PDA

View Full Version : Motorola Razor?

Punk'd
10-20-2005, 09:21 PM
Does anyone have this phone? One is on the way for me. I have had 3 Motorola V551 or whatever they are.. They have been the biggest peice iv ever owned. Lets just put it this way.. I plugged the phone in to charge.. and the charge port FELL out of the phone...... So I just want to know if this phone is going to be nice. Details would be appreciated:)

10-20-2005, 09:28 PM
I have one- its awesome, just don't look at it too hard. Itt'l break. I've gone through two already, one fell from my hand to the floor and broke, and i sat on the other one. There more of a look but don't touch phone. My v551 was really durable, idk what was up with yours.

Punk'd
10-20-2005, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by aLLoY MX 428
I have one- its awesome, just don't look at it too hard. Itt'l break. I've gone through two already, one fell from my hand to the floor and broke, and i sat on the other one. There more of a look but don't touch phone. My v551 was really durable, idk what was up with yours.

Hows the service and such? Can you hear people clear?

Would I be able to trasfer my SIM card to the razor from my V551?

Sorry for the questions bro, but thanks for the help

10-20-2005, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Punk'd
Hows the service and such? Can you hear people clear?

Would I be able to trasfer my SIM card to the razor from my V551?

Sorry for the questions bro, but thanks for the help The service is great, I haven't found a place with no service yet- and yes, you can hear people fine. I'm not sure about the SIM card, but my friend owns a phone store so i could ask him( I got my black Razr for $85:D :D )

Syrus
10-20-2005, 09:35 PM
There nice phones, but buddy just bought the black model. The best feature personally i think, is the speaker phone. You can turn it on, and put it in ur front packet and still chat away while driving. And the realtunes rings are very clear. Thin as a credit card.. almost :P

Seems to be a decent phone. !

Punk'd
10-20-2005, 09:45 PM
Glad to hear its a good phone.

And yeah, Alloy Mx if you dont mind can you ask him for me?

blakefoote
10-21-2005, 10:17 AM
OMG....I got my first v400 in august of last year and now I am on my 5th v551. They are the biggest POS but the new v551s are suppose to better i got the new one it has lasted bout 3 months so far no problems at all.

tater_kamik
10-21-2005, 10:30 AM
i havent had an problem with my razor yet! havent broken mine yet either... you got yours for 85!?! your boy hooked ya up!!

Cole Trane
10-21-2005, 10:56 AM
I've got a black razr, and I'm not extremely impressed by it. My service isn't that great and I don't always get my voicemail immediately. Sometimes it takes days to get it.

Rdhanded2
10-21-2005, 11:23 AM
I am a service technician, I work on phones for a living. STAY AWAY from that phone. Some of you might have good experiences, and that is good, but you are in the minority. They are trash. Don't waste your money. And this is coming from an unbiased oppinion..... I work on them so I know how they perform.

Punk'd
10-21-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Rdhanded2
I am a service technician, I work on phones for a living. STAY AWAY from that phone. Some of you might have good experiences, and that is good, but you are in the minority. They are trash. Don't waste your money. And this is coming from an unbiased oppinion..... I work on them so I know how they perform.

Already on its way:eek:

They gave me a credit for the V551 so it was kinda free:)

FasstMidnightZ
10-21-2005, 02:28 PM
I think the Motorola Razor is ugly.

tater_kamik
10-21-2005, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Rdhanded2

i dont know of anyone who has had an problem with one yet (except for alloy breaking his) and i know quite a few people with them. guess i know a lot of people that are in an "minority" that have not had any problems...

10-21-2005, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by tater_kamik
i dont know of anyone who has had an problem with one yet (except for alloy breaking his) and i know quite a few people with them. guess i know a lot of people that are in an "minority" that have not had any problems... Lets just put it this way- my buddy stopped carrying them in his store because of all the complaints.

K_Fulk
10-21-2005, 07:23 PM
Whats a good flip phone to get. Every motorola ive had has been a pile.

Best phone i've had so far was the kyrocera i had in 200-01. Maybe I was just lucky. The nokia's ive had were allright but never came in that great where I live.

Anyway what's a good one to get were about due for new phones.

FasstMidnightZ
10-21-2005, 07:27 PM
LG C1400 ;)

or

the Samsun P207 which i want so bad.

2001300exguy
10-21-2005, 08:03 PM
i have the samsung sgh x497 it doesnt have a camera but its a flip phone and i havent had any problems yet ive dropped it several time on concrete too

400ex28
10-21-2005, 08:40 PM
I have the lg 1400 and ive beat that thing so hard and it keeps on tickin :D

10-21-2005, 08:57 PM
LG8000

http://www.flytip.com/blogs/mobility/images/lg8000.jpg

Motorola MPx220

http://www.firstadopter.com/images/mpx220.jpg