PDA

View Full Version : hybrid POURING out gas..?

redrider311
10-20-2005, 05:20 PM
well i still got a few kinks to work out on the hybrid...this is a CR flat slide carb.. basically the same as on the YFZ.. what happens is that when i turn my gas on it flows from the tank into the carb and then right to the floor... i rode it ALL day saturday and had no problem.. i did do some jumping late sunday for about 10 minutes and when i pulled back on the concrete i noticed the gas was pouring straight out of the bottom of the carb.. today i took apart the float bowl and i did not notice anything wrong there.. what do you guys think.. im completely stumped....

thanks for any help..

mark

UglyMotha™
10-20-2005, 06:07 PM
did you check the float valve and seat, also take you bowl off and fill it with water or gas or beer and make sure its not the drain screw, the seats on those can get messed up too

redrider311
10-20-2005, 09:02 PM
alright i took the bowl off and poured water in it i completely filled it and nothing happened it all stayed in...so then i put the bowl and carb back together and poured water down where the fuel goes in at.. i poured alot of water in and none of it came out of the bowl then..so now what do i do about the water? i got it all out of the carb.. if i just let the carb sit the water cant do any harm can it or what should i do? what do you think the problem could be now?

thanks guys,
mark'

speedfreaksguy
10-21-2005, 03:29 PM
Sounds like your float was sticking and you fixed it. Sometimes you can fix a stuck float by tapping on the bowl with a screwdriver.

ss440ex
10-21-2005, 06:41 PM
There should be a carburator bowl drain screw,
on lower L/H side of the bowl.

It will drain everything thats in the bowl.

BLACKeR
10-22-2005, 08:52 AM
Sounds like your float was sticking and you fixed it. Sometimes you can fix a stuck float by tapping on the bowl with a screwdriver.

yep thats what it sounds like, itll happen randomly sometimes, just tap the float bowl. till it stops