PDA

View Full Version : winter=cold

BlasterEaten250
10-18-2005, 07:37 AM
Well, winters coming, I was wondering what you guys do to stay warm while riding. Do you just put on layer after layer. Thats what I usually do, but this year I don't want to look like the michelin man. What are some good warm clothes? Post what you wear:)

m_townsgreatest
10-18-2005, 07:48 AM
i usually wear a pair of sweat pants and a hoodie underneath carhart coveralls and a carhart coat.keeps me warm but i gotta find something to keep my ahnds warmer

TRX_450
10-18-2005, 08:28 AM
under armor, jeans, cutoff shirt, then cover alls......my coveralls are like 5 or 6 sizes troo big but they keeop me warm and i can move in em but def try the under armor

BlasterEaten250
10-18-2005, 08:39 AM
Yeah, I think I will try underarmor, what are coveralls?

BlasterEaten250
10-18-2005, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by m_townsgreatest
i gotta find something to keep my ahnds warmer My handguards really helped.

Quad18star
10-18-2005, 09:49 AM
A pair of snowcross boots , my sledding bib , long sleeve t-shirt , my CKX sledding jacket ( warmest thing I've ever bought) , a dickie , my balaklava , pair of sledding gloves , my HJC snowcross helmet and pair of winter riding goggles . :D I'm all set !!!!!!

duke416ex
10-18-2005, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by BlasterEaten250
Yeah, I think I will try underarmor, what are coveralls?

Coveralls are like the carhartt suits have the legs and sleeves all together with a zipper up the middle.

I usually just wear jeans, tshirt, flannel shirt, a thick flannel jacket and some bib overalls and some good boots and gloves. Oh, I forgot I have an awesome mask that an ex bought me that will keep you warm in any weather. I don't have as harsh a winter as some of you do, but usually I am only cold when I start. Once the blood get going I am ok.

Quad18star
10-18-2005, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by duke416ex
I don't have as harsh a winter as some of you do, but usually I am only cold when I start. Once the blood get going I am ok.

Ya after about 15 or 20 minutes of riding , I'm usually taking some piece of clothing off cuz I'm dieing of heat !!!

iceracer65
10-18-2005, 10:37 AM
oh yea quadstar, i forgot how balmy it is up by you.:rolleyes: :devil:

BlasterEaten250
10-18-2005, 10:51 AM
You guys are crazy just wearing jeans!:eek2: Well, I guess I just where jeans when there is no snow on the ground. But when there is snow on the ground, I wear jeans+ snowpants, along with the other stuff, (shirt, sweat shirt, winter coat, neck and head cover thing my mom bought me, wool socks, snow gloves, and winter boots.:macho If we go on really long rides, I also wear long underwear.:chinese:

tp300ex
10-18-2005, 10:55 AM
idk if yall have ever hurd of this but its called frog tog no wind or water can go threw.....

Mxjunkie
10-18-2005, 11:55 AM
Carhart coat and overalls sometimes a beanie under my helmet then mx gloves :cool:

derekhonda
10-18-2005, 12:10 PM
carharts (or however you spell them)

450r51
10-18-2005, 12:20 PM
birthday suit and a tube sock:D

Jersey450R
10-18-2005, 12:20 PM
in the frigid cold, i usually wear what i would snowboarding. it washes and makes sense.

Quad18star
10-18-2005, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by iceracer65
oh yea quadstar, i forgot how balmy it is up by you.:rolleyes: :devil:

We sometimes get nice mild days ... when it's between 14-23 degrees fahrenheit it's awesome to ride ( -5C to -10 Celcius) . Thats usually when you sweat easily after a few minutes of riding .

I've taken the YFZ out in temps below 4 degrees fahrenheit ... it starts to get a little colder , especially around the face ( between the goggles and the helmet .

I've been out sledding in -40 ... now that's f'king cold . That's when I've got 6 layers on and my hands are frozen solid .

The coldest I've ever seen it get , was -48 celcius which works out to about -54 Fahrenheit . That was without the wind chill. I went outside to start the sled ... pulled on the starter rope and it stayed out . I just left it there and went back inside . It took all day for the sun to heat up the sled and for the recoil to wind itself back up . The Dodge didn't start that day either , and I had it plugged in too . :ermm:

Quad18star
10-18-2005, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by tp300ex
idk if yall have ever hurd of this but its called frog tog no wind or water can go threw.....

We sell those where I work ... but they are a different make . They work pretty good ... helps to deflect your breath so that your goggles or full face shield don't fog up also .

underpowered
10-18-2005, 12:36 PM
i have a snowmobile suit i wear when it is really cold, but otherwise my carhardts and just my normal riding boots. To keep my hands warm i have some handgaurds and gloves, or some of those mits that slide over the bars adn my hands.

theTman
10-18-2005, 12:49 PM
last winter when i rode my quad i had my PJs then jeans then a Tshirt and 2 hoodies...and gloves

Evana13
10-18-2005, 01:01 PM
long underwear riding pants underarmor t shirt hoodie carhart jacket but when its realy cold rideing gear and a carhart cover all

z400roosteR
10-18-2005, 01:53 PM
Anybody where UnderArmor? The "ColdGear" i just throw one of those on under a long sleeve T and a hoodie and i stay pretty warm.

