PDA

View Full Version : leaking oil??? need help!!!

kfxriderirv
10-18-2005, 07:22 PM
my kfx is leaking oil out of the shaft that the clutch cable connects to i really need help cause in doing some showes in early dec. please help soon
:eek:

hondajoe05
10-21-2005, 09:02 PM
you mean your crank case? should be able to tighten it up

DVXchic
10-24-2005, 03:34 PM
Mine is doing the same thing, its coming from the clutch arm, its just the oil seal where the arm goes into the case.

Is this hard to fix??:confused:

kfxriderirv
10-25-2005, 03:07 PM
i took it to the shop today so i guess ill see i didnt know wat is was so i didnt take any thing apart

jc's z
05-04-2006, 09:57 PM
I'm experiencing the same problems with my 06 z400.

Anybody else had the same problem?
How hard the is the fix?
How long did the shop take to fix it? Day job or overnight?

I would really appreciate any help on this.

DVXchic
05-05-2006, 07:52 AM
It is really easy to fix, you don't need to take it to a shop. Just order the seal from your dealer, its really cheap. Take the clutch arm off the shaft. you will see a phillips screw just behind the shaft, take it out, it just holds down a cover over the seal. once that is out, take the plate off, pop the old seal out, and slide the old seal over the shaft carefully and pop it into place. now put the plate, screw and clutch arm back on. It only took about 10 mins so don't let a dealer charge you for an hour. hope that helps:)

zeus54
05-06-2006, 08:15 AM
listen to dvxchic its pretty simple with a "flathead" screwdriver

[Q

UOTE]Originally posted by DVXchic
It is really easy to fix, you don't need to take it to a shop. Just order the seal from your dealer, its really cheap. Take the clutch arm off the shaft. you will see a phillips screw just behind the shaft, take it out, it just holds down a cover over the seal. once that is out, take the plate off, pop the old seal out, and slide the old seal over the shaft carefully and pop it into place. now put the plate, screw and clutch arm back on. It only took about 10 mins so don't let a dealer charge you for an hour. hope that helps:) [/QUOTE]

DVXchic
05-06-2006, 06:54 PM
I,m sure it was a star but they may be different from the z to the dvx. some little things like that are different. I also said slide the old seal over the shaft, i meant the new seal, my badd. sorry.

jc's z
05-06-2006, 08:54 PM
Thanks, dvxchic and zeus

I removed the seal today. It was pretty easy.

The hard part:
None of the dealers around here carry the part, It had to be ordered. It might take 2 -3 days.
Man I was disappointed, I was hoping to ride today.

I'll keep you posted on the fix,

again,
thanks.

zeus54
05-07-2006, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by jc's z
Thanks, dvxchic and zeus

I removed the seal today. It was pretty easy.

The hard part:
None of the dealers around here carry the part, It had to be ordered. It might take 2 -3 days.
Man I was disappointed, I was hoping to ride today.

I'll keep you posted on the fix,

again,
thanks.

if you want to ride today get some silicone that is water soluable (wipes off with paper towel and water) use a small amount around the seal let it sit for 5 or 10 minutes then fire the bike up and let it warm up then ride it, i used some on my older 03 one time at rausch creek and it held throughout the day, but it isn't a permanent fix:)

jc's z
05-09-2006, 09:59 PM
FOUND THE PART.

Rode around for about an hour. NO LEAK!

Thanks, everyone, for the help.