PDA

View Full Version : "IronBoss" @ Tomahawk Nov 20th

MooseRacing
10-19-2005, 09:24 PM
The IronBoss tag team race at Tomahawk is coming up Nov 20th.

More Details soon.

Let it be known the Borich team is undefeated in this event!

ex kid
10-20-2005, 09:54 AM
awsome

fastrider450r
10-21-2005, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by ex kid
awsome
ill be ur partner ex kid

ex kid
10-21-2005, 04:12 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by fastrider450r
ill be ur partner ex kid [/QUOT

well see about that

Derno24
10-21-2005, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by ex kid
[QUOTE]Originally posted by fastrider450r
ill be ur partner ex kid [/QUOT

well see about that

I thought you told me we were teaming up. Already cheating on me are ya?

fastrider450r
10-22-2005, 07:19 AM
whats goin on joe

MooseRacing
10-28-2005, 09:08 AM
Tomahawk MX and IRONBOSS
Present the Fall 2005 IRONBOSS Endurance Race
2 Person/2 bike Teams – 3 Hour Race
November 20, 2005
Tomahawk MX
Hedgesville, WV
www.tomahawkmx.com
phone: 304-582-8185

Payback based on Entries
$$$$ to win Bike class + Killer Trophies & awards
$$$$ to win Quad class + Killer Trophies & awards
Race consists of both MX and Cross Country

Rules and Regulations
Gate Fee: $10.00
Race Fee: $30.00 each person
Gates open: 7:00AM
Bikes Race: 10:00 AM
Quads Race: 2:00 PM
1. 2 person team, 2 bikes
2. 125cc or larger
3. Three hour race
4. Riders must switch every lap
5. Can use partners bike if there
is major mechanical trouble with initial bike
6. $30 each team member
7. NO 2 A Riders as a Team
Team must be A-B, A-C, B-C, B-B, C-C

WWW.IRONBOSS.COM
Loud *** Rock N Roll

For info and directions go to:

WWW.TomahawkMX.COM

MooseRacing
10-28-2005, 09:15 AM
Just a heads up:

Prepare to go faster than before with more MX and more open woods......maybe even a jump or two in the woods!!!!

There will still be some tight stuff but not as much as before and not quite as tight.

The MX racers out there who have been hesitant to run this race will have a good chance!!!!!!!!

cletusEX
10-30-2005, 10:29 AM
Just wondering if you can run 1 quad. My brothers quad is going to be torn down so I didn't know if we could race with just my quad. Still switching every lap but using the same quad.

MooseRacing
10-31-2005, 08:37 AM
Yes, you can use 1 quad. You may want to find a spare just in case!!!

MooseRacing
11-08-2005, 10:39 PM
Tag team endurance race at Tomahawk MX Park www.tomahawkmx.com in Hedgesville, WV Nov 20th.

Please see attached flyer!!!!!!!

This race will combine many disciplines including a lot of Motocross, tight Arenacross, and GNCC type racing…..a fast Motocross racer should do excellent!! This will be challenging to all skill levels and everyone is on an equal playing field. No classes…..everyone is racing for the overall with teams consisting of 2 riders in combinations of “A” “B” and “C” riders….the only thing not allowed is 2 “A” or Pro riders combined as a team. All “A” or Pro riders must be teamed with either a “B” rider or a “C” rider.

3 Hours and riders switch partners every lap, each partner has their own bike. Lap times should be around 9 minutes.

Cash and prizes awarded for the top finishers, with custom trophies made by the IronBoss himself Chris Rhoten, former Pro MX racer, and leader of the infamous band Ironboss and my partner in this endeavor. You may have heard their music featured on The Great Outdoors 2 DVD. Check them out at www.ironboss.com.

fasterthanyouex
11-10-2005, 04:19 PM
can you ironman it i cant find any1 to race...also do you have to be 16 to race a 400ex..i couldnt find out if they had the rule

MooseRacing
11-10-2005, 07:24 PM
Must be a 2 person TEAM......This is a TEAM race!

Must be 16 or older.

wanta450
11-15-2005, 01:34 PM
can we get some rules posted such as can you work on the bike when it is in and the other partner is out and can you put feul in it then

wanta450
11-17-2005, 06:11 PM
thanks for all the help:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :(

cletusEX
11-17-2005, 06:20 PM
I'm sure your allowed to work on your bike when your partner is out but remember your only gonna have like 9-10 minutes before you will have to switch. As far as fuel it most likely isn't a problem for you to refuel. Actually you might not have to refuel at all, your only really riding for 1 1/2 hours. Anyways I am hoping to make it, all I need is a partner. I might even drag my brother out there on the deer hauler (suzuki king quad), since his bike is not running.

