PDA

View Full Version : k@n q's

stupid driver
06-17-2002, 12:11 AM
i hav a stock 2002 400ex. i just bought a kn filter + outerwear and i am plannin to take off the airbox lid. i am at 1000 above sea level. wut jet sizes am i gonna hav to get. can i just get a kn jet kit and be done with it. does the jet kit hav everything i am gonna need for the filter and outerwear?? i am new at this and i dont hav a clue at wut im doin. im pretty sure most of u do. thanks

06-17-2002, 06:23 AM
The jet kit will have just the jets and needle,,you need a K&N powerkit,,that comes with everything except the outerwear.

Wheelie
06-17-2002, 03:33 PM
Save yourself the $$$ and go down to your local Honda dealer and buy a 150 main jet and turn the mixture screw out 1/2 turn. That should be pretty close.

BornOnFire
06-17-2002, 04:32 PM
Jetting can be tricky so go to your dealer and buy a 40 & 42 pilot jet. (the stock is 38) Then get yourself a 150 152 and 155 main jet ( the stock is 148). These jets, all together, should run you less than $20. You will not need anything bigger unless you add a pipe or do any engine work. The K&N kit is a waste of money since you probably won't use any of the jets included. Just buy the filter and outerwear from Marcum's. You can even get the jets from him at like $4.00 a piece. Keep in mind though, before you jet, try putting on the filter and outerwear only and see how it runs. You may not have to re-jet at all. Every machine and situation is different. If you do have to re-jet, do one thing at a time so you know what works. Also do a search on this website for previous jetting posts. You will see what I mean when I say that it can be tricky!

Good luck

stupid driver
06-17-2002, 04:33 PM
thanks a bunch guys.. ill try it out wed. when i get the jets. ill tell ya how it goes