PDA

View Full Version : crf450 and 450r motor

rancid
10-17-2005, 06:54 PM
does anybody know if the cases and mounting of a crf 450 and trx450r motor are the same, can you put a crf450 motor in a 450r qaud frame.

R3Concepts
10-17-2005, 07:34 PM
Why would you?? Unless your building a hyrbid then its an oximoron..The CRF tranny wont pull a TRXs weight..And not to mention you can make the TRX into the CRF with about a grand.

QuadRacer041
10-18-2005, 03:30 AM
the cases are differnt

desratt
10-18-2005, 08:03 PM
which year are you talking about?

I do believe the 06 crf and trx will directly change out. but not positive..

YES a crf tranny will pull the quad. there are a ton of people out there with them. I my self prefer the trx ratio

+ remember you can change your gearing with your sprockets but I just use the smaller tire size for mx.

turn a trx into a crf for a grand.? why you can buy a crf engine aheck of a lot cheaper then a trx engine.

R3Concepts
10-19-2005, 06:27 PM
We have a Hyrbid...They ALL have tranny problems..Ask around and find out how often main seals go out and the oil from the clutch runs to the other side of the motor. Eventually they WILL have problems, they aren't made to pull the extra weight.

QuadRacer041
10-20-2005, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by R3Concepts426ex
We have a Hyrbid...They ALL have tranny problems..Ask around and find out how often main seals go out and the oil from the clutch runs to the other side of the motor. Eventually they WILL have problems, they aren't made to pull the extra weight.

im not saying that putting the crf motor in a trx frame is a good idea but not ALL crf hybrids have problems.thtas just a rediculous statement.you may know people who have had problems but ive had mine for a year and i hane MANY freinds who have crf hybrids and NOT evenone has had a trans issue.some of them have had them for 3 years now.
I would like you to expain to me, in detail what is so differnt about the trans'. the ratio's might be differnt but what are the trx trannys made with super human material that can handle the extra weight???
give me a brake.:rolleyes: