View Full Version : whose had a broken wrist??

LT250Racer609
10-19-2005, 12:00 PM
ok well i just got my cast off yesterday from having a broken wrist...i broke 6 or the 7 bones in my wrist and the cast was on for a month and a half...its obv. really stiff from being in the cast and im not able to move it very much yet exspecially how it was in the cast...my hand was bent like 20 degress maybe and im having a hard time keeping my wrist straight...what im really wondering is how long should it take for me to almost have full normal use of it again...right now everytime i try bending it where its stiff it hurts and it really wont bend...the doctor said when i go back in 3 weeks he exspects me to have full motion of it....will the stiffness loosen up as the farther away i go from having my cast off???

Cdaleracer
10-19-2005, 12:50 PM
I was out for 6 months with my broken wrist. I shattered it though and had to have surgery. I still don't have full range of motion and have been riding since July. Just make sure you do the excercises that you are supposed to do. And make sure you stretch it.

Mxjunkie
10-19-2005, 12:53 PM
ive broken my right wrist 2 times fractured it 3 one time in 2 places times and fractured my left 2 times

you'll be allright, dont ride for awhile till your hand is allright, I couldnt even open a soda can last time I had mine on.

jwick07
10-19-2005, 01:01 PM
Never broken a wrist but i did break my arm to the tune of an 8inch long metal plate with 9 screws. And my arm was in a sling for about a month or so little longer. Black and blue from my shoulder to wrist and then just this weird greenish yellow color for a few months. I had the same problem with motion and tight muscles in my elbow. I would just straighten and hold for a minute the relax for 30secs the do it again. I did this while in school all day and while sitting on my butt at home. Worked great. The doctor told me "Don't lift anything heaiver than a pen for two months." So I asked him, "Whos going to hold it for me then when I have to piss??" He didn't think it was funny, but my dad did.

Chino
10-19-2005, 04:15 PM
Like cdaleracer says do your stretches and exercises, go to physical therapy at least one time to get an idea of what to do. I broke mine in February, I have full range of motion, except up, and I can only bend my wrist up about 35-40 degrees. It's very possible all of your motion will come back and it's also possible some of it wont. Mine still hurts if somone tries to stretch and bend it upwards where it is stiff, and it makes cool popping noises when i wake up of a morning and move it lol. hope this helped ya some.

Mxracer53
10-19-2005, 05:29 PM
i just got my cast off 2 weeks ago monday and i am riding again with my splint on and i am at full motio pretty much and can do pushups again pretty much

LT250Racer609
10-19-2005, 05:35 PM
mxracer how severe was ur break tho? i was suposed to have a operation but they felt it would heal itself over time

coolex
10-19-2005, 05:45 PM
ive fractured my wrist but have never had a cast on it but it really sux to have ur leg in a cast for 4 broken bones in your foot and then ride with the cast on and go to the doc in 4 months to get it off and have him tell you that u broke your ankle and have to wear it another 3 i ddnt ride it that second time though i smartened up a lil but after having the cast on for 6 months my foot was stiff as all hell and i had to use the crutches for at least 2 more months till i could walk on it at all it really sux not being able to do ne thing major for 9 months but the upsides r that im really good at running with cruches and doin 360s on them

but to answer ur question in 2 weeks it should be better cuz the same time i had my cast"s on my brother had a broken wrist so give it a lil time

Ghost-Rider
10-19-2005, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by jwick07
The doctor told me "Don't lift anything heaiver than a pen for two months." So I asked him, "Whos going to hold it for me then when I have to piss??" He didn't think it was funny, but my dad did.
LOL that great wow:D :blah: .....give your wrist a few weeks
mayb your gf could hold it for you all day incase of any sudden urges:devil: :eek2: :blah:

Chino
10-19-2005, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by LT250Racer609
mxracer how severe was ur break tho? i was suposed to have a operation but they felt it would heal itself over time

they told me the same thing, they also said surgery wouldnt do it any good, i had a reverse break where it broke down instead of up that's why i can't move it up well.

10-19-2005, 07:25 PM
one of my best friends broke both of his wrist at the same time. because of a bad fall while running/