PDA

View Full Version : First Time Owner...

WyteKraka
10-18-2005, 02:30 PM
hey guys and gals, i just bought my first atv 2 weeks ago. i bought a 2002 400ex. paid $2,500, and it has renthal handle bars, Dynojet Jet kit, K&N, and Scorpion Exhaust. and the guy gave me all the stock equipment (jets, exhaust, handle bars) and a HJC Helmet and a pair of Oakley goggles. ya'll think i got a good deal? it runs great, i rode it all weekend and never had one problem. i did notice the front end was squeeking like crazy, but after readin a thread on here i greased up the lower front shock bushings and the squeeking is gone. and let me say this thing is a blast to ride, always wanted an ATV but never had the money til now. now i can't wait to fix it up sum more.

PunkA$$
10-18-2005, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by WyteKraka
i did notice the front end was squeeking like crazy, but after readin a thread on here i greased up the lower front shock bushings and the squeeking is gone.

If it's anything like mine expect the squeeking to come back over and over again no matter how many times you grease it.

:cuss:

But ya, I'd say that's a good deal!

WyteKraka
10-18-2005, 02:55 PM
man i hope its not like that for mine. at first i sprayed wd-40 on all the joints not exactly sure where it was comin from..... that did nuthin at all. but the grease worked. and hopefully it will last.

ride_red666
10-18-2005, 05:20 PM
mine squeeks no matter how much grease you put on it, it still comes back.

PunkA$$
10-18-2005, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by ride_red666
mine squeeks no matter how much grease you put on it, it still comes back.

Hey did you put in your stg. 1 hot cam without a high compression piston? If so, was there a noticable power gain?