PDA

View Full Version : cornering

raptorrider314
10-19-2005, 10:26 PM
Does anyone have any good tips on cornering and whippin it around teh burn? i have a little trouble soemtimes on my raptor keepin it on all four wheels. it tends to be a lil bit tipsy

duke416ex
10-20-2005, 07:54 AM
Raptors tippically are tipsy b'c they are so tall and narrow. As far as tips, lean off the quad the opposite way and dump the clutch, not on the rev limiter, but enough to get it spinning. I would say the best place to practice at first would be wet grass cause it wil give you the most slip. Then work into it on the track. It might also help you to slide into the curve by locking the back brake.

bigvforcer
10-20-2005, 08:24 AM
Make your raptor wider and hang off the side a bunch more and you should be okay. I always go into the corner a gear high and then downshift and power out!

This is probably not the way everyone else does it but it works for me!

10-25-2005, 12:12 PM
wen im going on a berm i lean the oppesit way that u would on a flat corner cuz it gives me more tracktion n i can stear better. some times my quad starts tippin on the berm cuz im getting so much tracktion.

i tried to take aberm leaning the way u do on flat ground n i could bearly get tracktion in front n it wanted to go over the berm. one time i anded up going over 3rd gear n hittin a tree.

XCRACER26
10-27-2005, 08:52 PM
Ditch the raptor and get a yfz or 450r that would help greatly. Or lean as far as you can to the inside. Like tim farr or something.

Jake250ex
10-27-2005, 09:28 PM
have it in a high gear where your lugging it a bit, lean forward a little and to the opposite side a lot then rev it and dump the clutch and countersteer. Sounds confusing but once you do this they feel very comfortable and controlable.

raptorrider314
10-27-2005, 09:47 PM
ya i really do want a 450 but i aint quite got teh money yet. im workin on it but cant seem to find one in my price range.