PDA

View Full Version : cam/cluth

timmay
10-20-2005, 08:50 AM
can somone help me i just took out my cam i did everything by the book and i orderd a hot cam stage 1 i noticed that now my cluch is not working if i pull in the cluch handle the tires will not spin freeley when it is in gear (can someone pleas help me)???

?did i do somthing rong when i put it a top ded center i might have spun it clockwiz insted of counter clockwiz acording to the manual?

duke416ex
10-20-2005, 09:19 AM
If all you did was change the cam, didn't put a new timing chain in or anything, then you probably just need to adjust the clutch cable.

timmay
10-20-2005, 09:55 AM
it is not the cable i have aready tried i dont have the new cam in yet

400exrider707
10-20-2005, 12:08 PM
If its on a stand then I wouldn't worry about it too much. Try grabbing one of the tires with your hand and if it stops it then I wouldn't worry about it. If you cant stop it with the clutch in then you probably need a new clutch basket worse case, or just adjust the cable properly.

XCredrider
10-20-2005, 01:52 PM
your plates could just be stuck together. im not quite sure what you mean but from what it sounds like if you start it up and pull in the clutch it should be okay. My moms warrior does this all the time. I started it in neutral the other day and pulled in the clutch and put it in reverse and it took off through the garage. I stepped on the brakes and it stopped and the clutch grabbed and it was fine. She ahs a dirt digger clutch in it so idk if thats what it is but it should bee okay :cool:

ZeroLogic
10-20-2005, 02:19 PM
on my 300ex if you tilt it on the clutch side it wont work for a while like the clutch slips
i think oil gets into the clutch plates and what not

did you tilt the engine?

timmay
10-21-2005, 08:57 AM
ill try thanks !;)