PDA

View Full Version : I'm goin to Wyotech!!

TheFontMaster
10-18-2005, 04:10 PM
The rep. from Wyotech just left my house, I filled out a bunch of paper work and we talked about the college. I won't know for about a month if I actualy get in, but I was told with the grades I have in my auto body class, that I shouldn't have anything to worry about. I went to visit the PA campus in Blairesville over the summer before I went to the Rausch ride, and it's such a nice campus. I'm so excited about this, I've been wanting to go to this trade school for a couple years now.

fast_enough
10-18-2005, 04:14 PM
Dude thats awesome so what exactly will you be going for? Automotive repair im guessing

TheFontMaster
10-18-2005, 04:18 PM
I will be taking auto body, the street rod course which is custom fabrication and custom paint, then thier buisness course.

Ralph
10-18-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
I will be taking auto body, the street rod course which is custom fabrication and custom paint, then thier buisness course.

I know a kid who went there and he really liked it,

Tommy 17
10-18-2005, 05:01 PM
you'll be 35 mins from me... get ur drinkin hat on fontmaster bc i'm gonna show u how west central pa parties!!!:devil: :devil:

Guy400
10-18-2005, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
you'll be 35 mins from me... get ur drinkin hat on fontmaster bc i'm gonna show u how west central pa parties!!!:devil: :devil: I'm guessing with young boys :confused:

TheFontMaster
10-18-2005, 06:01 PM
you'll be 35 mins from me... get ur drinkin hat on fontmaster bc i'm gonna show u how west central pa parties!!!:devil: :devil:

Hmm I think I got a hat that will rival your sombrero:macho

PolarisRider06
10-18-2005, 06:41 PM
i've been thinking about going to WyoTech for quite a while now... if i go i will be going to the Larmie campus for auto mechanics plus the high performance engine and chassis design and the bussiness course and possibly the hot rod course too. i had a rep at my house about a month ago and we discussed it but i decided to wait to sign the papers. i also checked out the Larmie campus over the summer. great place great facilities but from what i've seen in person and in pictures the automotive buildings in blairsville are much nicer, mostly because they are newer.

TheFontMaster
10-18-2005, 06:46 PM
Yea the ones at Blairesville are nicer from what I've heard. The Campus was built in 2002 I think, and they are putting in another building for the desiel mechanics.

G Impala 63n70
10-18-2005, 07:33 PM
Wyotec came to my school (a jvs) and so did a whole bunch of other colleges to promote there colleges. I liked Lincoln Tech the most out of them, Im probly gonna go there when its time for me to go , Ill be going to whereever i go, for Auto Technology, and high performance as a side class. Wyotech does sound nice though, i have the little waiver right here with info, i wanna check it out and give it a change, but lincoln tech stole me at the presentation. If i went to wyo, id go the the blairsville one by the way. which is cool

PolarisRider06
10-18-2005, 07:38 PM
yeah the larmie campus is spread out throughout the city... diesel, hotrod, and chassis are at the south end of town.(newest buildings 2002 or something like that) automotive, collision and upholstry at the north end of town (old buildings probably from the 80s maybe late 70's but still pretty nice) and the bussiness class is down by the University of Wyoming kinda towards the east side of town(in a part of a strip mall looking place that has a bunch of restaraunts and stuff at it)

great area though.... year round winter sports within 30 miles dunes within 3 hours and denver isn't to far away either for pro sports games

baker250r
10-18-2005, 07:42 PM
no offence guys... but wyotech is just like UTI.... bunch of money, and u get the same schooling as a regular technical school. only in wyotech u get all the state of the art stuff to play with. but how many of you in industry will have all that state of the art easy equipment to owrk with? im in the heavy diesel program at a tech in wisconsin, and i know for a fact from helpin out at diff shops that u arent workin on the new trucks with new equipment. u are workin on the old trucks that are all worn out, and u have wut the shop can afford. ive also heard from graduates that have came thru both programs, and they say that the instructors and all the faculty are all really nice and helpfull to you... untill the day u graduate. then you are on your own... even tho they said that they will help you find a job and all this bullsh*t

just my .02

I was enrolled in UTI untill this last spring when i talked to people that went there, so im not pulling this info out of my anis either.

PolarisRider06
10-18-2005, 07:53 PM
i will agree with u to a point.... i talked to a guy whos dad taught at UTI for a year.... he said the first 4 hours of the first day they teach you how to use a normal wrench and screwdriver u know... lefty loosey righty tighty crap... other than that and some of the stats for post graduation employment and stuff they aint far apart.

and the thing about state of the art equipment isn't really what bothered me for the automech. classes its the fact that they say when at school you wont be working on anything more than 4 years old.... now i don't know about you but i have never been to a shop where there is all newer low mileage cars in there all of the time... its normally beaters.