RaptorRacer45
11-17-2005, 06:25 PM
I know who im pullin for in this 1......from the results back in April im sayin Top 5 on Sunday:D

Pappy
11-17-2005, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by cletusEX
Anyways I am hoping to make it, all I need is a partner. I might even drag my brother out there on the deer hauler (suzuki king quad), since his bike is not running.

im working on one heck of a partner for you, i will know for certain tommarow.

i almost had a pro rider for ya but he has a race saturday night in jersey
:(

fastrider450r
11-17-2005, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

Pappy want to be my partner??

cletusEX
11-17-2005, 08:05 PM

Sounds good man, I have the quad all ready!

Pappy
11-18-2005, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by fastrider450r
Pappy want to be my partner??

id love to race this event, although the woods section probably wont be worth a hoot.

my shoulder has been giving me fits and holding a cup of hot choclate causes problems so i know a few hours racing would kill me:p

fastrider450r
11-18-2005, 06:21 AM
id love to race this event, although the woods section probably wont be worth a hoot.

my shoulder has been giving me fits and holding a cup of hot choclate causes problems so i know a few hours racing would kill me:p

hopefully ill be there so get some good pics of me. red honda 450r with updog graphics:devil:

jlhughes750
11-18-2005, 09:09 AM
I'm on the fence, only thing i got together right now is the stock 400ex.........we'll see??? Plus i'm not sure i have a partner anymore???

I wouldn't want to show up and race an EX after racing my YFZ for 2 years!! that would just aggrevate me????

dopeyferree
11-21-2005, 08:03 AM
How did the Team Race go?, I had to work so couldnt make it, How was the turn out?

400exvet
11-21-2005, 09:11 AM
Ironboss Race Results - November 20, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bikes

PLACE TEAM Fastest Lap Time
1 Morrisey/Gochenour 12:17
2 Luhn/Akers
3 Bankert/Green
4 Boryk/Ursic
5 Rhoten/Webber
6 Thompson/Wenzel
7 Wastler/Wastler
8 Hooper/Langram
9 Cosner/Jones
10 Henry/Eberhart
11 Swager/Stevens
12 Call/Azadi
13 Glasgow/Perkins
14 Lipscomb/Durst
15 Ericson/Brohard

Quads

1 Borich/Kosmer 12:23
2 Hertz/Kramer
3 Kosmer/Lenig
4 Bishop/Neidlinger
5 Cunningham/Lagzdins
6 Hertz/Tincher
7 Kyte/Kyte
8 Eichelberger/Appleby
9 Heckman/Barrick
10 Lucas/Cunningham
11 Miller/Shaffer
12 Rhodes/Collins
13 Roach/Heff
14 Bloser/Brechbill
15 Vougioukles
16 Hill/Brabshaw
17 Briley/Vandvander
18 Messina/Wright
19 Drakeford/Donovan
20 Szarenski/McQern
21 Snyder/Solter
22 Boswell/Tobin
23 Riley/Dezair
24 Mellinger/Ellis
25 Jefferson/Parker

Pappy
11-21-2005, 09:35 AM
15 bike teams to 25 quad teams.

i still wonder if the management at this track has a clue that they should be supporting quads:confused: i wont support them until they straighten up, i was sorry to not see you all there yesterday, but no support from me until they clean up their act or the place gets turned into a housing development.

TWISTED
11-21-2005, 09:42 AM
15 bike teams to 25 quad teams.

i still wonder if the management at this track has a clue that they should be supporting quads:confused: i wont support them until they straighten up, i was sorry to not see you all there yesterday, but no support from me until they clean up their act or the place gets turned into a housing development.

AMEN BROTHER!!!

wanta450
11-21-2005, 03:40 PM
congrats to team heckman barrick in 9th place good job robby being on the old 300ex:devil: :devil:

wanta450
11-21-2005, 03:41 PM
so does anyone know if there will be any coverage or pics

12gofast
11-21-2005, 05:44 PM
For those that came out...Thanks, hope you had a good time. We are looking to make some changes and have some other classes for the IronBoss next year. Expert class, Novice Class, and Plus 35 class??? We are bouncing some stuff around.

Pappy.....I think your a great dude.
But,
Gotta love that atitude...thats why there are problems with the quad crowd...a couple bad apples spoil it for everybody in the group.

How come when we put together a quad only MX event this year we could only get 50-70 entries (not even enough to cover the sanctioning fee and insurance) yet on a bike only MX event we get 560 entries?????

