PDA

View Full Version : Help quick please!

MX174
10-19-2005, 06:11 PM
Ok heres the deal, I traded for a 400ex and it was doing fine until today. The motor turns over with the button and all but thats all it does is turn over and doesnt hit a lick. I went to push start it and it fires right up??? I un plugged the plug wire and stuck a plug in it and it sparked about 3 times and wouldnt after that. It also seems like after I ride it for a while it will start right up. Ive checked all the connections that i can see and blew all of them out with the air hose. ANYONE PLEASE HELP.

JOEX
10-19-2005, 06:17 PM
Guessing here......

Neutral safety switch?

wilkin250r
10-19-2005, 06:18 PM
I'm thinking that maybe your battery is a little low, and doesn't turn it over as fast as it should. If it doesn't turn over fast enough, it won't spark.

However, after you've been riding, the battery is fully charged, so it turns it over fast enough to fire it.

Next time you see this problem, try jump-starting it with your car (don't worry, they're both 12V, it won't hurt nothin). If it fires right away, you might look at getting a new battery.

If that doesn't fix it, I don't know what the issue might be.

MX174
10-19-2005, 06:23 PM
Wilkin-it has a brand new battery on it (as of yesterday) and the charger is hooked up to it so if turns over to its potential.

and

JOEX-I just had someone else tell me the same thing and im gona go wire them together

MX174
10-19-2005, 06:36 PM
Just wired the neutral switch together and still get the same thing

MX174
10-19-2005, 07:20 PM
well wilkin i should have listened to you in the first place.....i thought what the heck ill try to hook it up to the truck and sure enough it had decent spark and fired right up.....hopefully walmart will take this batter back because i just bought it on monday so something has to be wrong with it.