PDA

View Full Version : WORCS @ Goldendale race coverage

daddio
10-19-2005, 06:43 AM
Where is the race coverage? Didn't anybody go? This was the biggest turnout for Quads yet!

here is a link to Off-roads coverage..............
http://www.off-road.com/atv/race/2005worcs/goldendale/index.htm

400grl
10-19-2005, 11:11 AM
That's OK - we don't have any coverage up of the ITP Quadcross race that was in AZ this past round - and it was the largest ITP race EVER! I think there just wasn't anyone available for that WA race to cover it.....I know they were asking around.......not sure what happened to the ITP coverage.......

WORCSYFZ199
10-19-2005, 07:01 PM
I made the trip up there, but just to race I don't do coverage I'm too busy worrying about points, I'm trying to get the Open A championship and I'm now in the lead for now and not too far behind 3rd and 4th in Points for Pro-Am.

daddio
10-20-2005, 07:13 AM
worksyfz199........... You made quite an impression on my kid. Reed #191. He talked about the tips you gave him all the way home.

WORCSYFZ199
10-20-2005, 02:59 PM
o thanks, yeah Reed is cool, he also has good speed, like in both the Open A and Pro-Am races he'd take off with a good start and run up front but usually a couple laps later I'll get by him and keep charging hard all the way to the finish, I like to go faster as the race goes on but I get bad starts so I gotta learn how to run up front early and he needs to learn how to hold his pace the whole race, but yeah I had fun

daddio
10-20-2005, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the input.......... In the Pro-am race, Reed had to stop and puke a couple times........... He caught the flu. But you're right. He is more of a motocrosser and good for 5-10 laps on a mx course. He needs to pace himself on the x-country stuff.

WORCSYFZ199
10-20-2005, 05:42 PM
yeah I'm just the opposite, I think I hold back too much in the beginning and the leaders lose me but my endurance and conservation gets me good finishes but not usually podiums, I need to get a more motocross kind of start, yeah in the Pro-AM my swingarm Pivot Bolt came off and I had to ride the last 2 laps very slow to keep the quad together and I actually was about to lap Reed and me and him rode a pretty close last lap for fun, yeah so what did he say about me?

QuadJunkies
10-21-2005, 12:34 AM
I wish I could have gone.. I would have done the Coverage! :blah:

Cross your fingers Ill get to do coverage the whole series in 2006 ,Its all about money,new quad and a new Camera first :ermm:

So what was the tally on riders for Goldendale anyhow??

daddio
10-21-2005, 09:59 AM
Zach....... Reed just said you were a cool guy to hang out with, and he wished he would've felt better, so he could actually try to hang with you on the track.
I think it's great he making friends at the track, and not just hangin' with the same old group. That's the best part about the WORCS races.

WORCSYFZ199
10-21-2005, 03:51 PM
That's cool, yeah he definitley has the speed to run with me if he builds up his endurance a little, yeah that's why I like the WORCS races too because you meet some really nice people

d kelley
10-24-2005, 08:36 PM
Zack. I hope I can keep up with you someday too, It is fun to watch you race. Could you give my son Dave some tips too, we know you more than that guy Reed from Washington. HA HA. Bud. We rode the Mesquite track last weekend for practice and it is really *****'n. Really fast with an uphill like Payette, lots of tabletops and a couple of doubles. PS. Are you guys building a track in B.C. NV.? See you guys in Mesquite and say Hi to your folks for us.

WORCSYFZ199
10-26-2005, 09:53 PM
O sweet yeah I was wondering how the Mesquite track is, if you go again give me a call, I need all the practice I can get, I guess I could give you tips on some stuff if you have any questions just hit me up, I need to do some serious butt kicking at Mesquite though! I'm Open A points Leader and 5th in Pro-Am points and out of the Top 3 by 6 points so I need to do good in both race and get the Open A championship and the Pro-AM podium, that would make my year!

d kelley
10-29-2005, 09:39 PM
Hey worcs199, Just got back from mesquite again today and didnt check any posts 'till just now. You have really kicked *** this year dude. You should really be proud when you finish with a national amatuer class championship. the track today was really awesome. Josh Frederick was riding today and was so fast it was sick. I mean he was clearing every double on the track and even the triple whem he wanted to. There are some funny kickers off some of the jumps and a kinda weird off camber right turn but it is going to be a fun track. we will be out there Thursday about noon, let me know if you want us to save you a spot. good luck and we hope you get your Championship!