Pappy
11-21-2005, 05:53 PM
ok brian ,here is the deal...

my attitude went south when several of the people working the track **** on the quads and flat out told the riders they didnt want quads there!

add to that the piss poor attitude when quads are there for open practice, then the COMPLETE removal of quads from weekend practice, to finally the allowance of 15 minutes an hour for practice on the weekends for quads. (or is that back to NO quads on open weekends ?)

ive been to several races at that track, and unless its a combined event there is no way 560 bikes were there...period.(MDRA series was the only 2 races TMX drew more then 100 bikes) on average the turn out is low at all thier events simply because you dont get repeat business!

and the only reason you only got 50 to 70 quads was because chad will spend no money to promote quad races, he left that up to people posting about it....which has now come to a slow crawl.not too mention the number of rqaces that get cancelled and geuss what..people loose interest when that happens several times.

bad apple? i can surely add more to this if you think thats what i am. the bad apples help run that facility....and they happen to dislike quads.

TWISTED
11-21-2005, 06:09 PM
ok brian ,here is the deal...

my attitude went south when several of the people working the track **** on the quads and flat out told the riders they didnt want quads there!

add to that the piss poor attitude when quads are there for open practice, then the COMPLETE removal of quads from weekend practice, to finally the allowance of 15 minutes an hour for practice on the weekends for quads. (or is that back to NO quads on open weekends ?)

ive been to several races at that track, and unless its a combined event there is no way 560 bikes were there...period. on average the turn out is low at all thier events simply because you dont get repeat business!

and the only reason you only got 50 to 70 quads was because chad will spend no money to promote quad races, he left that up to people posting about it....which has now come to a slow crawl.not too mention the number of rqaces that get cancelled and geuss what..people loose interest when that happens several times.

bad apple? i can surely add more to this if you think thats what i am. the bad apples help run that facility....and they happen to dislike quads.

I've learned over the years that the truth hurts, and right now, somebody's *** is in some TERRIBLE pain!!!! Tell em Pappy, we got your back!!!!

Pappy
11-21-2005, 06:12 PM
and here is something else for you to chew on....

you want another race promoted on this site at that track, pm me and i will calculate an amount that TMX will be charged for the promotion

KH426
11-21-2005, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by 12gofast
For those that came out...Thanks, hope you had a good time. We are looking to make some changes and have some other classes for the IronBoss next year. Expert class, Novice Class, and Plus 35 class??? We are bouncing some stuff around.

Pappy.....I think your a great dude.
But,
Gotta love that atitude...thats why there are problems with the quad crowd...a couple bad apples spoil it for everybody in the group.

How come when we put together a quad only MX event this year we could only get 50-70 entries (not even enough to cover the sanctioning fee and insurance) yet on a bike only MX event we get 560 entries?????

I hope some of your changes are more than five minutes warning from the riders meeting to the start of the race. As far as 560 bike riders for a MDRA event NOT a TMX event. Lets compare sundays race 15 bike teams to 25 quad team.

TWISTED
11-21-2005, 07:31 PM
Sounds like a bunch of dirt bike DIX to me!!!!

kos462
11-21-2005, 07:37 PM
I wanna thank everybody for putting that race on yesterday. the track was ausome, it had a bit of everything, from fast straightaways to tight rocky sections to motor cross. it was perfect. me and tyler worked are way up to 3rd place after a flat tire set us back in the beginning.

the trophies were somthen different, and i liked the bag us stuff we also recived. thats somthen u dont get at any other race.

and not to pick sides but it was nice that there was a nother site there to do a race report and take pics, because i think when it comes down to it a race is a race no matter who u have a grudge with u should be there doing the pics and the reports for the people that are members of this site.

And as long as they keep having this race ill be there every year

D-7#61-450r
11-21-2005, 07:48 PM
Man it has gotten rough in hear. I had made some post a year ago about Tomahawk and a few agreed and some disagreed with me. This year I have seen those on the other side feel our pain. There have been some great times at TMX and I do seem to do fairly well at the track. But when the same issue's keep repeating themselves and new one's emerge people get unhappy.
Take for instance the first Quad only day. A class was given the same baseball card plaques as the other classes, not cash as usuall. The issue was corrected later. Tell an A bike rider no cash and see what happens. Oh yeah baseball card plaques nice touch. Last year very nice plaques, I have a few.
Basicly if you have several bad experience's anywhere you will tend to never go back unless things change in a great way. I hope they do for TMX, because I have had some good times there.

