PDA

View Full Version : hey rico, race here

trx400ex
09-23-2001, 08:02 PM
hey rico i found a track im gonna race at next year and maybe even this year..its in indianapolis though so its a good drive for ya .......

trx400ex
09-23-2001, 08:07 PM
The new track design was loved by all riders this past race in September.

With a 40 man starting gate, the track goes into a sharp left hand turn and flies across a table top, followed by another table top and then by a 60 ft double. After you come across another table top leading into a 180 berm turn to shoot you across a step up, preparing you for a table top and a whoop section.

After 15 whoops, you can either triple or double single, launching you out towards the down hill ski jump, then a 180 turn brings you back across a double back on to the top of the track and sets you up for the step on - step off, then you have a chance to fly over the tunnel jump that was used during the July race to bring the races on to the track.

After the tunnel jump, you now enter the back part of the track which is made of long straight a ways and sharp 180 degree turns, all in perfect loose soil, this allows for many lines and excellent racing!!

Coming out of this section you encounter a quadruple jump, more or less a small whoop section, followed by a short table top to set you up for the grand stand 100 foot table top that launches you for all to see, then you come back on to the track and start all over again!!

Booth space is still available for this next race and the October race, if interested please call 317-590-0334.

SOUND OKAY?

09-24-2001, 06:56 AM
Sounds like a huge track,,,I'd like ta check it out,,,do they have a webpage. I have another race at the end of Oct. at paoli peaks 27 & 28. What's the name of this place do you know??

trx400ex
09-24-2001, 02:55 PM
some kids at my scool raced there in july and said the track wasnt too good, but i think they built a new one in september, www.indymx.com is the website, you dont need to be 16 either. the name is indy mx i beleive, never seen it but i might take a look before the race or that day ifn i dont race ill just practice and if i dont practice ill just watch, but ill be racing there next year for sure,,,,,,,i got some new aarms on order, rico, what axle do you think i should go with , durablue eleminator or lonestar? thanks latr

09-25-2001, 10:25 AM
Well with all the choices for axles out there its hard to say. How much do you wanna spend?? Of course you know the stories of durablues breaking and bending,,they have lifetime warranties, and even if they give you a hard way to go,,it's in there adds so it would be false advertisement,,they have to warranty it,,period. My next choice would be a dominator from the RAD company never heard anything about them having problems,,,cost the same as a lonestart,,,no matter what you get a lifetime warranty with any axle you buy,,,durablue is just the cheapest of the three,,,money wise. A lot of pros use durablue so they can't be that bad..

09-25-2001, 11:55 AM
it sounds like a cool track and i think i might go there and check it out soon...it would be nice if they annonced the oct. race date cause it's almost oct.

trx400ex
09-25-2001, 02:57 PM
they did, its the 14, u goin?

09-25-2001, 09:23 PM
ahh, i think the next race up here is that day...so i am not sure yet...i think i'm done for the season cause i need a top end rebuild pretty bad

09-26-2001, 08:28 AM
I wont' be there,,,got a 10 year high school reunion the night before,,,so I'm sure ole Rico will be hanginover a little..

10-09-2001, 10:09 PM
Sounds like a pretty cool track may have to check it out sometime, thanks! As for your axle, I have a lonestar adjustable and love the finish, adjustability ( uses spacers ), and it has a lifetime warranty. It looks sweet even with my stock swingarm, but the custom axis shock adds to that a little bit too he he.

RideRed04
10-10-2001, 04:48 PM
beware of durablue! The warrenty is only good once. Break it once, you are all good. Break it again, you are SOL:(

trx400ex
10-10-2001, 05:32 PM
i bought a durablue,,,,my idea is this,,, if i break it once ill get the new one and sell it to buy a lonestar...now thats what i call pimp....but i doubt ill hae any probs

10-10-2001, 08:27 PM
I personally never owned a durablue, but I am impressed with my Lonestar Axle. Hey TRX400ex if you plan on getting Custom axis you better attach some weight to your quad so you don't jump out of the atmosphere! You won't be dissapointed.

trx400ex
10-10-2001, 08:51 PM
i emailed them and i hope to get some more info, how much better are they than other brands do you think its worth it....i cant afford the 1300 fronts though, i want triples with no adj,i want to get a front and rear, for the rear i dont know what to do, do you think these would be good? thanks

10-10-2001, 09:15 PM
TRX400EX- I have triple-rate compression adjustable w/resovoirs on the front (can't get dual adj.), and a dual-rate dual adj. on the rear but this set up I have is for motocross. I personally can't compare there quality to Elka's and Ohlins because I never owned any of those, but I see a lot of PEPs, TCS, and Whit Bros, and the custom axis are not in the same category. For all out racing and extreme recreation riding I can't be happier with Custom Axis, I believe they were started by Penske which makes shocks for race cars and they are a big name. The quality of my shocks were perfect, and I received a detailed manual explaining exactly how they work and how to tune them. Depends on how you ride, the other shocks will probably work best for tame riders who are just looking to upgrade a little from stock. If that is your case you will waste your money on custom-axis and you should just have a reputable company rebuild your rear shock and do a little more research on the cheaper options you have for the front. I think all together I payed about $2000 for all three shocks with shipping that were custom made for my weight, riding conditions, and machine. I think that is a ridiculous price to pay for shocks, but sometimes you do get what you pay for, and the majority of pros use Custom Axis for a reason.

