes most do

10-21-2005, 05:30 PM
can't eat the antlers anyway...my fezzer is also out of yummy venison and i think most of my archery season is now gone, gonna have to get one with a gun unfortunately, unless i canscrounge up a babysitter on my days off

even though he is msall. congrats...always makes ya feel good to get something

Mxjunkie
10-21-2005, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster

He wouldnt be pappy if he did that!

Deer steak is the best and deer jerkey.. :devil:

Pappy
10-21-2005, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Ralph

that would suck

happiness is a large gutpile ralph:devil:

harescrambles
10-21-2005, 07:05 PM
Man that sure sounds nice, killing a deer on your own land:cool:and with a bow . congratulation's

CTmxyfz
10-21-2005, 07:30 PM
Pappy, you still have that beautiful white deer you showed me when i came to get my stuff along time ago? that thing was nice and the story behind it too.

TheFontMaster
10-21-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by CTmxyfz
Pappy, you still have that beautiful white deer you showed me when i came to get my stuff along time ago? that thing was nice and the story behind it too.

oooooo Pappy I think you gots a story to tell:devil:

Mxjunkie
10-21-2005, 07:55 PM
lol tell it pappy, your storys are a blast, some random planes go over Rausch and pappys like oh man when I was riding on the moutain here I herd this noise and some planes went flying past me scared the shat out of me lmfao

maggiesboy
10-21-2005, 09:00 PM

WOW, THAT'S A GREAT STORY!

I liked Pappy's version better, it represents why we do it. Not just the Kill. The time to get in touch with ones inner self.

nosliw
10-21-2005, 09:09 PM
poor deer :ermm:

Pappy
10-21-2005, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by nosliw
poor deer :ermm:

not true, he is rich in protien which i as a human need:devil:

which deer CTmxyfz? the white one i OJ'd? lmao

souva91
10-21-2005, 09:31 PM
thats a shooter buck ,ya I shot a spiker with my bow on thursday.anyways you can't eat the horns ,all they do is cost you more money to get them mounted

nosliw
10-21-2005, 10:47 PM
oh yea, im not a veggetarian or anything.

for some reason catching a glimpse of a dead animal makes me a little on the sick side......

lol i like that saying though.... you OJ'ed it :D

Pappy
10-21-2005, 11:02 PM
ok, the OJ story...lol

I was moving some product into one of our warehouses a few years back and working late. I was in a 24' box truck and it was around 9pm.

So i am making trips loading and unloading and during the last trip, ahead of me i see a car swerve and then as it passed me i saw the left headlight out and brake lights as it passed. two cars behind it immediatley slowed to a stop and i knew something had been struck.

When i exited the truck, i heard 2 people yelling that it was a goat that was hit. i started across the road when one yelled back it wasnt a goat but a deer and it was running back to the road. Now i hunt that area and had heard stories of white deer in the area so i immediatley was fired up to get to finally see one. My walk turned to a jog and then into a slow paced run. As i crossed the road people were yelling and i could see the deer was panicked. It was running between a high fence and a house and i geuss the people and confusion had it so turned around it didnt know which way to run. It finally dashed across the yard quartering towards me:eek: I was now at a full run and the deer was angling right towards me. In the darkeness, the deer never saw me coming i guess because i hit it broadside and tackled it:macho

Now i did not know if it was a buck or doe at this point, only that i had just ran down and tackled a deer:D after bulldogging it to the ground i grabbed its head and was kind of happy there wasnt a set of horns to deal with.

I reached in my pocket and opened my knife while holding the deer firm with my left hand. I then inserted the knife 1 time into the neck piercing the juglar.

