PDA

View Full Version : need a quciker response! Which pipe HMF or Sparks?

yellow400ex05
10-18-2005, 06:25 PM
This will be my last thread hopefully for the two pies that I am asking about if I can get a good response.

Heres what I want to know.

If somebody can please help me out on these questions I will appreciate(sp) it very much!

I heard the sparks exhaust was very similar to the FMF which I want to know if thats true or not, because i'm not fond of FMF pipes. And which is better quality HMF or Sparks? Which gives more overall power and I only want answers for a 250ex.

Also what are the decibel ratings without quiet cores on the 2 pipes HMF and sparks? I searched and searched but had no luck.

I know the sparks is 95 db's for the 250ex, but what about the HMF?

And is the extra $100 worth it for the Sparks or not?

Also if there is a site where you can search for the decibels of any pipe for any quad please post the site. It will help alot!

cals400ex
10-18-2005, 09:57 PM
i don't think sparks makes one for the 250. i would try to find a company who makes a full system but maybe that will be hard.

300exOH
10-18-2005, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by cals400ex
i don't think sparks makes one for the 250. i would try to find a company who makes a full system but maybe that will be hard.

Sparks DOES make a full system for the 250ex but it is very pricey. The HMF would probably be just as good as the sparks. For $100 less I would go with the HMF. I doubt you would be able to tell a difference between the two. I think HMF lists the dB ratings on their website and I think they have dyno charts also. As far as quality they are both very well made. The FMF isn't really even in the same league as sparks of HMF.