PDA

View Full Version : YZ hybrid pouring gas..!?

redrider311
10-18-2005, 08:58 PM
hey i just finished my YZ426 hybrid and i heard the carb on the 426 is the same or very close to that on a YFZ450 so i thought id ask you fellas..:p anyways.. what happens is that when i turn my gas on it flows from the tank into the carb and then right to the floor... i rode it all day saturday and had no problem.. i did do some jumping late sunday for about 10 minutes and when i pulled back on the concrete i noticed the gas was pouring straight out of the bottom of the carb.. today i took apart the float bowl and i did not notice anything wrong there.. what do you guys think.. im completely stumped....

thanks for any help..

mark:)

quadrcr87
10-19-2005, 09:56 AM
you might need a new needle and seat. look at the rubber on the end of the needle and see if there is any wear. It sounds like you dont have a good seal. You may also have some dirt in there.

redrider311
10-19-2005, 08:31 PM
but would a little o-ring tear cause all of the gas that goes in to just pour to the floor? i will go check it out.. any other ideas?

buddha440ex
10-24-2005, 08:20 PM
sounds like ur float is stuck...open up ur fuel valve and get a ball pin hammer and tap the carb bowl and it should stop leaking gas...

muff
10-25-2005, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by buddha440ex
sounds like ur float is stuck...open up ur fuel valve and get a ball pin hammer and tap the carb bowl and it should stop leaking gas...

This is only something you should do if its last minute on race day. Most likely the float needle is stuck in there. Take the carb back out, take the floats out (by pushing the pin out) and clean off the needle valve. That's more than likely your problem.

Weezle
10-25-2005, 04:50 PM
I just fixed that exact problem. I opened up the float and found that the float was disconnected from that little spring that connects to the needle. I found the cause was there was some buildup on the needle and was causing resistance to the spring to the float, causing it to disconnect and fuel would just flow to the floor. cleaned the needle, and reinstalled everything. ran great no leaks.