The police finally arrived, and when one officer approached he asked me to get up and sign the deer tag. i explained i couldnt because the deer would bolt away. he laughed until i let up pressure on it and it started to try and get up. he went into a freaked out panick and drew his weapon and yelled at me to get away from it! i said like hell i will, its going nowhere and your not putting a hole in its hide:macho

So, as 3 officers stood there in disbelief, the 2 fellers that witnessed the entire episode started telling the cops the story. and both of them kept saying..."that white dude tackled it and OJ'd it":devil:

the deer is now a full body mount in my den, and the taxidermist found NO broken bones or even brusing when he skun the deer. He did find my knife work, and it had some skin damaged on its lower leg from the scrape with the car.

thats my OJ'd deer story:D

Mxjunkie
10-21-2005, 11:14 PM
lmfao, Pappys a die hard redneck. If I was stuck in the hills of west virgina with him he'd probaly look around and wrestle some bear and take over his cave rofl

Pappy
10-21-2005, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
lmfao, Pappys a die hard redneck. If I was stuck in the hills of west virgina with him he'd probaly look around and wrestle some bear and take over his cave rofl

anyone wanna bet he has never watched the movie deliverence:devil:

fasterblaster09
10-21-2005, 11:27 PM
lmao,btw,what does OJ stand for:confused:

Mxjunkie
10-22-2005, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by fasterblaster09
lmao,btw,what does OJ stand for:confused:

OJ simpson!

o yeah and pappy think twice :blah:
http://www.destgulch.com/images/deliv05.jpg

prepracing
10-22-2005, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
ok, the OJ story...lol

I was moving some product into one of our warehouses a few years back and working late. I was in a 24' box truck and it was around 9pm.

So i am making trips loading and unloading and during the last trip, ahead of me i see a car swerve and then as it passed me i saw the left headlight out and brake lights as it passed. two cars behind it immediatley slowed to a stop and i knew something had been struck.

When i exited the truck, i heard 2 people yelling that it was a goat that was hit. i started across the road when one yelled back it wasnt a goat but a deer and it was running back to the road. Now i hunt that area and had heard stories of white deer in the area so i immediatley was fired up to get to finally see one. My walk turned to a jog and then into a slow paced run. As i crossed the road people were yelling and i could see the deer was panicked. It was running between a high fence and a house and i geuss the people and confusion had it so turned around it didnt know which way to run. It finally dashed across the yard quartering towards me:eek: I was now at a full run and the deer was angling right towards me. In the darkeness, the deer never saw me coming i guess because i hit it broadside and tackled it:macho

Now i did not know if it was a buck or doe at this point, only that i had just ran down and tackled a deer:D after bulldogging it to the ground i grabbed its head and was kind of happy there wasnt a set of horns to deal with.

I reached in my pocket and opened my knife while holding the deer firm with my left hand. I then inserted the knife 1 time into the neck piercing the juglar.

The police finally arrived, and when one officer approached he asked me to get up and sign the deer tag. i explained i couldnt because the deer would bolt away. he laughed until i let up pressure on it and it started to try and get up. he went into a freaked out panick and drew his weapon and yelled at me to get away from it! i said like hell i will, its going nowhere and your not putting a hole in its hide:macho

So, as 3 officers stood there in disbelief, the 2 fellers that witnessed the entire episode started telling the cops the story. and both of them kept saying..."that white dude tackled it and OJ'd it":devil:

the deer is now a full body mount in my den, and the taxidermist found NO broken bones or even brusing when he skun the deer. He did find my knife work, and it had some skin damaged on its lower leg from the scrape with the car.

so was it an albino deer ?

CTmxyfz
10-22-2005, 06:28 AM
ok, the OJ story...lol

ahh, thats the story. That thing is nice too.

Pappy
10-22-2005, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by prepracing
so was it an albino deer ?

it was a piebald. more white then brown.

