PDA

View Full Version : Pastrana racing a quad?

socallen85
10-17-2005, 03:12 PM
I was just checking the starting order for this years Baja 1000 and what do i see, the rumors were true Travis Pastrana is 4th off the start line (#5A). Any one else have any info who he is riding with and what? even though my geuss would be the new Suzuki?

im also told Tim Farr and Shane Hitt are making the trip to Baja this year

Bill Fuller
10-17-2005, 04:39 PM
Awsome,I hope he does well:muscle:

AtvMxRider
10-17-2005, 05:05 PM
I don't see how that could be because he shattered his collarbone saturday at the 24 hours of Glen Helen:confused:

Moto92
10-17-2005, 10:18 PM
Travis has been in a quad race before on a Z400

jhoppa
10-18-2005, 08:32 AM
That guys races everything. Couple years ago he raced a shifter kart at the SKUSA SuperNationals in Las Vegas. Then he got into SCCA Rally with a Suburu WRX. I think he also went over to Europe and did some car rallies.

maggiesboy
10-18-2005, 08:43 AM
Don't forget his Monster Truck racing as well!

ThumPIN_450R
10-18-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
I don't see how that could be because he shattered his collarbone saturday at the 24 hours of Glen Helen:confused:

That guy is a walking injury. He just needs to wrap himself in bubble wrap and never leave his house.

socallen85
10-18-2005, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider

ouch, that sucks well his team has two options now

He is listed as the rider of record, his name is the one name on the team they go by scoring wise, if they took him off the team they would lose that starting position. but go by his starting postion then the rider of record is required to either start or finish the race, what he could do witch people have done before, have him go off the start and a 100 yards done switch riders at the 90 degree turn. there for only giving him a straight wide open 100 yards of asphalt, then he would be done. Anything can happen down there

rob-u/21
10-21-2005, 08:25 PM
he is also suppose to ride in class 22 and in a pro truck.

aci clay
10-21-2005, 09:46 PM
we were at the 24 hour at glen helen, my son was racing and i was pitting for his team, travis went down on the second lap back on the paved section and got an ambulance ride to the hospital. He came back about 3 am after surgery for a plate and a couple of pins in his collar bone. We talked to him after the race and he said he had to pull his own iv and pretty much just got up and left on his own. he said he needed surgery right away as he had a rally car race this weekend. As far as baja sorry he's not on a quad, he's teamed with rick johnson in a truck. The 24 hour race was crazy though, 70 eight mile laps,560 miles, 5 riders, 2 bikes, 24 hours straight. december 11 glen helen schedule shows a 6 hour itp quad race but i can't find any info on it. anyone know anything?

Mxjunkie
10-22-2005, 10:12 AM
I remeber talking to dan online when they were filming at Pastranas house and pastrana had crashed his Rally car and had a concussion and wasnt feeling to great.

gotta give the man props though, injurys dont scare him and he trys everything he can.. He does what everyone wishes they could do you only live once and only young once might as well do everything!

400ex28
10-22-2005, 10:25 AM
I'm suprized that kid is still alive :eek2: :p

muff
10-23-2005, 12:48 PM
if you guys havent already then check out the link below!! he is nuts!

You can't possibly say pastrana is a walking injury without looking at all of the stuff he has tried and accomplished.

http://dcshoes.com/home/special_features/pastranaDBF/pastranaDBF.swf

Rico
10-23-2005, 01:15 PM
I'll be rootin for my boy Jeff Stoess and his team during the Baja......:macho

Who's this pastrana you speak of....:devil:

Vtr_Racing
10-30-2005, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Rico
I'll be rootin for my boy Jeff Stoess and his team during the Baja......:macho

He mentioned that a while back, who is he racing with?