TheFontMaster
10-18-2005, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by baker250r
no offence guys... but wyotech is just like UTI.... bunch of money, and u get the same schooling as a regular technical school. only in wyotech u get all the state of the art stuff to play with. but how many of you in industry will have all that state of the art easy equipment to owrk with? im in the heavy diesel program at a tech in wisconsin, and i know for a fact from helpin out at diff shops that u arent workin on the new trucks with new equipment. u are workin on the old trucks that are all worn out, and u have wut the shop can afford. ive also heard from graduates that have came thru both programs, and they say that the instructors and all the faculty are all really nice and helpfull to you... untill the day u graduate. then you are on your own... even tho they said that they will help you find a job and all this bullsh*t

just my .02

I was enrolled in UTI untill this last spring when i talked to people that went there, so im not pulling this info out of my anis either.

Well since I plan on working on custom cars when I get out, I would say that I would be working with that state of the art equipment alot. Wyotech in thier auto body program the ares are no older than 5 years old, and each student is asigned a whole car to work on and compleatley re-paint, unlike many other schools that only give you panels to work on or there are 3,4 or more people working on one car. Wyotech also has a 90% graduation rate, and they offer you the chance to go back later on to re-take the courses to freshen up your skills in an area. UTI is compleatley different than Wyotech, so don't be comparing people's experiances at that school to this one.

Bush0102
10-19-2005, 07:51 AM

tommy, you cant be that cool...you only have 65 facebook friends:blah:

Tommy 17
10-19-2005, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Bush0102
tommy, you cant be that cool...you only have 65 facebook friends:blah:

theres 133 on there:huh

i ain't big on the whole facebook add people you don't know or never talk 2...

Mxjunkie
10-19-2005, 10:03 AM
Tommy might touch you while hes tipsy if you guys have to sleep in a tent..

me and ridin jesse were scared for our lifes :scary:

Bush0102
10-19-2005, 11:32 AM
theres 133 on there:huh

i ain't big on the whole facebook add people you don't know or never talk 2...

im just kiddin with you...i know all of mine (mostly fraternity brothers and sorority girls) except for some random girl from north alabama

Tommy 17
10-19-2005, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Bush0102
im just kiddin with you...i know all of mine (mostly fraternity brothers and sorority girls) except for some random girl from north alabama

haha facebook is a great place to meet girls... they all see the picture of my truck on there and its an instant IM and date:devil:

Tommy 17
10-19-2005, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
Tommy might touch you while hes tipsy if you guys have to sleep in a tent..

me and ridin jesse were scared for our lifes :scary:

yeah b.s! your the only person i know that sleeps on rocks!!! i told u to go sleep in the truck lmfao

Mxjunkie
10-19-2005, 01:02 PM
lmfao and I used my book bag as a pillow.. but hey least I didnt have to go to the hotel with the fat chick :D

AtvMxRider
10-19-2005, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by baker250r
[ im in the heavy diesel program at a tech in wisconsin, and i know for a fact from helpin out at diff shops that u arent workin on the new trucks with new equipment. u are workin on the old trucks that are all worn out, and u have wut the shop can afford. [/B]

Boy have you got thet right. I have worked with a bunch of young guys that went to those deisel schools and they come out and are expecting everything to be all neat and clean and it's just not that way.I have been a deisel mechanic for along time, I have nothing against those schools but there is NOTHING like "OJT". I am not saying any of you guys are but most of the guys (that I have seen) that come out of those schools are Idiots:ermm:

TheFontMaster
10-19-2005, 03:19 PM
haha facebook is a great place to meet girls... they all see the picture of my truck on there and its an instant IM and date:devil:

O yea that trucks a real chick magnet, I've heard stories about the fat chick, thats the only girls that are gonna be atracted to some red chevy.

Tommy 17
10-19-2005, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
O yea that trucks a real chick magnet, I've heard stories about the fat chick, thats the only girls that are gonna be atracted to some red chevy.

lmfao! she was driving the same exact truck just a 2000 or 2001!! haha

actually my truck attracts alot of attention... everytime i go to get gas i nearly get in a fight with some old guy over it...

z400roosteR
10-19-2005, 04:13 PM
They gave a presentation to my shop class last year i believe or the year before? Pretty impressive stuff they showed and they had a campus in Wyoming i think he said, any ways the whole 96% of the graduates already have job openings caling for them when they get out....he said like thats the first school that companys like ford volvo etc look for. I am not going into schooling for that field but if i was i would prolly go there.