PDA

View Full Version : engine oil problems!!!

Wired
06-17-2002, 06:50 PM
ok i need some feeback ASAP! well first off my 400ex burns oil like a mofo! second, theres oil all over the top end of my engine. almost looks like its seeping through the gasket that connects the head piece from the cylinder to the actual cylinder. make sense? well im going to tear into it tonight, so if anyone has any idea what this might be could you please tell me what i should be looking for to make sure i know whats broke! i think i just had too much oil in and the pressure blew out the gasket but i dont know if thats possible. also this is my first time with a 4 stroke engine so any tips are usefull if anyone has any for me. thanks, wish me luck

jon

Wired
06-17-2002, 09:47 PM
you guys are great :macho

:rolleyes:

06-17-2002, 10:55 PM
Is the engine burning the oil out the pipe and leaking from the head and base gaskets?

If it is thats not good. But this is a pretty easy motor to work on and if your burning the oil you need to change the rings and maybe bore it so you are gonna need some new gaskets anyway.

It wont matter which gasket is leaking if its burning oil.

Let us know what you find when you get into it.

If you dont ahve a manual get one ASAP as your gonna need it before you start taking it apart.

Braff1
06-18-2002, 06:11 AM
I recommend giving the EX to BabyCakes as a birthday present and getting yourself a new z-400.