PDA

View Full Version : john natalie ?

woodside83
10-20-2005, 01:21 AM
i was reading on the las gncc race where he was at that he was going to have some new sponcership from elka and roll desine. what else will be new for next year and will him and tim farr be like doug gust and J jones.

SECCRS
10-20-2005, 03:45 AM
Natalie has a contract with Fox Shocks already so dont see that happening. And I am not sure what you mean by will he be like Jones or Farr.

jdwxv3
10-20-2005, 04:46 AM
The GNCC covergae said he signed a contract with Roll Design and Elka. Unless this, what I consider credible source ,the site admin. is wrong Natalie will be riding with Elka's and Roll Designs.

Dupontster
10-20-2005, 05:04 AM
That kinda sucks. I thought the Gibson/Fox shocks was a awsome setup and he said there the best setup he has ever riden:confused:

Jersey450R
10-20-2005, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by SECCRS
Natalie has a contract with Fox Shocks already so dont see that happening.

John signed with IMS/Roll Design and Elka for 2006.

Cdaleracer
10-20-2005, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Dupontster
That kinda sucks. I thought the Gibson/Fox shocks was a awsome setup and he said there the best setup he has ever riden:confused:

And I'm sure it was the best set up he has ever ridden. But that might change with the Roll Design/Elka set up. He probably has to say that too since he was sponsored by them.

intruder
10-20-2005, 08:13 AM
It's all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Anyone could make the best if the price was right.

400grl
10-20-2005, 10:16 AM
The Pro's run what they are paid to run.......or whichever company gives them the best deal. Don't base what you buy on what the Pro's use........it makes more sense to look at what the A and Pro-Am racers run than anything - since alot of them still have to buy their stuff........since they are spending their money, they will be alot more concerned with whether or not they are getting a good product.....imo.

wilkin250r
10-20-2005, 10:25 AM
I bet there are less than 10 riders on this site that can utilize the differences in a Roll Design/Elka setup over a Gibson/Fox setup.

SECCRS
10-20-2005, 10:33 AM
What you buy is not what the pro's are running anyways. Its what will be out next year.

Dupontster
10-20-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by 400grl
The Pro's run what they are paid to run.......or whichever company gives them the best deal. Don't base what you buy on what the Pro's use........it makes more sense to look at what the A and Pro-Am racers run than anything - since alot of them still have to buy their stuff........since they are spending their money, they will be alot more concerned with whether or not they are getting a good product.....imo.

Good point.....:D

Allen
10-20-2005, 01:57 PM
I bet there are less than 10 riders on this site that can utilize the differences in a Roll Design/Elka setup over a Gibson/Fox setup.

That's the truth...most novice riders couldn't notice the difference in Long travel or standard...I know I didn't

WORCSYFZ199
10-20-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by 400grl

it makes sense to some extent but if you think about it, you should want to run what the pro's have because that is the same stuff that they perfom on, now if it's the best they'll say whatever they are sponsored by is the best but there are many different set-ups that the pro's use and all the top of the line ones should work equally well

Kilabanshee
10-20-2005, 03:40 PM
Yeah Natalie will be running Elka and Roll. I'll be going up to East Coast Atv this weekend talking to Dave Gibson. I'll check to see if any of his 06 quads are in the back. I think the front end that Byrd is running is sick! Walsh a-arms with the new axis shocks. I think the new axis shocks will handel far better then then any other shock on the market.

WORCSYFZ199
10-20-2005, 05:46 PM
until the new Elkas come out of course!
;)

d kelley
10-20-2005, 06:42 PM
400grl, you are absolutely, 100% correct on this one. they use and support who ever is sponsoring them, its called BEING SPONSORED. Whoever gives them the best deal is what they ride. What races they race, what classes they race, what parts on the bike so on and so on.

WORCSYFZ199
10-20-2005, 06:49 PM
yeah that is true but also look at how many pros use what bran because obviously at their caliber they can get any set-up they want so what they choose has to perfom well too

WORCSYFZ199
10-20-2005, 06:50 PM
o yeah d kelly too bad you couldn't make WORCS I was lucky to go with my friend and now I'm leading points in Open A and 6 points down from being 3rd in Pro-Am points so I need to do good Mesquite!

woodside83
10-22-2005, 08:09 AM
WILL him and tim farr share a big rig this year or maybe jonh, tim, and byrd will share a rig next year

Jake250ex
10-25-2005, 08:00 PM
saw him out at the ironman the other day, was in 2nd for a long time and lead for a bit :eek:

pat brown was alos there bit didnt do well at all

kyex40047
10-26-2005, 08:54 PM
If you think about it, Natalie already got the name out there for fox. Plus Rico told me that Roll was paying him 50g a year to run thier stuff. If someone pays me that kind of money I will say and run what ever they want me too.
Like 400grl said look at what A class riders are running. You will see alot of different set there, but you have to remember that alot of those a class riders are getting big discounts on parts as well.

Jake250ex
10-27-2005, 01:57 PM
Plus Rico told me that Roll was paying him 50g a year to run thier stuff.

there is no way their paying him that much! Factory Yamaha rider Bill Ballance just broke the 100k a year mark and thats for a full factory ride, not just a pair of shocks. You may be right, but that's incredible if you are! :eek:

trx400exxracer
10-27-2005, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Jake250ex
there is no way their paying him that much! Factory Yamaha rider Bill Ballance just broke the 100k a year mark and thats for a full factory ride, not just a pair of shocks. You may be right, but that's incredible if you are! :eek:

Yeah but he is the first ever gncc totaly factory sponsored rider on a quad

quadjeff
10-27-2005, 05:34 PM
It is offical.. John is riding elka, roll. he was paid by elka $100K to do it. Good for John. The only catch is elka is the only one who can work on his shocks... That will suck. They can build the shocks but have no idea how to set them up.. I am sure they will figure it out... The IMS, Elka, roll team will be as followed:

John GNC
Yok GNCC
Chislock BITID
and a few more...

FHKracingZ
10-29-2005, 07:55 PM
Elka setup Dougs and JJ's shocks at GNC and they have good luck with them. Noleen does the a-arms and Elka does the shocks, seems to work really good. for doug and JJ. Elka dosnt have valving problems at all, they just do so many shocks there sometimes off , if PEP or axis did as many shocks as elka they would be a little off to. If elka takes there time like PEP or axis they would be just as good if not better. Johns setup will be dialed in perfect , dont worry it wont effect his riding.

z03n05
10-29-2005, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
Elka setup Dougs and JJ's shocks at GNC and they have good luck with them. Noleen does the a-arms and Elka does the shocks, seems to work really good. for doug and JJ. Elka dosnt have valving problems at all, they just do so many shocks there sometimes off , if PEP or axis did as many shocks as elka they would be a little off to. If elka takes there time like PEP or axis they would be just as good if not better. Johns setup will be dialed in perfect , dont worry it wont effect his riding.

Walsh does their a-arms and swingarms and noleen tunes their shocks.