Pappy
11-21-2005, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by kos462
i think when it comes down to it a race is a race no matter who u have a grudge with u should be there doing the pics and the reports for the people that are members of this site.

noone...repeat NOONE has supported TMX events more then i have(except my brother). if not posting the events or garnering support for them wether it be a race or open practice, i have always been there. i have even spent my own money running my equipment there to help prep the track.

and as far as "should" be there:confused: last time i checked i did this out of the love of the sport not because i "should" do it:p

sometimes taking a stand leaves you out on a limb, but my tree has big roots so im not concerned;)

12gofast
11-21-2005, 11:06 PM
Just the Top 5's from 1 MDRA Bike only event at TMX....564 entries that day....facts are facts

We are done...you can delete me from this site.

No worries

Results
VET (PLUS 30) A: 1. Jon Bowlin (Yam); 2. Jeffrey Yentzer ((Hon); 3. Edgar Davis, Jr. (Hon); 4. Chris O’Hara (Hon); 5. Brian Sullivan (Yam)
VET (PLUS 30) B: 1. Jason Hooper (Hon); 2. Wayne Thompson (Hon); 3. Jim Dobbs (Suz); 4. Mike Wylie (Hon); 5. Glen Murphy (Suz)
125C: 1. David Johnson (Hon); 2. Brad Presgraves (Yam); 3. Luke Richards (Suz); 4. Mike Tyler (Yam); 5. Scott Keller (UNK)
125C DIV 2: 1, Adam Layman (Yam); 2. Timothy Jacobs (Kaw); 3 Brian Domschke (Yam); 4. John Reese (Hon); 5. Lucas Guilday (Yam)
JUNIOR MINI (9-13) l 1. David Hughes (Suz); 2. Steven Good (Suz); 3. David Wingate (Kaw); 4. Tyler Newberry (Hon); 5. Jacob Diana (Yam)
SUPERMIINI (12-15): 1. Britton Stewart (Suz); 2. Joshua Fisher (Suz); 3. Billy Windsor (Kaw); 4. Shane Masta (Suz); 5.Seth Kimble (Suz)
125A: 1. Willy Toth, Jr. (Suz); 2. Kevin Brodsky, Jr. (Suz); 3. Jeff Yentzer (Hon); 4. Eric Myers (Kaw); 5. Benjamin Bixler (Hon)
125B: 1. Justin Ellis (Yam); 2. Ryan Mould (Hon); 3. Garland Helsley Jr (Kaw); 4. James Thompson (Hon); 5. Michael Kailer (Kaw)
VET (PLUS 30) C: 1. Shawn Suski (Hon); 2. Keith Caldwell (Hon); 3. Eugene Bork (Hon); 4. William Beezel (Hon); 5 Christopher Murray (Yam)
SCHOOLBOY: 1. David Johnson (Hon); 2. Brad Presgraves (Yam); 3. James Thompson (Hon); 4. Timothy Jacobs Jr (Kaw); 5. Ryan Shifflet (Kaw)
COLLEGE BOY: 1. Michael B. Krabal (Hon); 2. Benjamin J. Bixler (Hon); 3. Shane D. Krabal (Yam); 4. Michael McCubbin (Yam); 5. Justin Ellis (Yam)
60 (7-11) A: 1. Kelly Snider (Suz); 2. Jacob A. Diana (Yam); 3. Thomas Coluzzi (KTM); 4. Nathan Randlett (Yam); 5. Tyler Murphy (Suz)
60 (7-11) B: 1.Storm E. Sheckells (KTM); 2. Gregory Sidebotham (Suz); 3. Perry Toskov (KTM); 4. Austin Cox (KTM); 5. Joshua Villarreal (Suz)
60 (7-11) C: 1. Tyler Deming (Hon); 2. Matthew Shutt (KTM); 3. Dillon Thomas (Kaw); 4. Tristan S. Kimble (COB); 5. Dylan Blettner (KTM)
250 A: 1. Willy Toth, Jr. (Suz); 2. Derrick E. Wile (Hon); 3. Kevin Brodsky, Jr. (Suz); 4. Eric Myers (Kaw); Chris Welsh
250 B: 1. Michael McCubbin (Yam); 2. Curtis Baker (Suz); 3. Daniel Woodward (Hon); 4. Joey Yagloski (Suz); 5. Zachary Guilday (Yam)
85 (12-15) A: 1. Steven Good (Suz); 2. Anthony Barbagallo (Suz)
85(12-15) B: 1. Billy Windsor (Kaw); 2. Brandon Albright (Suz); 3. Tyler S. Newberry (Hon); 4. Seth Kimble (Suz); 5. Britton Stewart (Suz) 6. Carl Hammond (Yam) (there were only six bikes in this class.)
85 (12-15) C: 1. Shane A. Masta (Suz); 2. Joshua Fisher (Suz); 3. David Wingate (Kaw); 4. Derek Miller (Suz); Brandon Richardson (Suz)
250 C: 1. Bryan Bird (Hon); 2. Justin Schmidt (KTM); 3. Preston Strickler (Hon); 4. Eugene Bork (Hon); 5. Wiley Craighead (Kaw)
FOUR STROK OPEN: 1. Willy Toth Jr (Suz); 2. Eric Myers (Kaw); 3. Jason R. Killmeyer (Yam); 4. Justin Crawford (Hon); 5. Zachary A. Camp (Yam)
WOMEN: 1. Jessica Childs (Hon); 2. Amanda Schmidt (Kaw); 3. Jesse L. Jones (Suz); 4. Emily C. Canapp (Yam); 5. Lauren Snyder (Kaw); 6. Sarah Schubel (Yam) (only six riders in this class).
50(4-6) B: 1. Dalton Blettner (KTM); 2. Cole Diana (KTM); 3. Cody R. Lawn (KTM); 4. Garrett Murray (KTM); 5. Jeffery Weakley (KTM)
50 (7-8) A: 1. Christian Pinto (KTM); 2. Tyler Webster (Kaw); 3. Tristan S. Kimble (Cob); 4. Sam D. Sheckells (KTM); 5. Jesse Pulliam (POL)
50 (7-8) B: 1. Arie A. Ammann (KTM); 2. Devin Muray (KTM); 3. Jacob Lewis (KTM); 4. Jack W. Schultz (KTM); 5. Nicholas Carruba (COB)
PLUS 25 A: 1. Jeffrey Yentzer (Hon); 2. John Bowlin (Yaw); 3. A. Scott Martin (Hon); 4. Edgar M. Davis Jr (Hon); 5. Brian Sullivan (Yam)
PLUS 25 B: 1. Joey Yagloski (Suz); 2. Calvin Brown, Jr (Hon); 3. Shawn Suski (Hon); 4. Frank Cook (Hon); 5. Car Marks (Hon)
SENIOR A: 1. Tyler Linsenbach (Hon); 2. Scott Saville (Yam); 3. Rick Wener (KTM); 4. John Wernsdorfer (Yam); 5. M Scott Killmeyer (Yam)
SENIOR B: 1. Nathan Smallwood (Yam); 2. Wayne E. Thompson (Hon); 3. Mike Wylie (Hon); 4. John Childs (Hon); 5. Garland Helsley Sr (Kaw)
85 (7-11) A: 1. Anthony Smith Jr (Hon); 2. David Hughes (Suz)
85 (7-11) B: 1. Gregory Sidebotham (Suz); 2. Daryn Thompson (Suz); 3.Thomas Coluzzi (KTM); 4. Nathan Randlett (Yam); 5. Joshua Vilarreal (Suz)
85 (7-11) C: 1. Kyle King (KTM); 2. Storm E. Sheckells (KTM); 3. Austin Cox (KTM); 4. Garrett Armiger (Kaw); 5. Perry Toskov (KTM)
50 OIL (4-8) A: 1. Nicholas Carruba (COB); 2. Donte Grim (COB)
50 OIL (4-8) B: 1. Dalton Blettner (KTM); 2. Devin Murray (KTM); 3. Ethan Bowlin (KTM); 4. Jacob Lewis (KTM); 5. Austin C. Emerson (KTM)

