PDA

View Full Version : 2005 ATV World's Fair - Louisville, KY

Admin
10-17-2005, 06:26 PM
Louisville, KY - The 2nd Annual ATV World’s Fair was held in Louisville, KY at the Conventional Center located downtown and only a few blocks away from the river separating Kentucky from Indiana where the “Belle Louisville” is docked and offers river boat cruises.

Admin
10-17-2005, 06:29 PM
As Visitors arrived at the show they couldn't help but notice the Hummer equipped with rubber tracks.

Mattracks rubber track conversion system is available for almost every vehicle with four wheels and is capable of speeds of 40MPH. This Hummer was parked outside till Sunday, and they backed it out and drove it down the street, which was pretty wild to watch.

Admin
10-17-2005, 06:36 PM
The show this year had about half the vendor participation as last year, but the spectator turnout to the event was steady both Saturday and Sunday.

Unlike the Dealer Expo in February all the vendors easily fit into a divided section of the Convention Centers main room.

Polaris & Kymco had the largest presence at the show this year, and Suzuki surprisingly didn’t even attend after having such a large presence at last year’s event. I was really hoping for them to have the new LT-R450 on display. Also, I was surprised that Polaris didn’t even have their Polaris Outlaw on display at the show.

Admin
10-17-2005, 06:44 PM
ATVriders.com Site Sponsor, T&T Racing (502 348-4847) was in attendance once again and showing off some of their decked out ATVs. As they specialize in turning your Stock ATV into a fire breathing full blown race quad and unlike many other aftermarket suppliers, they actually stock a large quantity of parts from Laeger, Walsh, Hiper, and many more which is perfect for those that can’t wait till their parts ordered and delivered several weeks later.

Also, they are Honda Dealer, so they also are a great source for all your Honda OEM Parts and Honda ATVs, so if you are in the Bardstown, KY area be sure to stop by the shop.

Also, both the KTM and White Honda 450R are forsale, so give them a call if you are interested 502 348-4847 and ask for JT

Admin
10-17-2005, 06:47 PM
T&T Racing also has their own graphic kits for the Honda 450R, and if you have a White 450R, I would highly suggest this graphic kit because it looked awesome. They have several kits availabe in different colors.

Admin
10-17-2005, 06:50 PM
Another site sponsor, Alba Action (858 486-4380) also had a large display setup at the show with the founder, Cory Hove making the trip out to Kentucky to create some of his customers back east.

The Blue Trans/Black 450R was grabbing plenty of attention

Admin
10-17-2005, 06:56 PM
Alba Action, Traci Cecco was in attendance to sign autographs at the Alba Action booth and in less than one week the final round of the GNCC Series will decide the Women’s Championship, and if you plan on attending the final round of the GNCC Series be sure to go to a local Yamaha dealership for some FREE GNCC tickets while they last. For more details Click Here (http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/2005_gncc_atv_yamaha.html)

Admin
10-17-2005, 07:01 PM
Alba Action has its own line of Aluminum accessories and they offer them in a variety of colors unlike many other manufacturers, but I have noticed that black is steadily becoming an available option from everyone

Admin
10-17-2005, 07:04 PM
One of newest things available from Alba is their new Pro Elite Radiators, which were designed for durability and efficient cooling. Unlike other radiators, the Pro Elite is actually a billet radiator instead of a being a tube and fin design.

The Pro Elite radiator has a bar and plate design which is designed to slow down the fluid flowing through the radiator by providing more resistance, which provides more opportunity for the water to cool down before it returns to the engine.

The increased durability and cooling does have a trade off in that the radiator does weigh more than other available aftermarket oversized radiators, but if you race in the woods or desert where durability and cooling is critical the tradeoff could be the difference from finishing or not.

Admin
10-17-2005, 07:15 PM
Also, if you are a #53 Kory Ellis fan here is your chance to own one of his YFZ450 machines from this season for only $13,500 race ready with some of the best components available.

Admin
10-17-2005, 07:19 PM
GNCC Pro #16 Santo Derisi has been well known for his shock rebuilding, but he has now entered the A-arm market.

Admin
10-17-2005, 07:28 PM
At first glance, his A-arms look very similar to the ArsFX arms, but upon closer inspection, you will see some very unique features built into his Arms, with a position adjustable balljoint. Also, the A-arms utilized sealed pivot bearings to reduce drag through the travel.

