PDA

View Full Version : pioneer headunit

Butters
10-18-2005, 09:49 PM
ok i have been looking into headunits and need some help. i don't want to spend a whole lot, but i want something with those little screensavers and stuff. i was looking at this one, http://www.shopharmony.com/product.asp?file=BizRate&i=PIODEHP6700&sku=DEHP6700

it will cost me like 168 with shipping so thats pretty cheap. is there anything out there cheaper than this with those features and quality?? any help is great.

MAaudioX10
10-18-2005, 10:28 PM
The only way you will find anything cheaper with the same feature is either 2nd hand or stolen...

Pioneer started making the OEL display about 4 model seasons ago. So if you can get your hands on a deh-p6300-6600, those have the same features...different screen savers...and would be less.

In my shop the deh-p6700 retails for $249.95. That is why the internet is so hard to compete with.

However, make sure the place that you are purchasing that from is an authorized dealer. If not, you will have NO warrenty. Pioneer make excellent head units and, personally, I wouldn't use anything else but, chit happens and it is nice to have that piece of mind.

If that thing goes out for one reason or another, you'll have to get another one....

gojk
10-18-2005, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by blackpred
This dumbhead can't even spell warranty

Your just a jack@$$ that is not wanted around here. I would rather have the dumbhead that can't spell but actually contributes to the site rather than a jack@$$ like yourself that contributes nothing.

MAaudioX10
10-18-2005, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by gojk
Your just a jack@$$ that is not wanted around here. I would rather have the dumbhead that can't spell but actually contributes to the site rather than a jack@$$ like yourself that contributes nothing.

Yeah! "Blackpred" do us all a favor and disappear!!

gojk
10-19-2005, 12:07 AM
If I promise to do that will you promise to leave and never come back, cause I would rather be raped in prison by bubba then listen to one of your pointless comments again.

MAaudioX10
10-19-2005, 12:08 AM
Hey, did you get any of the text messages??

10-19-2005, 12:11 AM
my phone is in my room, so no

MAaudioX10
10-19-2005, 12:12 AM
Bring those Trackers to work tomorrow! Don't bother texting me back...left my phone in the garage.

MAaudioX10
10-19-2005, 12:17 AM
How are you listening to my comments? I have to READ yours!! HAHAHAHA

Dude, that was weak! I think that was a bit of a reach....

gojk
10-19-2005, 12:22 AM
How are you listening to my comments? I have to READ yours!! HAHAHAHA

I see what you are trying to do with this and I would love to get into a battle of wits with you, but obviously you are unarmed.

MAaudioX10
10-19-2005, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by gojk
I see what you are trying to do with this and I would love to get into a battle of wits with you, but obviously you are unarmed.

BURN!!

MAaudioX10
10-19-2005, 12:26 AM
Na, it was meant to be LAME!!! the dumb **** brings it on.... Makes people over confident that they are soo smart, so they have what it takes to pick on the dumbsh*ts

Semantics!

TCracin440ex
10-19-2005, 02:44 AM
wow...kinda strayed off topic here....

i have a pioneer deh-8500mp and i love it. id def buy another pioneer headunit

and i got it from onlinecarstereo.com that is the cheapest place ive ever seen to get audio equiptment

circuit city had it for like 579.00 and i got it from onlinecarstereo with free shippin for 379.00

now im kinda wanting to get an indash dvd player so i can watch dvds going down the road, but i dont have the loot for that, and when i do get the loot for that im going to proally get a clarion or alpine.

butters ill get pics of my pioneer for you

TCracin440ex
10-19-2005, 03:01 AM
here is a pic of what it looks like closed up

TCracin440ex
10-19-2005, 03:02 AM
open

TCracin440ex
10-19-2005, 03:03 AM
i just took these pics at 5 o' clock this morning

this is what it looks like in the darkness. Sorry for the blurryness, but i had to take the flash off

MAaudioX10
10-19-2005, 08:41 AM
Those 8500 are pretty nice...only thing you will have to watch out for is that some of the earlier models had problems with the pre-amps inside the head unit.

When they first came out, I went through 3 of those in a 1 week period. All of them had the same problem.

The newer models are built better and last quite a while longer.

QuadJunkies
10-19-2005, 09:58 AM
Black Pred,consider this your ONLY warning......

TCracin440ex
10-19-2005, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by MAaudioX10
Those 8500 are pretty nice...only thing you will have to watch out for is that some of the earlier models had problems with the pre-amps inside the head unit.

When they first came out, I went through 3 of those in a 1 week period. All of them had the same problem.

The newer models are built better and last quite a while longer.

no problems here yet....knock on wood...ive had it for 2 years now almost so

Butters
10-19-2005, 11:19 AM
yeah thanks for the pics. i have heard lots of good stuff about pioneer, so i think i am going to get them, wether it is that one i posted or not. thanks.

NacsMXer
10-19-2005, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
open

TC, mines better than yours!! :blah: LOL j/k
I love my Pioneer HU, nothing but excellent sound quality. I was gonna buy the lower priced unit when I was looking but I ended up spending more on this one because it flipped down and was different :cool:

http://fordtruckworld.tenmagazines.com/gallery/NacsMXer/123505.jpg

MOFO
10-19-2005, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Black Pred,consider this your ONLY warning......

I'll second this.... consider it another set of eyes to keep track of him. :grr:

TCracin440ex
10-19-2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
TC, mines better than yours!! :blah: LOL j/k
I love my Pioneer HU, nothing but excellent sound quality. I was gonna buy the lower priced unit when I was looking but I ended up spending more on this one because it flipped down and was different :cool:

http://fordtruckworld.tenmagazines.com/gallery/NacsMXer/123505.jpg

yea they really do have good sound quality. The stock chevrolet head units are pretty good. but this pioneer is great for the money....its no alpine, but its no 30 dollar junk either

and onlinecarstereo.com is the best place to get any audio equipt. they have free shippin on any order over 100 dollars. So if you order subs you dont have to pay that heavy shippin charge. I wont buy anything local anymore because that site is cheaper.

i mean onlinecarstereo beat the price on my HU by 200 dollars over circuit city

10-19-2005, 09:40 PM
no need to babysit me, I took my meds today