TheFontMaster
10-22-2005, 04:24 PM
LMAO, I can just see Pappy running and then takling a white deer and stabbing in the neck. You hunters are some crazy people:rolleyes: :eek2:

wilsonracing
10-22-2005, 06:06 PM
Well, this is the first racked buck ive killed on my property. He isnt huge, he isnt even a buck i would usually kill, but a few things motivated me to turn him into stew meat:p

First, the wife was b!tchin' we were almost out and I hadnt killed a deer yet(ive been working alot so no time for hunting)

Second, I have been having alot of problems since my dad died last season with concentrating. So, with hunting season just starting here, i've spent the last 3 evenings in my treestand with my bow at the ready. Its amazing how much you can just relax and get rid of stress 20 feet up an oak:p

Thats where the story starts, with me 20 feet up a tree. The other night I had 3 deer come in but didnt shoot. They left and then a button buck and this little rascal came in at dark. I remember thinking right before I shot that this was a chip shot:scary: Ofcourse I missed:grr:

So, at that moment this young buck and myself instantly became best friends...lol The next night, I called a fox in and was getting ready to put the hammer down on it when the fox looked to my right and sure enough, mr buck was standing 20 feet from me:mad: Needless to say the buck and the fox both went opposite directions at the sight of each other leaving me wondering who upstairs I had pissed off..lol.

So, the 3rd night of this quest to kill this buck came and went without me seeing anything besides a squirell who made it his lot in life to pester me until dark:ermm: You know, climb up a tree next to you and bark non stop until dark:mad:

Well folks, that ended tonight when mr horny head stepped out 30 yards from me where I promptly sent an easton xx75 thru him. Everyone is happy, the freezer isnt empty and I reclaimed my manhood:eek: :blah:

Ryan poses with my soon to be stew and deer chops. Sorry it wasnt a monster buck, but as usual, the story and memories mean more to me then what gets hung on the wall......(yeah right, I hunt horns as much as the next guy:devil: ) at least you shot him instead of hit him with a 400ex...tommy

tater_kamik
10-22-2005, 08:34 PM
deliverance? i was thinking more on the lines of "wrong turn"

mmm, deer meat, yum.. im getting hungry now, thanks alot pappy! all i get here is camel meat...

hondardr4life
10-22-2005, 08:58 PM
I shot a doe today in junior rifle season.. She wasnt that big, but its still meat for the freezer. I saw a 6 point with about a 15 inch or possibly bigger spread (it was a pretty big for a 6). I might try to hunt him on the first day of rifle season. Either that or ill go to a different spot and hope for something even bigger. I shot a 9 point with about an 18 inch spread 2 years ago, so anything i shoot is not going to get mounted unless its bigger than that one.

cletusEX
10-22-2005, 09:12 PM
Just got home from Maryland's eastern shore. It was our 3 day early muzzleloader season. Saw a lot of deer but was waiting for a nice Sika buck. Saw a few smaller Sika bucks but nothing I wanted to shoot so I broke down and shot a little forkhorn whitetail this evening. It had a rack about like that one Pappy killed but no brow tines. It probably went about 140 lbs so it will eat good.

Pappy
10-22-2005, 09:16 PM
i was wondering how you did.

i didnt even go much in maryland, teh weather was more fit for duck hunting then deer hunting:p cody and i slipped out this evening and blew our chance as we were late going in. i counted atleast 8 deer at one of our feeders before the 9th one busted us. it was cool, just knowing we have them coming on the property has me smiling:D

vinson581
10-23-2005, 07:23 AM
pappy does that deer look like this?

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b206/vinson581/P1010006.jpg

we have had one in our backyard for the past 2 years, he strolls through every no and then

v581

Pappy
10-23-2005, 09:05 AM
vinson, they could be twins! lol

here are a few shots from my camera near one of my stands

Pappy
10-23-2005, 09:06 AM
he will do fine if im lucky enough to get a crack at him

popo
10-23-2005, 09:38 AM
Who's Bambi gonna play wit in da woods since you shot his brotha??????:confused:

Pappy
10-23-2005, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by popo
Who's Bambi gonna play wit in da woods since you shot his brotha??????:confused:

:devil:

TheFontMaster
10-23-2005, 11:28 AM
The flash from your camera doesn't scare them away?

Pappy
10-23-2005, 12:31 PM
The flash from your camera doesn't scare them away?

does lightening, a cars headlights etc:)

Punk'd
10-23-2005, 01:03 PM
Me and my dad have a motion cam on our stand, its very cool to see whats out there. Deer season is comeing up I cannot wait!:macho