PDA

View Full Version : No more for sale ads...

wilkin250r
10-19-2005, 11:37 AM
I know you're trying to get more views, I know you're trying to sell your items. But this is a technical section, reserved for questions and information specific to the 250r, and occasionally we allow pictures or projects to be posted.

We have a section dedicated to items for sale.

Pretty soon, I won't be moving threads, I'll just start deleting them.

beerock
10-20-2005, 05:49 PM
are you a mod or somethin wilky?

wilkin250r
10-20-2005, 05:55 PM
I think so. Nobody ever told me anything official, but I have the power to ban people now, so I must be a mod...:ermm:

:macho :blah: :devil:

250r4life
10-20-2005, 06:11 PM
hey wilkin, my sister and bro in law are actually moving to vegas soon, so if i go and visit, where is the best place to ride in nevada and how far are the places from vegas?

XCredrider
10-20-2005, 06:18 PM
i went to the bottom of the forum index page where it showed who was logged in and you were on there in bold red. i gues you are now... CONGRATS! :cool:

zedicus00
10-20-2005, 07:43 PM
so wilk hows about stickying one of thouse 'differences in the yrs of the R' threads and maybe the one on gearing or sumthing. or the one on the 450R front end conversion? some of us get tired of typing that up all the time, its never made it into the favorites, and its about impossible to just find good info by searching on here.

JTRtrx250r
10-20-2005, 08:11 PM
I didn't see anything wrong w/ it, well parts anyway ..but wtf ever, no biggie

It did narrow things down a bit for buying/trading/selling instead of weaving thru all the other Honda bs in the classified section, but lets be all politically correct about it instead...

BLACKeR
10-21-2005, 05:33 AM
i kinda liked it too, i hardly look in the main for sale section, too much other stuff...

Tom TRX250R
10-21-2005, 08:44 AM
I agree with Jeremy and Blacker, I liked having 250R parts listed in here so it eliminates the problem of searching through all of the other quad parts. Just my 2 cents though.

wilkin250r
10-21-2005, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by zedicus00
so wilk hows about stickying one of thouse 'differences in the yrs of the R' threads and maybe the one on gearing or sumthing. or the one on the 450R front end conversion? some of us get tired of typing that up all the time, its never made it into the favorites, and its about impossible to just find good info by searching on here.

Gearing or conversions aren't quite popular enough, but a "differences in the years" thread might be good.

I tell you what. You guys find the best one, and I'll sticky it.

wilkin250r
10-21-2005, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Tom TRX250R
I agree with Jeremy and Blacker, I liked having 250R parts listed in here so it eliminates the problem of searching through all of the other quad parts. Just my 2 cents though.

What's the difference between search through all other quad parts, and searching through other technical threads? In either situation, you're picking through threads that don't have what you want.

The whole point of a classifieds section is to place all for sale items in the same place, so people don't have to go searching through multiple forums.

I realize that, if you're selling items, it is advantageous to post them as many places as possible, to get maximum exposure. But if it's maximum exposure you want, then go with ebay. We're not an Ad Agency, we are a technical message board.

baseballplaya23
10-21-2005, 10:16 AM
I agree with Jer and Blacker too. its just easier when they are in here becuase we dont have to search thru pages of ads for stuff that doesnt fit our bikes. everything that was posted in here we know fits what we ride. and we dont get enough posts in here every day to make you have to go thru pages to get to a post you want to read. everything new is always on the first page.

AtvMxRider
10-21-2005, 03:41 PM
Talk about being lazy:rolleyes:

beerock
10-21-2005, 05:32 PM
ya i felt the same way too, selling R stuff is cool in here i feel, i mean i rarely check the forsale section.

xlr810
10-21-2005, 08:34 PM
I'll admit it. I am lazy.

Alot more chance I'd buy a part that is posted in this section than the for sale section.

1- I read these threads more often and more thoroughly

2- Familiarity with the individuals who post in this section

If it came to the point that for sale and wanted threads overtook the technical ones, then I'd be in agreement with Willken.

beerock
10-22-2005, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by xlr810
I'll admit it. I am lazy.

Alot more chance I'd buy a part that is posted in this section than the for sale section.

1- I read these threads more often and more thoroughly

2- Familiarity with the individuals who post in this section

If it came to the point that for sale and wanted threads overtook the technical ones, then I'd be in agreement with Willken.

yea heeey faaawk you i duuunnooo you maaaaang i wouldnt sell a piece of rabiits aaarse if i coudl sell it on heeeere, to helel wit hte fact that I DO know you man faaaawk that theory

by the way i got a walsh frame for sale anyone know a buyer lol

MR.BIG
10-22-2005, 06:28 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by beerock
[B]yea heeey faaawk you i duuunnooo you maaaaang i wouldnt sell a piece of rabiits aaarse if i coudl sell it on heeeere, to helel wit hte fact that I DO know you man faaaawk that theory

What the hell is that ebonics?? I agree with rest about selling items in here what's the big deal? Just my 2 cents!

rebelbanshee
10-22-2005, 09:03 AM
There arnt very many posts a day in the R forum so everything 250r is easily displayed in one place...No sifting through ads for other bikes.

BTW I think a mod needs to move this thread to General Discusion, this section is for technical 250R discussion ONLY!

beerock
10-22-2005, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by MR.BIG
[QUOTE]Originally posted by beerock
[B]yea heeey faaawk you i duuunnooo you maaaaang i wouldnt sell a piece of rabiits aaarse if i coudl sell it on heeeere, to helel wit hte fact that I DO know you man faaaawk that theory

What the hell is that ebonics?? I agree with rest about selling items in here what's the big deal? Just my 2 cents!

i was drunk last night lol

QuadJunkies
10-22-2005, 10:58 AM
Sorting threw the hads should now be easier...

Have ya'll notice Harlen has divided that up now??? Theres a place just fron Honda,Polaris ect.... ;)