PDA

View Full Version : axles

phatswinn
06-17-2002, 04:38 PM
whats the best axle? is dura blue any good or do they snap under pressure like ive seen? also what are the best a-arms for
+2+1

bansheeguy77
06-17-2002, 05:53 PM
no never get a durablue almost every axle u see bent or snapped is a durablue. get a lonestar that has a true lifetime warranty. quadshop has them for 299 i belive. and for arms i would go with laeger or walsh. houser makes nice stuff cheap though to.

300EX
06-17-2002, 10:13 PM
What about a Durablue heavy duty axle? Not for huge jumps.

phatswinn
06-18-2002, 09:30 AM
well i know im gunna go with lsr axle and probably the houser a-arms along with works shocks all the way around.. when i get the money

Ex_Rider43
06-18-2002, 05:17 PM
LOL check it out its on dirt-deals.com

Dura Blue Heavy Duty Axle
Price: $234.95
SKU:
Description:
Heavy Duty Axle This axle is a recreational level axle that is twice the strength of the stock axle. It's a cost effective choice when reliability is a prime conern. A DuraBlue Heavy Duty Axle is recommended for non-jumping type riding. It is zinc finish

RECOMENDED FOR NON-JUMPING RIDING!!!

Guy400
06-18-2002, 07:27 PM
Refer to the other axle post.

Spend the money and get the best, RPM Dominator.

300EX
06-19-2002, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by ex_rider52
LOL check it out its on dirt-deals.com

Description:
Heavy Duty Axle This axle is a recreational level axle that is twice the strength of the stock axle. It's a cost effective choice when reliability is a prime conern. A DuraBlue Heavy Duty Axle is recommended for non-jumping type riding. It is zinc finish

RECOMENDED FOR NON-JUMPING RIDING!!!

But if it is twice the strength then why is it not rcommended for jumping stuff?:confused:

tprender
06-20-2002, 02:51 PM
Durablue is a company that if they don't change there wants will be out of busniss if the word get out. The stock 400 axle is stronger than the durablue axle. I just had one brake on me just putting on the axle nut. It was brand new(free) and I was putting on the nut with my impact driver and the end fell off. I then went riding with the replacement ($40 in shipping both ways) and it is bent from hitting trees.
The Durablue is stonger than a Yamaha but not the stock Honda axle. They are a company from the 80's and there quaily is not very good just like DG. If there axle were as good as they say, then why do they charge $150 if it has a lifetime guarrate? The other companies will just replace it.

Zero Z400
06-20-2002, 04:32 PM
Everybody says the RPM is the best. I was wondering if it is adjustable like the LSR. I ride alot of trails and don't want to be to wide for them. And who has the cheapest prices on both of them?

Later

Guy400
06-20-2002, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Zero Z400
Everybody says the RPM is the best. I was wondering if it isadjustable like the LSR. I ride alot of trails and don't want to be to wide for them. And who ha the cheapest prices on both of them?

Later It is adjustable just like the LSR. There are varying collar lengths that come with the axle so you can widen as you see fit. I can't say anything bad about the LSR axle I had for my Raptor but the RPM I've got on my LT is simply top notch.

Guy400
06-21-2002, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by quad_freak14
Durablue makes an axle with a lifetime warranty!! Dont they? Yes, and no. They call it a lifetime warranty but that's sort of shady. The warranty gives you one free replacement and everyone after that Durablue charges you for ($150-$175) the replacements. I don't know about you but charging my $175 to replace my warrantied axle is BS. Lonestar and RPM both offer a true lifetime warranty. You break it, they replace it for free no matter how many times you send it back.

300EX
06-21-2002, 02:10 PM
:huh so is it weak or what? is going to bend if i jump it say, 3 feet?On the warranty card it says if it bends more then .187 or less then they will just unbend it if more then 175 for new one. So is it going to hold up or not?

Zero Z400
06-21-2002, 02:25 PM
The durabreak bend and break.

Guylt250r: Is the RPM adjustble from +2-+4? I went on their site and it said nothing.

Later

Guy400
06-21-2002, 03:21 PM
Yes, the RPM is at +2 at it's narrowest setting. With the 2 different sized collars they give you you can go to +3 or +4. I'm running +4 on my LT right now and with the shallower backspacing of the EX rims I run my total width is at 50-1/2"!!

honda250xrider
06-21-2002, 03:26 PM
rpm is a good axle