PDA

View Full Version : What to look for.......

quadmaster88
10-17-2005, 02:29 PM
O.k i think i have made my mind pretty much up on a predator... they just seem to fit me better, power and size and price.... so im just wondering what to look for when buying a 04 or newer pred. any flaws in the past or signs of frame breakage.... i basically want to know what are they known for that breaks easy..... i have hurd the 03 had transmission issues so i just wanted to get some opinions.....

Thanks

PlayHard
10-17-2005, 03:43 PM
Best place to ask that question would be predatorowners.com

The '04 were improved over '03 for sure. Not aware of any specific problems to look for. If you can find one, the '05 have more improvements as well (reverse, seat, etc.)

If I were looking I'd look for the '04 or '05.

Flynbryan19
10-21-2005, 07:03 AM
The 04's are really pretty solid. The tranny and frame issues were cured, and the switched the rear hubs over to the honda bolt pattern(BIG plus). The front end is slightly plusher then the 03, but the rear is not as plush as the 03' from what I've heard/read. I would have no reservations buying a well maintained 04', and the 05's are the best of the bunch yet.

The 03's certainly aren't terrible by any means, but Polaris has just steadily improved on the model every year.

NDpredator
10-24-2005, 09:14 AM
you have a PM

quadmaster88
10-25-2005, 12:20 PM
checked it.......... whats some of the best mods for a predator? besides filter/pipe......... what should be one of my biggest priorities to letting the engine scream?