PDA

View Full Version : computers wizz's

m_townsgreatest
10-18-2005, 05:33 PM
hey my sound on my computer is messed up. On certain parts(I think the low bass parts) the sound kinda sounds like it slows down. The thing is its only for like 2 seconds tops. Does anyone know what might be wrong?

any info will help! thanx in advance

FasstMidnightZ
10-18-2005, 05:48 PM
If your using Windows Media Player go to: View, Enhancements, Show Enhancements. Go to quiet mode and turn it off if its on. Then you can go to SRS Wow Effects and turn it off if the quite mode didnt work. Then, if none of that works go to your volume panel and mute your 3D depth. Hope that helps some.

m_townsgreatest
10-18-2005, 06:12 PM
well it aint like that. Its the sound all around. When i play Limewire it does. I tried restarting it but when it makes the noice as it log on the name thing it did it to.

FasstMidnightZ
10-18-2005, 06:14 PM
oh, well it could be your actualy speakers not working properly. Im kinda stumped now:ermm:

m_townsgreatest
10-18-2005, 07:34 PM
anyone?? ttt

10-18-2005, 08:03 PM
Sometimes ur audio card can alter the sound. or u could have jus messed sumthin up in ur equalizer in ur settings on windows media player or if ur audio card is like mine ur overall sound settings.

m_townsgreatest
10-18-2005, 09:12 PM
do you know how i could adjust it or fix it?

does anyone know anything else it could be?

m_townsgreatest
10-19-2005, 12:50 PM
ttt!!

omaits
10-19-2005, 02:50 PM
most likely messed up speakers or sound card.

Plus some headphones into the headphone jack and listen to it. If it still does it, it could be yoru sound card. If it doesnt, its your speakers.

Honda TRX250ex
10-19-2005, 04:47 PM
if you have a crappy sound card that could be it or your speakers

m_townsgreatest
10-19-2005, 07:52 PM
well then its the ound card. Does anyone know where i would get a new one, how much it would run me and if I could install it myself?

omaits
10-19-2005, 08:01 PM
newegg.com is usually the cheapest. you can get one for as low as $10, but if you do, you might end up having the same problems.

I bought a Chaintech card on newegg that has 7.1 surround sound and optical outs for $25. There is also a comparable Sound Blaster card for a similar price. I woudl suggest one of these two brands.

You can also get the cards at Circuit City, Best Buy, etc... but they are alot more $$$.

m_townsgreatest
10-19-2005, 09:04 PM
how would i go about installing on of those on a dell dimension 4700C?

10-20-2005, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by m_townsgreatest
how would i go about installing on of those on a dell dimension 4700C?

if you have to ask, dont attempt it...

Jesse

m_townsgreatest
10-20-2005, 07:18 AM
dirt merchant, are u tryin to get your post count up or what? You have posted in both of my threads. Your points weer pointless too.. I dont need you to tell me if i dont know how to nhot attempt it. I asked how to i didnt say I was going to but if it wasnt to complicated i might have attempted it. So please if your going to post, post something that can help me. Thanx!

300ex13
10-20-2005, 07:35 AM
i kno how but its kinda difficult to describe....if you pm me i may have time to try to describe it to you...

10-20-2005, 08:20 AM
ok there buddy.. since you think im "causing you problems", learn to spell words properly THEN come to me..

But as for your problem.. you need to understand pci, and esd.. if you have ABSOLUTLY no idea what im talking about, then stop reading.. if you do.. hooray.. Now you have to find out if you have onboard sound or if its a addon card.. Once you have that figured out, then you can go 1 of 2 ways.. if your current sound card is ONBOARD then you will have to DISABLE that manually via jumpers on the motherboard or via the BIOS... Then you can plug a PCI sound card into the motherboard and have sound again...

Personally it sounds like you have a driver malfunction someplace.. or your speakers are shot.. i cannot really understand 3 year old descriptions..

Im almost positive you do not understand a single word i have just typed, and if you do (which you dont) then good for you.. if not, DONT ATTEMPT to fix it yourself becuase you will just make matters worse.

Jesse

omaits
10-20-2005, 11:10 AM
Just because he doesnt know what PCI means doesnt mean he shoudlnt attempt it and continue to listen to crappy quality sound.

I am assuming that you weren't born knowing what a PCI card is and how to install it.

I do agree that he shoudl become sure that the problem is hardware related by listening to the sound with earphones, reinstalling drivers, etc... first.

I dont agree with "if he doesn't know what a PCI card is, he shouldnt try to learn and shouldn't attemp to do something as simple as installing a sound card."

m_townsgreatest: PM me if you need help. Trying to diagnose a computer problem on a forum is diffucult since there is always a bunch of people pulling you in different directions.