PDA

View Full Version : 400ex motor mods

hondaexryda
10-17-2005, 05:54 PM
Hey, my cousin has a 400ex, with a 440 piston, he just bought the quad, checking with the owner if he has a cam, porting or valves already. Were going to order a Sparks Big Core, already has skat trak mohawks for fronts, and 8 paddle haulers in the back, going to lighten the bike up a little bit. Was wondering what we should do now, was thinking a cam, whats a good mid-top dune cam. Kind of been looking up Hotcams Stage 2, saw a XR400 cam and HRC, and after a cam should be do porting and valves ?

Chino886
10-18-2005, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by hondaexryda
Hey, my cousin has a 400ex, with a 440 piston, he just bought the quad, checking with the owner if he has a cam, porting or valves already. Were going to order a Sparks Big Core, already has skat trak mohawks for fronts, and 8 paddle haulers in the back, going to lighten the bike up a little bit. Was wondering what we should do now, was thinking a cam, whats a good mid-top dune cam. Kind of been looking up Hotcams Stage 2, saw a XR400 cam and HRC, and after a cam should be do porting and valves ?

I am guessing that the 440 would already have a cam, P & P, and valve job. You might want to ask the previous owner. I have the stage II Hotcam and love it.