Honda TRX250ex
10-18-2005, 02:02 PM
well lets see i put on some long johns than a pair of sweat pants than jeans than light snow pants than heavy snow pants and for the top i put on long john 2 t shirts i sweat shirt one hoodie a jacket and i wear heavy gloves and wear a face mask and my scott riding goggles me and my brother and acouple of my friends are like the only crazy bast@rds that go out and ride in below frezzing weather:macho

400EXBill
10-18-2005, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by 450r51

You ain't right dude! http://www.fullthrottleassault.com/images/smiles/laugh.gif

hessianmx111
10-18-2005, 04:19 PM
Thermal underwear,Jeans,T Shirt,Carhartt Bibs, Carhartt Jacket,ski mask, helmet and a nice pair of boots and gloves, this is all for quad riding, on the rare occasion I get to ride my bike in the winter I tough it out in thermal underwear, some racepants, tech8's, a t shirt,jersey, hoody and helmet.

MotoX3
10-18-2005, 04:36 PM
long sleeve under armour shirt...cut off shirt....snowobile jacket....long underwear bottoms and jeans usually...sometimes snowmobile bibs if its real nippley

mx426ex
10-18-2005, 04:37 PM
who cares.....
winter=HUNTING SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honda TRX250ex
10-18-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by mx426ex
who cares.....
winter=HUNTING SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sundays? land that no ones sppose to hunt on? your own land? perhapes?:rolleyes:

sampleez
10-18-2005, 05:22 PM
i'm with derekhonda on the coverall's idea.......looks goofy as crap, but works good

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/8402/400exelevator9ek.jpg

zephead400ex
10-18-2005, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by 450r51

Ditto.

Real men where tube socks:macho

Quad18star
10-18-2005, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
Ditto.

Real men where tube socks:macho

Wrong Preston ...... Real men wear nothing cuz they are proud of what they got . Insecure men wear tube socks cuz of shrinkage . ;) :p

rollie
10-18-2005, 07:20 PM
i wear my regular riding gear and freeze my *** off...then come home and drink like 5 cups of hot chocolate....lol

PolarisRider06
10-18-2005, 09:38 PM
if its above 0 degrees and below 40 degrees- long johns jeans t-shirt boots carhart jacket helmet gogles and snow-gloves

below zero or longer rides all of the above plus carhart arcticwear bibs wool socks better gloves face mask and a headband around my neck to help for windburn

10-18-2005, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
my balaklava

derka derka what? lmao

m_townsgreatest
10-20-2005, 02:41 PM
well my hand guards helped on my 300 but i dont have them on the raptor and you cant really climb anything with a foot of snow on the 300.

prepracing
10-21-2005, 08:51 PM
we usually don't ride anything colder than 30-32 degress. Thermal long johns, riding pants, T-shirt couple sweatshirts, 2 pairs of socks with riding boots, the arctic shield riding gloves. The big dumbo ear handguards are great for winter riding also. And seems like its always so wet around here in the wintertime so I wear a cheap rainsuit over everything, keeps me dry and also blocks out the wind. Just don't try the plastic rainsuite cause they don't breathe and you will burn up after 30min or so of riding !

Honda TRX250ex
10-22-2005, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by prepracing
we usually don't ride anything colder than 30-32 degress. Thermal long johns, riding pants, T-shirt couple sweatshirts, 2 pairs of socks with riding boots, the arctic shield riding gloves. The big dumbo ear handguards are great for winter riding also. And seems like its always so wet around here in the wintertime so I wear a cheap rainsuit over everything, keeps me dry and also blocks out the wind. Just don't try the plastic rainsuite cause they don't breathe and you will burn up after 30min or so of riding !

yeah i wouldent recomend rideing when the temp is below frezzing not good for you quad cuz the oil is really thick and imo i let my quad run at least 15 mins with out hitting the gas to warm up so the oil get less dense and gets to the head and when your done let your quad idle for 10 mins w/o hitting the gas to let it cool down

yamablaster24
10-22-2005, 09:10 AM
i ran my blaster in about 6 degree weather last winter and I started with sledding pants with mx pants over them, 2 sweatshirts and my carhartt and a facemask under helmet. This along with thick winter gloves over my pawtectors kept me nice and warm. in winter indoor series i wear normal racing gear and when were lined up outside i shake so much not only from cold but from nervousness lol

Honda TRX250ex
10-22-2005, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by yamablaster24
i ran my blaster in about 6 degree weather last winter and I started with sledding pants with mx pants over them, 2 sweatshirts and my carhartt and a facemask under helmet. This along with thick winter gloves over my pawtectors kept me nice and warm. in winter indoor series i wear normal racing gear and when were lined up outside i shake so much not only from cold but from nervousness lol
lol that differnt for 2 strokes because the oil is in the gas

coryatver
10-22-2005, 06:08 PM
I wear carhartts. and sometimes my snowmobile stuff if all the mud is frozen good.

10-22-2005, 11:21 PM
guys are a bunch of *****s.. lol jk jk

around heare it usually gets 10-35 (farenheight) (sp) durring the day.
in the morning I stay instide.. lol, a cupple years ago durring my paper rout, the digital theomometer at the bank said -35, all I cans say is shrinkage... lol.

but with the wind temps and stuff, anything below 0 and I stay instide. when I go go out, I whare p-j's under my jeens. yes it is silly but you would be amazed how it keeps the wet and cold out. and my ski-doo snomobile jacked on, some gloves of some sort. I also like to whare this face mask thing... lol, it looks like I am going to rob a bank but my chin stays warm.