Admin
10-17-2005, 07:29 PM
Closup View of Santo's new A-arm which will be available in the very near future with a price tag of approx. $1,195.00

Admin
10-17-2005, 07:30 PM
Derisi sealed Roller Bearing Pivot Points

Admin
10-17-2005, 07:35 PM
Pirelli Tires has been involved in the Motorcycle tire industry for years, but they are now entering the Sport ATV Tire market with the release of their new XC ATV tire.

These tires will make their racing debut at the 12 Hours of ATV America with one of the Pro teams utilizing the tires, which will be the perfect test to how well they holdup to the rocks at Rausch Creek.

Admin
10-17-2005, 07:46 PM
The Pirelli tire will be available in your standard 9" rear and 10" front, and the tread design is virtually identical to the ITP Holeshot in the rear and the fronts are a cross between the Razr and the Holeshot.

Complete details will be available at the Rausch Creek 12 Hour Event.

Admin
10-17-2005, 07:47 PM
Close-up view of the Pirelli front tire tread pattern.

Admin
10-17-2005, 08:00 PM
ITP didn't have anything new tires or wheels to display at the Kentucky Show, but they have several exciting new products set to be released at the Indy Show in February.

Admin
10-17-2005, 08:01 PM
The Hiper Wheel booth remained active as visitors discovered some of the features of carbon fiber wheels

Admin
10-17-2005, 08:04 PM
Hiper has been producing Carbon Fiber Beadlock wheels for several years, but they are now producing a non-beadlock front wheel for the MX crowd and a have a new rear 8" wheel in the design phase.

Admin
10-17-2005, 08:05 PM
Hiper also is now producing carbon fiber wheels for the 50cc Pit Bikes with intergrated hubs.

Admin
10-17-2005, 08:06 PM
Douglas Wheel displayed its new Rattlesnake 12x7 wheel for the Utility ATV market as ATV wheels are becoming a stylish as they are durable, and this new wheel will be available to consumers by year end.

Admin
10-17-2005, 08:09 PM
Check out these new Wheels/Tires without the rubber. They aren't going to popping up on any races machines anytime soon, but you will find them at the farm.

They are designed to dig a trench in farm fields and drain standing water and from the video playing, they did worked extremely welll.

Admin
10-17-2005, 08:11 PM
This metal paddle wheel is designed for mud racing only as it acts like a propeller through the mud and comes with a price tag of over $1,000 for a complete set.

Admin
10-17-2005, 08:15 PM
There were plenty of Utility accessories on display at the show including dump trailers, plows, cameo, canopies, and etc., but ATVriders.com is geared toward Sport ATVs, so I didn't spend much time at these booths, but I did find this Lite Duty Ramsey winch that can be mounted on a 400EX or other sport ATVs, so I figured it was ATVriders.com worthy.

Admin
10-17-2005, 08:19 PM
Kawasaki Factory ATC Legend, Jim White, remains actively involved in the sport working with Ramsey, BKT Tires, and Pro Quads Series.

This weekend, Jim was informed that the Pro Quad Series will be a six race series for 2005/2006, but the location and dates aren't available yet, but as soon as they are finalized, the schedule will be posted and thanks for the update Jim.

Admin
10-17-2005, 08:20 PM
DMC showed off their exhaust system on Yamaha’s Raptor 700, and the exhaust comes equipped with two heat shields for added protection.

Admin
10-17-2005, 08:22 PM
ITP QuadCross Pro Rider, Dustin Nelson, not only races with his DR. D exhaust, but he also works for Doug Dubach and is actively involved in testing the exhaust systems on the track for real world power gains that aren’t just seen on the Dyno.

Admin
10-17-2005, 08:22 PM
Dr. D announced they have just completed their exhaust system for the Raptor 700 and they are working on an exhaust for the 2006 TRX450R.

Admin
10-17-2005, 08:23 PM
MotoWorks give ATV riders yet one more choice for aluminum accessories and exhaust for their ATV as they released their nerf bars, bumpers, grab bars, and exhaust system this weekend to the public.

Admin
10-17-2005, 08:24 PM
MotoWorks Nerf Bars with intergrated footpegs are available for $179.95 and for those that already noticed they are produced at the same facility as X-Factor Nerfs.

Admin
10-17-2005, 08:27 PM
AC Racing announced several new product options as they are now offering Flat Black coated parts along with custom logo laser cut on the front bumpers.

Admin
10-17-2005, 08:28 PM
Laser Cut Logos are also available on their Stands.

Admin
10-17-2005, 08:30 PM
Pit Pal showed off its complete line of aluminum trailer accessories.

Admin
10-17-2005, 08:32 PM
With the 12 Hours of ATV America right around the corner, everyone planning on racing will need to start thinking about a lighting system.

Nite Rider Technical lighting systems had their HellFire HID and HellCat Halogen lights on display at the show, which are a handlebar mounted lighting system. They also offer the Cannibal helmet mount 40W HID light which is mounted on the side of the helmet instead of above the visor as many other lighting systems, which they claim is a huge benefit in dusty conditions.

Admin
10-17-2005, 08:32 PM
Helmet Mounted Light

Admin
10-17-2005, 08:35 PM
Scott USA released several new products this weekend, which will be available within a month.

One of their latest advances is the new No Sweat Xi Series goggle, which is designed to provide the most ventilation possible with its ventilation visor. Helmets have become tighter fitting to the goggles and restrict the air flow into the helmets, so Scott built in a goggle visor to allow for an air gap between the helmet the goggles. The increased airflow with reduce preparation and fogging on the inside of the goggles.

I can't help but think of Star Wars when I look at white pair of the No Sweat Xi Goggles.

Admin
10-17-2005, 08:35 PM
Also, the new Xi goggles come with added protection around with the nose area, and the tear off post are now integrated into the lens.

Admin
10-17-2005, 08:36 PM
VoltageX ATV was also released, and these goggles were released with ATV riders in mind, and have many of the features of the already popular Voltage line of goggles, but at more affordable price. The goggle comes with the anti-fog Lexan lens and silicone-lined strap.

Admin
10-17-2005, 08:37 PM
Joe Byrd & Heather Byrd was also in attendance meeting with sponsors and greeting with fans at the show. Heather Byrd was informed at the show that next year the Women’s A Class riders will need to be on Production machines.

Admin
10-17-2005, 08:37 PM
Custom Axis has been undergoing some changes over the past year since the headquarters was moved from California to Pennsylvania and one of the most noticeable changes has been the Piggy Back Front Shocks, which have high and low speed compression adjustment along with rebound adjustment. They also utilize needle bearings at the pivot points. They also are now available with titanium springs, but all of these features come at a price of $2,322.50 for a complete front and rear Pro Package.

Admin
10-17-2005, 08:41 PM
With the release of the Fuel Injected Raptor 700 several companies were quick to step up and provide modules to adjust the fuel injection gas flow without the use of a laptop computer.

Boss System has a series of LED lights with a + and - button to adjust the fuel level at the pilot, needle, and main throttle positions.

Admin
10-17-2005, 08:43 PM
DynaTek also had their FI Controller for the Raptor 700 on display with three preset settings and three adjusters for the pilot, needle, and main jet settings.

Admin
10-17-2005, 08:45 PM
The 2006 TRX450R no longer has the front snorkle breather tube and only a small intake boot on the airbox lid, so this K&N filter lid may become a popular addon for those that want more airflow without the risk involved with leaving your airbox lid completely off.

Admin
10-17-2005, 08:49 PM
Looney Tuned Exhaust have built their reputation around dual exhaust systems, but they are now going to be developing standard single pipe exhaust systems as well, and have some really cool looking silencers.

Expect to see Looney Tune in a major way next years as they are gearing up for some exciting announcements in the near future.

Admin
10-17-2005, 08:51 PM
The same Mattracks track conversion are not only available for full size vehicles but also ATVS, but they aren't cheap at a price tag of between $5,000 -$6,000.

Admin
10-17-2005, 08:56 PM
Kymco had their complete line of ATVs on display, and their Mongoose 50 & 90 Mini ATVS are becoming popular choices for racing.

Admin
10-17-2005, 08:57 PM
A fully modified Race Ready Kymco Mongoose

Admin
10-17-2005, 09:02 PM
Another popular Mini ATV is the Unison line of ATVs which are available for purchase through Kid ATVs (http://www.kidatvs.com/)

The Desert Cat 50cc is available for only $1,395.00 with Free Shipping through Kid ATVs. The show had probably 20 different vendors selling inexpensive youth ATVs, but it was very obvious the difference in quality, but I was felt the Unison and Kymco Machines look to be the better built machines at the show.

Admin
10-17-2005, 09:04 PM
Unison Desert Cats 90cc are available for only $1,550 with Free Shipping from Kid ATVs (http://www.kidatvs.com/)

Admin
10-17-2005, 09:08 PM
HBomb Films Wes Miller had planned on holding a Freestyle show at the event, but the city wouldn't grant him a permit to jump over 6 feet high, so they opted to race Cobra's around a mini MX track with Jimmy Elza and Jason Luburgh participating in the show.

Fans gathered around the track

Admin
10-17-2005, 09:09 PM
Retired Pro GNC MXer, #17 Jimmy Elza, signed Autographs for the young fans.

Admin
10-17-2005, 09:10 PM
The Pros weren't the only ones invited as two youth racers were also in attendance and were matched up against each other and the Pros.

Admin
10-17-2005, 09:12 PM
Elza launching the Cobra for a little air. It actually was lucky for the Fans and the riders that the jumps weren't big because there were a fair amount of dismounts.

Admin
10-17-2005, 09:14 PM
Luburgh went for the win over the large double and landed on the side of the jump, which sent him tumbling and Jimmy Elza cased the jumper earlier and flew over the handlebars.

The worst part about it was that they landed on concrete, but luckily both of them walked away with only a few scraps.

Admin
10-17-2005, 09:14 PM
Mini ATV FreeStyle

Admin
10-17-2005, 09:20 PM
I hope everyone enjoyed the ATV World's Fair Coverage, and if I get some free time this week, I will upload some videos from the event, but unfortunately a long time friend of mine died this morning, so I will be attending the viewing and funeral before leaving for the Ironman GNCC, which will limit the amount of free time I have after work this week.

For more photos, check out the

Photo Gallery (http://www.atvriders.com/gallery/2005_atv_worlds_fair/index.html)

Kennethyfz450
10-17-2005, 10:03 PM
I was looking for you Harlen..

I seen some ATV insiders...

I watch the early show and that little kid .. dont remember his name was holding his own pretty well... those cobra aren't weak.. haha

gaatvr
10-18-2005, 09:42 AM
Great Job Harlen. Seems like we may be flooded with shows. You think thats why the attendence was down?..Sorry to hear about your friend. Keep your head up and get some rest. I'll see ya friday..

Originally posted by Admin
I hope everyone enjoyed the ATV World's Fair Coverage, and if I get some free time this week, I will upload some videos from the event, but unfortunately a long time friend of mine died this morning, so I will be attending the viewing and funeral before leaving for the Ironman GNCC, which will limit the amount of free time I have after work this week.

For more photos, check out the

Photo Gallery (http://www.atvriders.com/gallery/2005_atv_worlds_fair/index.html)

freakystone
10-18-2005, 04:32 PM
Great post Harlen. Thanks for sharing...

One more question. I live north of Indy. Can you get me and two people in the Indy show if it is not open to the public?

Thanks.

Ken

Admin
10-18-2005, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by freakystone
Great post Harlen. Thanks for sharing...

One more question. I live north of Indy. Can you get me and two people in the Indy show if it is not open to the public?

Thanks.

Ken

Sorry, the Indy Show is for Dealers and Media only, so I won't be able to help with admission to the show.

atvracinextra
10-19-2005, 06:02 AM
The young man on the #44 Cobra is our little buddy Tyler Pittman from Pittman Racing in Murray KY. He's also the 2003 ITP/GNC National 50cc MX Champion.

WAY TO GO TYLER :D

Quad18star
10-19-2005, 06:59 AM
The same Mattracks track conversion are not only available for full size vehicles but also ATVS, but they aren't cheap at a price tag of between $5,000 -$6,000.

That's an insane price for those track kits .

I can get you a set that are exactly the same from a Canadian supplier for $3500 Canadian dollars . On second thought , maybe I should buy up a few sets and sell them in the USA for $5000 US and make a killing off of them . :devil:

The kits up here are TJD Cat Tracks and work awesome . They also have about 10 years experience on the market with them and have the best design for all weather/terrain riding.

freakystone
10-19-2005, 09:02 AM
Sorry, the Indy Show is for Dealers and Media only, so I won't be able to help with admission to the show.

Thanks anyway Harlen.

priebo15
10-29-2005, 05:39 PM
i was just in louisville for the ffa convention thing...

they still have the billboards(sp) up for the world's fair though.

chad502ex
10-30-2005, 07:26 AM
thanks harlen. great job.