PDA

View Full Version : Mx tracks in NC

luvmyex
06-17-2002, 08:22 PM
Any body know where there are some good mx tracks around the triad in north corolina.Or within a hour and a half drive?Looking for some quad friendly tracks where the landings arent too steep.

Evan
06-17-2002, 09:17 PM
I race at a track called Rolling Hills Cycle park its not to far from you I dont think, its in Reidsville. Its real quad friendly. Practice is on Wed, and race every other sat.

luvmyex
06-19-2002, 10:40 AM
X-Rider,I used to ride my dirt bike up there many years ago.I did ride up there and check it out.And i'll probably ride there soon,maybe rent the track one Sat. or Sun. Someone told me you can do that for $100 0r $10 a head.THat double looked like a hard landing,(what gear do ya hit the double in?)but all the tabletops looked nice and smooth.Do you ride anywhere else?

I hear theres a track in Thomasville also,Can anyone tell me something about that one?What kind of jumps?,How much does it cost?,And when can you ride there?THanks

Evan
06-19-2002, 11:01 AM
Well as of now I hvent got up the balls to clear that double, I know its pretty easy though. Not too many quads jump it, and I cant justfy risking my neck cuz in a race it wouldnt do you much good unless you were in front cuz nobody else clears it. I am pretty sure you would hit it in 3rd. A guy in practice in front of me cleared it no problem, and he looked like he was going slow and then,, zing he sailed over it. All of the tabletops are kinda small for me, I overjump them all except the very big one. I ride at a few small homebuilt tracks in my area, they are ok. No real good places though.

I have heard about that track also, heard its pretty good but dont know anymore info than that.

luvmyex
06-19-2002, 11:23 AM
Dont have the balls?All that aftermarket stuff and you dont hit that?Just giving ya a hard time dude!Where do you live at?And do you trail ride any or just on tracks?We should hook up and ride sometime if you dont mind riding with a ol man!hehehe.

Evan
06-19-2002, 03:12 PM
Youre right all the money and aftermarket dont mean crap if you dont have the cahunas to hit the jumps. If everbody else was jumping it then I would have to jump it, but they dont and I can make up time on other parts of the track. The EX is primarily a MX quad, I do a little trails with it around the house, but not much, mainly to get to my small little practice track. I live in Hillsborough. I dont mind riding with anybody, (you would proably walk all over me, I havent been riding but a couple yrs) I am trying to set the R up so I can race MX on it and ride trails, sounds impossible I know.

NJ300ex
06-19-2002, 05:38 PM
North Carolinaaaaaaaaaaaa, take your shirt off and wave it over your head like a helicopta.

I really hate that song, but i couldn't resist.

luvmyex
06-20-2002, 08:37 AM
hey,thats all ive been riding quads.And havent had a bike in 15yrs.I dont care to race really just like to ride and have fun.Are they racing this weekend or was that last week?You go a pretty good ways if you race at rolling hills.Is it $10 to practice there too? I know what ya mean about the jumps to,it has to be a fairly easy one for me to try it.(I dont heal as fast any more)But i dont mind a 25-30' jump as long as it dont launch ya way up in the air.5'-7' is about all i want.
Oh BTW just put some22" tires on there and you have a trail quad too.

Somebody has to know of some other tracks around this area.Help me people,I want to ride some tracks!

Evan
06-20-2002, 01:02 PM
We raced last weekend. Its 10 dollars to practice also. Have you tried East Bend? Devils Ridge? I am sure there are some more but most would be to far for you.

luvmyex
06-21-2002, 02:42 PM
east bend or devils ridge? no i sure havent.Iv heard of east bend but thats about it.No clue where either are.Any info would be helpful.I dont realy care to race,cause im too competitive and i know id either put way too much cash in it or wind up hurt bad.If i were to race it would probably be a hare scramble.I just want to practice on a mx track and do some nice jumps,just mess around and have fun.

Evan
06-21-2002, 06:32 PM
I cant give exact directions to either, I have only been to East bend one time, it has lots of doubles. Its a tight tecnical track, I think they have a cross country track there also but not sure. Its located near winston salem. Devils Ridge sounds like a fun track even though I havent been there, I have heard its great for quads, lots of rolling jumps, none that are dangerous. This track is in Sandford, somewhere off of 64 I belive. I only like to race on tracks I know so I only race at rolling hills right now, its the closest.

redzoomer
06-21-2002, 08:48 PM
There is also Black ankle it is more TT than Motocross

callen74
06-21-2002, 10:19 PM
Devil's Ridge is a great track for quads. All the jumps are safe and most of the turns are banked. Go to www.devilsridgemx.com (http://www.devilsridgemx.com) and check it out. Also, there is a nice track in Kenly. It has some really good doubles and a long tabletop there website is www.easterncarolinamx.com (http://www.easterncarolinamx.com). If you decide to go let me know and we can ride.

luvmyex
06-24-2002, 03:13 PM
callen,looks like the next practice at devils ridge is july 7.I think im going to try and make it down there.do you know if you have to have the ama card to practice there.I think its only certian days but not sure.Im set up for trails,so i dont need to hit anything real big.I cant afford to replace nothing.so hollerif you want to go.

luvmyex
07-11-2002, 07:18 PM
Well i went to Devils Ridge on the 7th.It was pretty fun riding on a track for a change.But man i wore me out!I usally dont get arm pump but i got it bad on the track.I can ride for hrs on the trails and not be as sore as i was from only about an hour on the track.And i usally ride the trails hard too.There were only 7 or 8 quads there and i was supprised that only two guy were really faster than me,both were set up for mx also.I couldnt pass this guy on a z400 but id let him get a lead and close it pretty easy.The track had one big jump that was about 70-80'But none of the quads would try it,even though it was kinda like a step down.You didnt get very high on any jump but you could get 40' pretty easy off a couple of em.It also had some high banked turns that were cool.And a small rythem section that i couldnt ever really get down.It was a small table top with two small 6'-7'wide doubles or whoops right behind it.I think i made it through once half way clean.I usally bounced off the top off the two doubles.
So now im ready for another track:D any other ideas guys?Where are the tracks?