PDA

View Full Version : burning dvd

Pappy
10-19-2005, 10:09 PM
made a video...lol

now i cant get it saved to a disc. im using a dvd-r and i have no clue what im doing!

anyone have some tips? im thinking i need dvd-rw discs, but not sure:(

300exOH
10-19-2005, 10:13 PM
I'm guessing all you would need is a blank dvd-rw disk and the software that came with the burner should take care of the rest. I haven't used one myself though but if a few of my friends can do it I'm sure it isn't too difficult.

10-19-2005, 10:20 PM
the dvd-r is the right one..the rw isn't needed

download dvd shrink and dvd decrypter and those will work. they are both free just google them

MOFO
10-20-2005, 04:06 AM
stupid question - do you have a dvd burner?

BTW, I guess you got the card installed. :D

Pappy
10-20-2005, 09:02 AM
oh im such a computer NON geek:mad:

installed the firewire port with no problems. edited the video and it looks great. come to find out this new computer did not come with a dvd burner like we had ordered:grr:

installed on my personal computer now so im back to square one

300exOH
10-20-2005, 09:28 AM
That does make it kind of difficult to burn a dvd.:ermm: Just out of curiosity here did you order the pc from?

Pappy
10-20-2005, 09:32 AM
from the bong hitters at dell.

they had the order screwed up from the get go, we actually recieved a pc that was supposed to be for a business in NY ...what a mess they are:macho

300exOH
10-20-2005, 09:37 AM
I'm not surprised it's from dell. I have had good luck ordering from them but getting tech support or ordering parts has been a nightmare. I haven't found one person there who speaks english.

ballisticpb
10-20-2005, 10:55 AM
dvd burners are so cheap these days and they are one of the easiest piece of hardware to install open the side of your case.. unscrew cdrom unplug ribon and power slide out slide new one in place and plug ribbon and power back in and you are done

great dvd-rw for a great price (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827136061)

10-20-2005, 11:35 AM
i would ordered a custom pc off ebay

Thombuoy
10-20-2005, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
from the bong hitters at dell.

they had the order screwed up from the get go, we actually recieved a pc that was supposed to be for a business in NY ...what a mess they are:macho

I think Dell is pretty good for the most part. Any big business can have someone who screws up the order. Sorry yours got messed up, but Dell's been fine for me so far.

FasstMidnightZ
10-20-2005, 02:13 PM
I personally think Dell sucks. Ive never had a problem with my HP. ballisticpb : it isnt quite as easy as that, Allmost but not quite, If you have a cd burner/rom, then put in a dvd burner with the old cd burner you have to switch your jumpers. Put the main cd/dvd burner your going to be using to Master and the other to secondary. And, if it comes wth a sound cable you got to hook that up to the mobo. Then the power cable. :)

MOFO
10-20-2005, 02:23 PM
Pappy, let me know... I can help ya out. ;)

10-20-2005, 02:25 PM
mixmastermike is right. a dvd-r will work just fine all a dvd-rw will do is slow down ur burn time by about half the speed the -r will burn.:rolleyes:

MOFO
10-20-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by clutch
mixmastermike is right. a dvd-r will work just fine all a dvd-rw will do is slow down ur burn time by about half the speed the -r will burn.:rolleyes:

Ummm, the problem has already been discovered. Its not his media.

ballisticpb
10-20-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by bomb_squad
I personally think Dell sucks. Ive never had a problem with my HP. ballisticpb : it isnt quite as easy as that, Allmost but not quite, If you have a cd burner/rom, then put in a dvd burner with the old cd burner you have to switch your jumpers. Put the main cd/dvd burner your going to be using to Master and the other to secondary. And, if it comes wth a sound cable you got to hook that up to the mobo. Then the power cable. :)

true but 80% of the dells i work on have room for one optical bay without really jamming up space in the system. you want it to run every thing with the least amount of space taken up... why leave in the ROM or cdrw if the DVD-RW will accomplish all the tasks of burning a cd, dvd, or reading every disk made.. kill two birds with one stone... try not to over load the systems power supply and have that chance (slight but still there) of overheating a small under ventilated case that dell makes