PDA

View Full Version : Flex-Fit vs. Fitted hats

wilkin250r
10-17-2005, 10:28 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I'm not a big fan of the flex-fit hats. I like the genuine fitted hats much better. The flex-fit hats aren't too bad when you've got them on foward, but they really suck when you put them on backwards.

There's power in numbers. This website is huge, and we could have influence on clothing suppliers. I don't know if we could convince all, but probably one at least. I'm thinking FOX, they seem to be the most common/popular.

Whatcha think? If ordinary flex-fit hats are $24, I'd be willing to pay $30 for an actual fitted hat. Even if it's only one style and/or one color, do you think we could get enough people together to convince FOX to offer them again?

Quad18star
10-17-2005, 10:31 AM
I personally like the flex-fit better than fitted hats .

I'm opposite of you though , I find flex-fit hats aren't as comfy wearing them frontwards , as opposed to backwards . I always wear my hat backwards , and would hate to have the adjuster on my forehead ( to me it doesn't look right)

400exrider707
10-17-2005, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
I personally like the flex-fit better than fitted hats .

I'm opposite of you though , I find flex-fit hats aren't as comfy wearing them frontwards , as opposed to backwards . I always wear my hat backwards , and would hate to have the adjuster on my forehead ( to me it doesn't look right)

Exactly they look wierd forward. I LOVE flex-fits, and they look sweet backwards!

jesshamner
10-17-2005, 10:36 AM
I think by fitted he means that there is no adjuster in the back. Its fitted to your head. You buy a size like 7 1/4 to fit your head. You're thinking of "one size fits all hats" or trucker hats.

Quad18star
10-17-2005, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by jesshamner
I think by fitted he means that there is no adjuster in the back. Its fitted to your head. You buy a size like 7 1/4 to fit your head. You're thinking of "one size fits all hats" or trucker hats.

Inside my DC Shoes hat , it says " Flex-Fit" and it has no adjuster . From working in retail , fitted means trucker style ( adjuster) .. flex-fit is no adjuster .

But hey ... I've been wrong before ... doesn't happen often .. but it has happened . ;) :p

Moto92
10-17-2005, 11:07 AM
I dont think anyone makes just a plain fitted hat anymore. Its way easier to have the elastic in there and then only have to make a couple different sizes. Dont think that will ever be changed.

Doibugu2
10-17-2005, 11:09 AM
Fitted hats are like buying a pair of jeans. You have a 30" waist you buy a pair of jeans that way.

Flex fit is like buy a pair of sweat pants or jogging pants. You have anywhere between a 30-36 and the pants fit. They fit because of the elastic band.

Personally I wouldn't pay $24 for a flex or fitted hat from a major company, that is highway robbery. But that is just my 2cents.

Quad18star
10-17-2005, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
Personally I wouldn't pay $24 for a flex or fitted hat from a major company, that is highway robbery. But that is just my 2cents.

I paid $50 for my DC Shoes hat .... I almost fell over when they told me the price . I bought it , because it's one of the very few hats that actually fit me perfectly .

Doibugu2
10-17-2005, 11:27 AM
I paid $50 for my DC Shoes hat .... I almost fell over when they told me the price . I bought it , because it's one of the very few hats that actually fit me perfectly .

Did you get some sexual gratification with that too? That is crazy for a hat.:eek:

NacsMXer
10-17-2005, 11:37 AM
Flex fits are ok, I have a Skin one, an Alpinestars one, and a Dragon one. The Alpinestars one is OSFA and only looks ok when I wear it backwards. Wear it forwards and it just looks stupid for some reason, too pointy at the top. My other two are the small-medium sizes and look ok wearing them forwards but not as good as I would like. It's sort of weird the way they stitch them together, sometimes you get a good one sometimes they're kind of lop-sided or pointy.

I'd like to see some of these companies come out with New Era fitted hats with their logos on them. They really have a good shape to them and usually look good from every side. I like baseball and all but it would be cool to have a logo other than a baseball team on a New Era hat. I've seen a few before, but I can't find any everytime I search. All i've found were DC New Era hats so I may just pick one of those up.

wilkin250r
10-17-2005, 11:58 AM
Inside my DC Shoes hat , it says " Flex-Fit" and it has no adjuster . From working in retail , fitted means trucker style ( adjuster) .. flex-fit is no adjuster .

No, those are adjustable hats. Fitted hats come in specific sizes and have no adjustment.

They're expensive because every size is a different product. You have 10-15 different sizes, rather than 3 different sizes (like small, medium, large). Me, I wear a 7 1/4.

They still make fitted hats for baseball, but I'd like to see something available for our sport.

parkers30
10-17-2005, 12:01 PM
fitted all the way, mostly because the flex-fit hats give me head aches

Hondadudeehhhh
10-17-2005, 12:05 PM
i dont like flex fit hats because when you wear them backwards (for me at least) it makes my eye brows all un even and goofy lookin, it's like im doing the ROCK thing all day when he raises one eye brow haha. Flex Fit hats give me a head ache too, also they dont look good when pointed forward. Really the only way i can wear them is tilted to the side.

