PDA

View Full Version : Amateur and Pros needed for Cancer benefit race!!!!!

Lurch
06-17-2002, 06:18 PM
I am in talks with an awesome track here in North Georgia about having a 3-day fund raising weekend for the Cancer Foundation. I can't mention the track until it is finalized. I am meeting with the owners soon to handle classes, payout for pros, and general money concerns. It will be bikes and quads.

What I need to know is how many pro riders, both local and national, and ametures would be interested in attending. The target weekend is November 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Practice being Friday night, then Saturday and Sunday racing. This weekend will not conflict with any National races, quads or bikes. So, you never know who will show up.

Once the plans are finalized, I will post everything, but I need to get an idea of who will be interested. An early entry form will be posted so you can pre enter. So with that said, who would be interested??

Dana Creech!!! Feel like making another trip to Georgia?? It's for a great cause!!!!

Pappy
06-17-2002, 06:21 PM
hey, if ya get this off the ground please post the address and name of the bank handling the fund...i cant make it there but would be happy to contribute

Lurch
06-17-2002, 06:54 PM
If you can't make it, just make a donation to your local Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and/or the American Cancer Society. We will more than likely split the proceeds between these two charities.

More details to come.

bansheeguy77
06-17-2002, 06:55 PM
road trip!! lol sounds like a good plan i will try my best to make it but i doubt i could but who knows.

06-17-2002, 06:59 PM
whut part of georgia is the race gonna be in.......im intrested buy i might get my ***** handed to me.....but its all good:devil

Lurch
06-17-2002, 07:06 PM
The track I am in talks with is around the Calhoun, GA area. Withing the next three weeks they will be completely redesigning the track. If we get the details worked out and get the sponsors going I will post the track name hopefully Friday night. Don't worry about your *****. I have a wicked Mojave, but will probablely get mine handed to me as well. It's for a good cause.

250rmike
06-18-2002, 08:24 PM
i would love to be able to go but i just dont have the time and the resources we should get this out to other boards and tells the mags so they can help spread the word.

Lurch
06-18-2002, 08:34 PM
I'm meeting with the track owners Thursday to see if this is going to be possible at this track. I will not stop until I find a track to work with me on this.

GREAT NEWS!!!!
My brother got his blood test back today and there was no trace of cancer!!! The radiation treatments worked!!!!!!! Thank GOD!!

Tommy 17
06-18-2002, 09:15 PM
i wish i could show up... i am around people with cancer all the time my mom treats them for a living and its a sad sight... i run in all the relays for life and all that stuff for my moms work place... i am gonna talk to the people she works with see if they can send me and my friend down to race in it for always helpin them with all their relay for lifes... hm... its a idea... i will look into it...

user101
06-19-2002, 09:42 PM
if i can race underaged me and honda445ex can proably be there im 15 and he is too