Pappy
11-22-2005, 04:00 AM
no need to delete you, your doing a great job of supporting MY point!

fact is TMX is pro bike period and you cant deny anything i have stated, sorry for ticking you off, but i did not expect anything less seeing this is the same attitude TMX places towards quads. bikes bikes bikes blah blah blah....

i will support those who support us...end of story

D-7#61-450r
11-22-2005, 05:05 PM
I have to agree with you Pappy. I came to practice at TMX a few times this year because of your promosions. I am more than 2 hours away and have a track that is free to ride at, but I traveled do to your support. I also drove to watch a race while I was hurt to show support. Only to hear quads get bashed again.

joedirt
11-22-2005, 07:04 PM
If they keep us an the schedule for next year I'll be there. Not a whole lot of bike guys like quads. what can you do? I really don't care as long as there is some place to race. Go out an put some fast laps in and show the bike guys we can turn the same lap times as them.

Pappy
11-22-2005, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by joedirt
Go out an put some fast laps in and show the bike guys we can turn the same lap times as them.

i think thats what started alot of the BS in the first place:p bike guys do not like to be out classed:D

trust me, noone wants tmx to be successful more then i do. its 2 minutes from my house. but if they dont allow quads, or dont treat those that ride there decently then i have no use for it. (that goes for average joe to pro rider)brian knows im correct, wether he agrees with me being outspoken or not.