PDA

View Full Version : please read...completely stumped

WOracing
10-18-2005, 09:12 AM
my buddy has a yz250f that will start and run for a bit then without any signs of quitting it will quit. The idle was fluctuating alot then we cleaned the pilot map (?) i forgot exactly what its called if thats not it. anywho the idle is steady and it will run a little longer then it used to but it still quits. we replaced the head gasket after finding oil in the radiator but still no luck. we also found that one of the valves was out of wack. we went from a 180 shim to a 150. big big drop. but....the problem continues on. it has us both confused to this point. anyone have a clue whats happening?

Colby@C&DRacing
10-18-2005, 09:28 AM
try cleaning the airfuel circuit in the carb sometimes these get cloged, they are very small, otherwise you might look for an electrical problem.

WOracing
10-18-2005, 09:32 AM
we did already...i just didnt name that sorry lol. but your the fourth person that said electrical so i guess we could mess with that *sigh* why couldnt he buy a honda:blah:

YZEATER
10-18-2005, 12:26 PM
does it run for a bit the quit and then in a little while it will start back up? check the fuel cap to make sure it is flowing air into the tank.

PunkA$$
10-18-2005, 03:36 PM
Maybe the floats are sticking? (up) :confused:

Jersey450R
10-18-2005, 04:20 PM
damn Yamajunks, oops! I mean Yamahas :p

JP with you man, sounds like maybe something with the stator?

MadMax27
10-18-2005, 04:37 PM
Could this be Kevins bike???

WOracing
10-18-2005, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by YZEATER
does it run for a bit the quit and then in a little while it will start back up? check the fuel cap to make sure it is flowing air into the tank.

not the problem

WOracing
10-18-2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Punk*****
Maybe the floats are sticking? (up) :confused:

also not the problem

thanks for replys though guys!

WOracing
10-18-2005, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by MadMax27
Could this be Kevins bike???

my bike? no mine runs mint lol

WOracing
10-18-2005, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Jersey450R
damn Yamajunks, oops! I mean Yamahas :p

JP with you man, sounds like maybe something with the stator?

checking that possibility as we speak lol

2muchquad
10-18-2005, 10:14 PM
when you put the cams back in,they were not properly torqued.they will sieze in the caps once they get warm.i am ALL TOO FAMILIAR with this problem.i own a yzf. plus i have worked on a lot of the 250fs.it will idle for a minute then all of a sudden stopfor no reason.loosen up both cam caps and tighten in a crisscross pattern to around7ft lbs or so.i can almost guarantee that your problem.:)

WOracing
10-19-2005, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by 2muchquad
when you put the cams back in,they were not properly torqued.they will sieze in the caps once they get warm.i am ALL TOO FAMILIAR with this problem.i own a yzf. plus i have worked on a lot of the 250fs.it will idle for a minute then all of a sudden stopfor no reason.loosen up both cam caps and tighten in a crisscross pattern to around7ft lbs or so.i can almost guarantee that your problem.:)

lol i like the long post but thats not it either. the cams are torqued accordingly to the manual and the cam moves freely without any tugging or anything.

once again thanks for all the replys but were still clueless. ive never seen anything like this before!

MadMax27
10-19-2005, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by WOracing
my bike? no mine runs mint lol

Ohhh, I work with a guy who has the same bike and same problem...

WOracing
10-20-2005, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by MadMax27
Ohhh, I work with a guy who has the same bike and same problem...

i dont know must be yamahas! lol