PDA

View Full Version : whats wrong with my clutch

QuadRacer041
10-20-2005, 06:27 PM
I think something is wrong with my clutch. The clutch lever is super hard to pull and its not a cable problem. If you look at the clutch rod/arm(the arm that comes out of the case) where the cable connects, its sits alot more forward then any other 250R ive seen. Usually it is at about a 90* angle but this is at about a 45* more towards the front of the quad. I think something may be worn but want to get an idea what is might be. I would think that it could be the rod that goes through the saft, the needle bearing thing or the rod that comes out of the case itself. Anyone ever have this problem???

beerock
10-20-2005, 07:52 PM
has something to do with the push rod, lifter pressure plate or clutch arm area, unless a clutch fiber dissentegrated. usually when there a little past full pull on the lever the clutch arm will hit the round area and lock it in. take off the hinson clutch cover and pop the pressure plate off. examine the parts for correct function youll find your problem

wilkin250r
10-21-2005, 10:28 AM
If you know it's not a cable problem, then you have to take apart the clutch to fix it.

We can throw all the suggestions we want, but you'll never know for certain until you take it apart. And you gotta take it apart anyways to fix it, so what are you waiting for?