PDA

View Full Version : cancun or amsterdam...

Warnerade
10-17-2005, 07:02 PM
me and my buddy are planning on taking a trip for our spring break this year...amsterdam was first in our heads...but cancun was soon to follow.

the only problem i see with amsterdam is our dollar is worth .88 of a euro...and the average tempeture during april and may is anywhere between 45-55 degrees...

our dollar is worth more in cancun...it will be hotter...

Amsterdam, from what i've heard is more about drugs..and were not looking for that, but plan on doing heavy drinking, wich we can do in either place...

we're both steering torwards cancun..but would like a few opinions on both places.

honduh440
10-17-2005, 07:08 PM
id go to amsterdam if u can afford the trip. the odds of going back to europe later in ur life when you have a family are poor

10-17-2005, 07:08 PM
I'd go to Amsterdam to go watch Rammstein they kick ***. but if Rammstein weren't there i'd defently go to Cancun more naked ladies runnin around out since its warm out:eek2: and not 45 degree's out

400exrider707
10-17-2005, 07:15 PM
Amsterdam NY!!!....... J/P

Amsterdam has some pretty good looking women too, but cancun is much nicer weather, I would prolly go cancun if your worried about spending too much money!

nosliw
10-17-2005, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by clutch
I'd go to Amsterdam to go watch Rammstein they kick ***. but if Rammstein weren't there i'd defently go to Cancun more naked ladies runnin around out since its warm out:eek2: and not 45 degree's out

:cool:

Matt37
10-17-2005, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by honduh440
id go to amsterdam if u can afford the trip. the odds of going back to europe later in ur life when you have a family are poor

I agree.

It took me a long time to get to Europe, and finally this summer I did it.

I went to Ireland, England, and Amsterdam

And to me comparing Cancun to Amsterdam is apples and oranges. Sure Cancun is nice, but you have a better shot at getting to Cancun later in life than Amsterdam.

Also, Amsterdam is not really as bad as it is built up to be, will you see a few people smoking pot inside bars and restaurants?? Yes, probably, I saw a few. But people build it up to be this horrable place with people just rolling joints everywhere, And it is not. I walked through the red light district and all and of course there are bad parts of it, but many nice parts.

To me there is no comparison here.

Warnerade
10-17-2005, 07:19 PM
honestly im not worried about spending money, i just got a new job that works 2nd shift and pays much better...im already gonna start putting money away in the bank for it, and if needed...my dad will provide a bit of help my way...

and i know amsterdam isnt as bad as its built up,but i do know that it is more prone to drugs than cancun...

Hondadudeehhhh
10-17-2005, 07:23 PM
cancun. there are so many girls, its on the beach, you are expected to drink and party every night and pretty much everyone will be close to your age and will probably speak english

Warnerade
10-17-2005, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh
cancun. there are so many girls, its on the beach, you are expected to drink and party every night and pretty much everyone will be close to your age and will probably speak english so your saying there is no girls in amsterdam?:ermm:

you are expected to drink and party every night in either place...

10-17-2005, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
so your saying there is no girls in amsterdam?:ermm:

you are expected to drink and party every night in either place... i bet you stay in ohio with your mom

tp300ex
10-17-2005, 07:28 PM
amsterdam they so much weed there u wouldnt belve it!

Warnerade
10-17-2005, 07:28 PM
you clearly dont know what im capable of.

Matt37
10-17-2005, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by tp300ex
amsterdam they so much weed there u wouldnt belve it!

No, there really isnt. It is built up so negatively.

There is just as much weed at your local HS.

Warnerade
10-17-2005, 07:31 PM
ya..if your caught with over 5 grams in amsterdam...your screwed...

but lets not turn this into a "omg they do all the drugs over there nothing is illegal" becuase those who say that, have only seen eurotrip. and like i said, this trip isnt about drugs...its about drinking, party, ***, and titties.

brian350rx
10-17-2005, 08:26 PM
Cancun was great, but BE CAREFUL crossing the streets - my friend got hit by a car (and they took off) - their driving is completely insane. Full size bus (loaded with people) about a foot and a half from the back of a scooter. But dont let that discourage you - its a blast!

Warnerade
10-17-2005, 08:28 PM
cancun it is...amsterdam will come in a few years.

Doober
10-17-2005, 08:37 PM
youll have a great time in cancun...if you play that slug bug game be prepared to have a non stop game from the time you get there to the time you leave...there EVERYWHERE. plenty of hot girls also. you wont regret going to cancun.

Warnerade
10-17-2005, 08:40 PM
now..the question, all inclusive or just go on my own pocket book?

Doober
10-17-2005, 08:56 PM
we went all inclusive and ate for free every night at the hotel...we stayed at the flamingo i think it was...it was free everything at the hotel...personally i think i would go all inclusive.

Quad18star
10-17-2005, 09:08 PM
I'd have chosen Amsterdam . I've had a few friends go there and told me all about it .... CRAZY chit goes on . 3 words ... Red Light District !!!!

MR.BIG
10-18-2005, 01:21 PM
If you go to cancun get all inclusive deal because that includes all the alcohol you can drink. You get wasted at the hotel and then take a bus down to senior frogs for some night life fun. The beaches are also topless if the ladies prefer.

RaptorRacer45
10-18-2005, 02:09 PM
Cancun was fun, i went there about 3 years ago, the drivers are nuts but the atmosphere was great...ull have a blast :D

Warnerade
10-18-2005, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
I'd have chosen Amsterdam . I've had a few friends go there and told me all about it .... CRAZY chit goes on . 3 words ... Red Light District !!!! i'm considering amsterdam for next year...in the middle of the summer. Thats a long way to go, for only 9-10 days of fun...and cancun is a bit closer. Amsterdam is also just, too damn cold in the months of april and may...its average temp last year in those months were 45-50 degrees...and 75 degrees is considered "hot" to them.

me and my buddy found a nice all inclusive deal...about 2500 per person after taxes...

10-18-2005, 07:34 PM
$2500 a person is way too much even for all inclusive. you should be looking at something under $2000, be sure to stay at the oasis I heard

http://www.paradiseparties.com/\

Warnerade
10-18-2005, 08:19 PM
you say the oasis becuase that site sais the oasis...

and 2500 is what i was talking about total...just becuase im going all inclusive doesnt mean im not bring extra cash for clubs and shopping.

keep in mind..this is also for about 8-9 days.

Quad18star
10-18-2005, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
you say the oasis becuase that site sais the oasis...

and 2500 is what i was talking about total...just becuase im going all inclusive doesnt mean im not bring extra cash for clubs and shopping.

keep in mind..this is also for about 8-9 days.

The Oasis is the place to be for the major parties . Everyone that I have ever spoken with that has gone to Cancun for spring break has told me that if they were to go back , the Oasis is the place to stay . The only thing that sucks , is that you cant bring back guests , other than that it's one huge party at that resort.

You could leave out of Toronto for spring break , all inclusive for 7 nights at a price of $1700 Canadian .

honduh440
10-21-2005, 08:52 AM
might want to reschedule

10-21-2005, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by honduh440
might want to reschedule maybe you can go real cheap now :confused:

Warnerade
10-21-2005, 03:12 PM
spring break is in april...if cancun is still flooded...ill have to make it somewhere else...it doesnt have to be out of country...but i'd like it to be.

and that thing is headed torwards florida...sucks

troutman561
10-21-2005, 03:43 PM
yea i was hopin for cancun for spring break, should be fixed by then, atleast this tihng is gona be weak when it hits here in fl now, thanks mexico!!