PDA

View Full Version : Jetting?

john.E.business
10-20-2005, 05:50 PM
would i need to jet my quad if i where to take out the baffler and ran it with the lid off the airbox? also is it okay to run without the lid on with a stock filter?:macho

fastrider450r
10-20-2005, 06:42 PM
yes you need to jet it, it will run way to lean if you don't. sure you can run without an aftermarket filter with the airbox off, but your going to have to clean it often

john.E.business
10-20-2005, 07:17 PM
now what if i where just to take the baffle out? would that give me any improvements anyways? or would it just be noisier?thnx

wanna_be_ridn
10-20-2005, 07:49 PM
I took mine out of my 06 and i couldnt really notice any power diff, just got a lil louder.

Punk'd
10-20-2005, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by wanna_be_ridn
I took mine out of my 06 and i couldnt really notice any power diff, just got a lil louder.

I agree.. Buy a pipe and take the lid off. You will be amazed.

Stock main jet is 118
Pilot - 48

Im running a 190 main and 50 pilot with my Sparks pipe and the lid off. This setup is good, but I would reccomend a pipe if your wanting to rejet and get a nice diffrence out of it.

john.E.business
10-20-2005, 10:50 PM
yea i was thinking about putting a sparks or a a white brothers aluminum pro which would u recommend?

Moto92
10-21-2005, 12:56 AM
neither....Rossier Engineering

fastrider450r
10-21-2005, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by fearthisracer
neither....Rossier Engineering
yeah that or just i just put on a scorpion exhaust and has real good bottom end. i have never ridden a RE but i would like to though...so i don't know how my scorpion is compared to a rossier.

depotman19
10-21-2005, 10:59 AM
Either way I would suggest to take the baffle out of your stock exhaust and take your air box lid off even with your stock filter.
You will notice a significant power increase.

You will need to rejet your main jet. I would suggest putting in 180 main jet and you should change your stock needle to either an Hrc needle or a Sparks needle. If not you should atleast move your clip to the 4 position.

If your stock air filter does not have any filter spray on it you will need to buy some foam filter spray and spray your stock filter to prevent crap from getting into your intake.

Good luck

Jake..........

john.E.business
10-21-2005, 11:37 AM
See i have heard people say that the sparks and the rossier are about the same? but yea i really like the look of those rossier pipes there sharp, i was thinking of also getting the hrc kit? would you guys recommend this?

depotman19
10-21-2005, 12:02 PM
The rossier is going to be cheaper and the pipes give similar results.

I would suggest getting the Hot cams Stage II and buying a Hrc needle and drill out your breather t. This wold be a lot cheaper than the Hrc kit.

Punk'd
10-21-2005, 02:21 PM
Go with Sparks, but it is loud (but its a good loud)

Check out my video in my sig.