trx400ex
10-10-2001, 10:46 PM
i plan on racing any day now, and i usually air it out fairly big, if learned one thing in my life it is to do something write the first time, if i spend money on my engine and buy cheap shocks i wouldnt be able to upgrade the shocks without spending alot more money than nesicary..on the other hand, if i buy the best shocks, and not so much for the engine, i can add to the engine and not lose a dime to initial mistake.......do you think a quad like the one ive got , 4 inches wider....custom axis shocks would do good in the b class in mx? with no motor mods im a fairly good rider and know its 10 percent machine but if your racin a blaster against a 330r it closer to 80 .percent. plus b class isnt very competive around here,ill be watchen this race a this track on sunday.. later thanks

10-10-2001, 11:28 PM
TRX400EX, You are 100% correct, think about it, with your stock suspension, you could beef your motor up and still lose. With my stock motor (only pipe and jet kit) I could easily outride my suspension, but with my new suspension, the stock motor sucks but I am not loaded$. You will be able to win more races with the stock motor, and modified suspension on most mx tracks. I don't know how good you will do in B class, but custom axis are used throughout all the top pro levels. I personally could compete with the top dawgs at the track with modded suspension, and motor, with my completely stock 400, but that was pushing my quad too much for safety. You are right it is all rider. I have taken local chumps with modified 400exs with my completely stock Banshee! They were pretty pissed but got to see what Banshee roost is about! Again you are right, it is all rider. You are also thinking when you say to buy good shocks/suspension and stick with the stock motor if you plan on racing. Suspension on quads is what wins races, your motor has an obvious impact, but not as great as your suspension. Keep thinking for yourself and you'll figure it out.! Good Luck! With the new suspension, you definetly shouldn't be in B class unless your still learning to race which would be the smart way to do it. Me I'm a little crazy and want to race the fastest local guys I can find! Crazy is not always the best way to go, but its me. Hope this helped a little?

10-11-2001, 06:45 AM
But TRX400ex also remember that you don't have to have the best to win,,,yes axis shocks are the best and I'd love to have a set myself,,but as we all know they arent cheap. here's a little more advice and input from me. Shocks DO make all the difference in the world when it comes to racin or riding on a track but they won't make you a winner either,,as you mentioned and tool mentioned it is rider more than anything. I've beat a guy this year twice and he runs axis all around and has motor work done. I run the "piece of junk shocks" with a stock rear shock and have no problem keeping up with other moddified quads. Also,,the open 4 stroke class were I race,,,the guy that almost always wins 9 out of 10 races has a 330ex with dual rate works steelers,,and he runs against some pissed off quads,,,so don't think you have to get the best to win,,,yes it would be nice but I know your not a 30 year old well paid adult either your still young and don't have much cash to throw around. IF you can afford the axis,,hey get em,,they are badass,,but I think you could get other brands and do just as good....especially if your just now getting into racing,,,just my 2 cents worth.

trx400ex
10-11-2001, 09:59 AM
thanks guys, that the only nice thing anyones said to me on here for a long time. i know im going to e racing against a really wild set of quads, ill know this weekend for sure what they are.there a guy that lives here has a 330r, with tcs suspension and everything, he just rides for points, so loses almost every race,im mean last not 2nd or 3rd, then his son has a 265 powervalvle with pep or tcs, who wins everything, he is a very good rider, but i wont race with him, i am not a loaded 30 year old adult either:)lol, and i work hard on the farm fo my money(sounds like a hilljack).but i dont want to have to buy shocks twice for any reason...if i do get axis, motor mods will have to wait, and im leaning toward doin that. i think i will do good if i have axis and just a pipe and airfilter,, like tool said (do you like the band tool, or working with tools?) i dont get to much money from my parents, my dad loves to spend money on cattle....here next week i have to miss the ironman so we can do to west virgina and buy a 10k calf to show, and i wanted to go to that and just ride around since it only a couple seconds away...well thanks guys,any more ideas feel free......

trx400ex
10-11-2001, 09:53 PM
talked to rick strickland, who said it would be best to get a rear dualrate comp adj , and front triple rate non adj.....this setup would run about 1700, where there top of the line shocks bring 2300..he said that works, tcs, pep, and elka werent to be confused in the same class as custom axis...dont know when ill have the money, i have to make an appoinment tomorow to know for sure,the rear will not get replaced untill spring, before i race, after i order them he said it would only take 4 to 5 weeks, because this is there slow time , i read the thing tool is talking about(book), and you can tell why they are so expensive, they even sell there own nifty shockwears!!!!i cant wait!!!

10-11-2001, 11:57 PM
Trx400ex- you are right custom axis are a in class of their own, the winners class. Also the manual that was sent to me gets extremely explicit and will teach you a lot, but a lot of stuff will also go over your head, you'll see. I had to wait around 2 months to get my shocks, and that was only because I kept calling them to check status. Rico, no you don't have to have the best to win, but it makes winning a whole lot easier!

10-15-2001, 07:31 AM
Yeah and if your like me,,part of Fatboy racing,,,any little bit of help makes a big difference..:D