PDA

View Full Version : Bad experiance with LRD

QuadRacer041
10-21-2005, 02:03 PM
I just had a bad experiance with LRD.In the past few years I have had to replace 3 LRD silencer's on various 250r's i've owned.This last one was less then a year old with not much time on it all all(maybe 10 hours), I took it apart today to repack it to get ready for the 12 hour. Well I pull it apart and it still has a good amount of packing in it but I want to repack it anyway. I pull the old packing off and the baffle inside is almost completely broken apart all the way around. So I go inside pull out my receipt and call LRD. He pretty much said YOUR BEAT SUCKER. I explained to him that this is the 3rd one ive seen it happen to and wanted to know if he could do anything for me. I wasnt looking for a new silencer, just the new baffle/tail peice. First he says it happened because I didnt repack it often enough and it shoulld be repacked every 20 hours. I said it has probably half that time on it and it still had plenty of packing in it. He then asked if I used race gas and I said yes. So then he says thats why, the race gas eats it right up. I asked him if LRD Performance made performance exhaust's and he said yes. I said ok, well your performance exhaust was on a performance engine. That engine needed to run on race gas. He said a performance engine has a carb and port work and doesnt need race gas. So after we went back and forth a few times and me trying to get him to help me out being ive been using his exhaust for a few years and keot replacing them, he basically said he cant do anything. So I told him I was very disappionted in the quality of his products, I would never buy his products anymore and would tell anyone who asked for an opinion on LRD not to use them as well. His exact words "THATS COOL HAVE A NICE DAY".
So just becare when using LRD parts and race gas, they might fall apart.
Funny though I dont remember getting any info with the silencer saying dont use this on a race engine because race gas will cause this exhaust to fail.

Anyway LRD= junk to me.

QuadRacer041
10-21-2005, 02:25 PM
heres a picture

JDiablo
10-21-2005, 02:42 PM
Boy that sucks,i hope i dont have that problem i just ordered one :mad:

tater_kamik
10-21-2005, 03:08 PM
thats crappy... i wonder if anyone else has had this problem? maybe i wont recommend lrd exhausts anymore:ermm:

10-22-2005, 04:47 PM
u could jest use a steel holow pipe n stick it in their n it would work good but would get louder sense the sound cant hit the packing then at less u drill holes in it. that would make it useable

tater_kamik
10-22-2005, 07:56 PM
^^^^ no offense, but i have no idea what you are saying:ermm:

JDiablo
10-22-2005, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by blue450yo
u could jest use a steel holow pipe n stick it in their n it would work good but would get louder sense the sound cant hit the packing then at less u drill holes in it. that would make it useable

You never make any sense when you type,please go back to 1st grade and take spelling over!

rebelbanshee
10-22-2005, 08:09 PM
looks just like my Duncan one did after awhile....sheesh crappy duncan!! Im getting a Cobra next I heard they never corode due to unavoidable reactions between materials!!

Toadz400
10-23-2005, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by 300exrida
You never make any sense when you type,please go back to 1st grade and take spelling over!

Take a look at his profile, he's a stoner that couldn't handle high school and is going to alternative school. We have so many kids like him in our town it's not even funny.

That sucks with the LRD, I'd call back and ask to talk to someone else though before you make your assumption about the company. I'm sure that guy had no idea what he was talking about (obviously) and probably wasn't even in that area for business, probably just a janitor or something having fun on the phone. Call back and ask to speak to someone higher up.

10-23-2005, 09:04 AM
well what i did with my e-series and the steal pipe worked n let it rev faster.

10-23-2005, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by 300exrida

nnnnnnn my moma say i smartest kid n school nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

10-23-2005, 09:11 AM
what i was saying is use a holow 1-2 inch fat pipe and cut it to the length u need it n replace it with your broken down coar.

Toadz400
10-23-2005, 09:18 AM

Well, after hours of testing and research, I've come to understand what he's trying to say.

Your idea would work though, basically all you're talking about is replacing the baffle/core whatever it is yourself by using a pipe and just drilling holes in it. It would work, probably wouldn't be effective as the original, but it would make it useable.

JDiablo
10-23-2005, 09:18 AM
what i was saying is use a holow 1-2 inch fat pipe and cut it to the length u need it n replace it with your broken down coar.

This is what you need

http://www.iespell.com/download.php

hontrx265r
10-23-2005, 12:52 PM
get an esr silencer they are real nice and have a double oring seal they are small and look real good best silencer I had. But I still ran it with a paulturner expansion chamber. I also had bad expierence with lrd a while back I had them rebuild my axis shocks took over two months for them to change the oil and seals. Got the shocks back put them on, didn't even ride the bike at all. went outside in the morning and all the oil from the left shock was on the floor! sent them back and had it done again. another two weeks!! I get them back this time and the two of them felt totally different you could even feel air in one of them.
ridiculous.

400exrider707
10-23-2005, 01:02 PM
my buddy has an LRD on his 450R and he has had nothing but problems with it. The coloring on the label, like every other one I see wears off excessively fast. Then the bolts that hold the silencer to the mid-pipe stripped multiple times until we put in heli-coils. Garbage in my opinion and I will not be buying one.

d kelley
10-23-2005, 04:52 PM
SO I GUESS LRD IS A SUCK WAD COMPANY AND THEIR PARTS SUCK TOO? IS THAT WHAT YOURE TRYING TO SAY? DEATH TO LRD? :mad:

wvspeedfreak
10-23-2005, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by d kelley
SO I GUESS LRD IS A SUCK WAD COMPANY AND THEIR PARTS SUCK TOO? IS THAT WHAT YOURE TRYING TO SAY? DEATH TO LRD? :mad:

So you have dealt with them too huh?

Chef
10-23-2005, 06:12 PM
Not saying LRD was right in this, because they werent, but really all exhausts with a core setup like that will do that...my Big Gun did it, along with my E Series and an old FMF I had...all the same thing. The fuel, regardless of leaded, unleaded, regular 110 or oxygenated VP, will eat the core up and rust it out. Might as well consider it a consumable item.

QuadRacer041
10-23-2005, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Chef
Not saying LRD was right in this, because they werent, but really all exhausts with a core setup like that will do that...my Big Gun did it, along with my E Series and an old FMF I had...all the same thing. The fuel, regardless of leaded, unleaded, regular 110 or oxygenated VP, will eat the core up and rust it out. Might as well consider it a consumable item.

with the amount of time on it, it should not have happened

Chef
10-23-2005, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by QuadRacer041
with the amount of time on it, it should not have happened

True, I forgot about the time issue.