Fitted are nice because they keep a bend and i think they always look good when you have the right size+they are comfy with no headaches

TCracin440ex
10-17-2005, 01:13 PM
only really bad thing i found about fitted hats because i used to be a big hat guru myself. I couldnt walk out the door with my hat on my head or i would feel naked....ive spent too much money on new era NY hats. the problem with fitted hats is if you sweat in them they tend to shrink. I got a hat now that ive wore maybe 3 times, and the last time i wore it i sweated in it, and it shrunk.

but i could be wrong. I dont think my head is swelling up because i can go to the mall and grab the same size hat and put on my head and it will fit perfectly. so the had to have shrunk

Ghost-Rider
10-17-2005, 01:23 PM
eh a hats a hat i put it on fits right looks right w/e

400exrider707
10-17-2005, 01:26 PM
If a flex fit hat gives you a headache then either the hat is too small for your head or your head is too big for hats! I have to wear a L flex-fit. They are pretty uncomfortable the first week or so, until they start stretching. Also its best to buy one right after a hair-cut for me cause then it fits a little easier.

400exrules
10-17-2005, 01:51 PM
I have a bass pro camo hat i wear all the time with the two little plastice things on the back, one has a bunch of little nipples, the other has a bunch of holes and you just snap it in on wutever hole to make it comfy. Thats adjustable right? It looks/feels good wearing it forward.......backwards it feels fine but looks kind weird with that little hole by your forehead. Ill try to find a similar pic to help explain.

my hats not like this, but what would you call this kind:

400exrules
10-17-2005, 01:53 PM
k found a pic, this is the style of my hat, except you snap it instead of velcro. Whats this called? :

Atkins
10-17-2005, 01:55 PM
Flex fit hats are too puffy, but I dont mind them I just think fitted hats are thinner so they look better on my head.

wilkin250r
10-17-2005, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
my hats not like this, but what would you call this kind:

It depends on the inner band. It could either be a flex-fit, or fitted.

Up until a few years ago, flex-fit did not exist. The cheaper hats were adjustable, and the fitted hats were more expensive.

Now, the flex-fit have taken over fitted hats. Almost everybody has gone to flex-fit, and true fitted hats are becoming difficult to find.

I'd like to see options for fitted, even if they were more expensive.

the yazer
10-17-2005, 02:41 PM
wilkin.. I hear ya bro. for me flex fit hats suck, the small is too small and the medium is too bit wtf???? I still have a old fitted Red Sox hat that I love, it fits me perfect. You hit the nail right on the head when you said it cost too much to make 10 -15 different hats. I don't think they will change their ways :ermm:

FasstMidnightZ
10-17-2005, 02:55 PM
i like flex fit :)

wilkin250r
10-17-2005, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by the yazer
wilkin.. I hear ya bro. for me flex fit hats suck, the small is too small and the medium is too bit wtf???? I still have a old fitted Red Sox hat that I love, it fits me perfect. You hit the nail right on the head when you said it cost too much to make 10 -15 different hats. I don't think they will change their ways :ermm:

It may be a higher price, but if enough people demand it they'll change.

MOFO
10-17-2005, 03:12 PM
I would have agreed with you until I wore my new hat for a few days. My new Steelers had is a Flex-fit. At first I was not too crazy, but I really liked the hat.

Now I absolutely love it... great fit!

BTW, I dont wear my hat backwards.

Oh, how about adding a poll to this?

wilkin250r
10-17-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
Oh, how about adding a poll to this?

Excellent idea.

10-17-2005, 08:53 PM
thats all i really wear is flex fit hats.. you get the fitted look, but with somthing that grabs your head and stays on.. and besides.. i have yet to find a fitted hat that fits me lol.. heads too big

Jesse

JDiablo
10-17-2005, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by parkers30
fitted all the way, mostly because the flex-fit hats give me head aches

they give me headaches too,but i still wear them

I lost my best DC hat in my lake,stupid wind blew it off,it fit perfectly no matter which way i wore it,boy do i miss that,i bought another one and it just isnt the same :o

Quad18star
10-17-2005, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
No, those are adjustable hats. Fitted hats come in specific sizes and have no adjustment.

They're expensive because every size is a different product. You have 10-15 different sizes, rather than 3 different sizes (like small, medium, large). Me, I wear a 7 1/4.

They still make fitted hats for baseball, but I'd like to see something available for our sport.

Ah gotcha .... I've never worn or seen that kind of hat then .

What I've found with flex fit , you have to wear it for about a week before it stretches and fits well . Only thing with it stretching , is that if you get a hair cut , it'll feel loose on your head ... but I found a solution . Wet the hat and slap it in the dryer for a few minutes and it'll tighten back up . :D

JDiablo
10-17-2005, 09:07 PM
Ah gotcha .... I've never worn or seen that kind of hat then .

What I've found with flex fit , you have to wear it for about a week before it stretches and fits well . Only thing with it stretching , is that if you get a hair cut , it'll feel loose on your head ... but I found a solution . Wet the hat and slap it in the dryer for a few minutes and it'll tighten back up . :D

those are the hats all the rappers where
like 7 5/8's is my size,but i dont have any fitted's
the biggest one they make is 8

they have that flat piece in the front

SGA
10-17-2005, 09:11 PM
I dont like the hats with the plastic tab on the back that snaps in the holes to fit your head. It looks like something a old farmer would wear plus they buldge up on the top and look cheap. I like the rounded top fitted or flex fit type hats better, both work for me.