PDA

View Full Version : Back break foot lever will not budge!!!

yellow400ex05
10-19-2005, 05:54 PM
My back break foot lever will not move at all even when I put Wd-40 on it and i t still wouldn't move i loosend the brake but had no luck whatsoever. I always use my hand brake lever for the rear break. I haven't prolly ever used the foot lever more than 100 times tops since i got it. this is starting to tick me off even though I don't ever hardly use the foot lever break I just hate the fact that something doesn't work on my quad correctly bc its always on my mind while I'm riding.

Help me out here, I need to figure out a way to loosen the brake up so I can operate it if I need to. Give me some tips or tell me of some lubricant that can help fix this problem.

Has anyone had any trouble with this happening on there 250ex?:confused:

JOEX
10-19-2005, 06:05 PM
Had it happen on my 400, toasted a brand new set of pads in less than ten minutes:mad:

Remove everything attached to it. Keep spraying it with WD-40 or any penetrating oil. Try to move it up and down.

Once you can get it to move keep spraying and moving it up and down as far as it will go. When you can get full movement start applying pressure from the inside to push it out while moving it up and down.

It may take awhile, took me 2-3 days to get mine off.:ermm:

kyleschonert
10-19-2005, 08:01 PM
its b/c they are drum brakes and they dont last that long. At least thats what went wrong with mine. Mine moves, but theres no stopping power at all.