PDA

View Full Version : Saw Natalie Today with a new 450R

redhondi400
10-17-2005, 01:23 PM
Today I talked to Natalie, he had a 450ER on his truck. I know he has more than one bike he rides but he is suppose to run an ER this season. I hope Natalie still rips it up on a Honda this year.

DJJ450r
10-17-2005, 01:54 PM
i heard he is gonna run elka/roll next year. i hope he wins again

fasterz
10-17-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by DJJ450r
i heard he is gonna run elka/roll next year. i hope he wins again
No way man, hes an ECA rider, he has to run gibson. Hes riding for honda now to but honda has no reason to say you have to run rolls over gibson

DJJ450r
10-17-2005, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by fasterz
No way man, hes an ECA rider, he has to run gibson. Hes riding for honda now to but honda has no reason to say you have to run rolls over gibson

John was his usual self smiling ear to ear most of the day, and he had plenty to smile about since he just signed a new deal with Roll Design & Elka for 2006, and of course he will remain with Blingstar with his signature line of products.

^^I'm just going by what i read^^

JRDrider22
10-17-2005, 02:25 PM
yea with honda he can get what ever he wants. so we'll just have to wait and see how things go.

ommkevin
10-17-2005, 02:47 PM
what is a 450ER

Ridin' Jesse
10-17-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by ommkevin
what is a 450ER

the new 06 450r with electric start

Jersey450R
10-17-2005, 02:55 PM
Its a fact: John signed with IMS/Roll Design and Elka for 06. But we all know the only think Elka about the shocks is gonna be the sticker ;)

K-Dub
10-17-2005, 05:18 PM
I read that in the powerline park race coverage also. But what happened to the awesome FOX evol shock John helped devolope? I take it Sparks is still building his engines. Is John evan going to have a deal with ECA this year? It would be real nice to see a Honda 18 wheeler for him and Farr.

Dave400ex
10-17-2005, 05:31 PM
It should be interesting to see Natalies setup for next year. I too was surprised with the Roll/Elka deal.

10-17-2005, 05:51 PM
i think he will do way better with the elka/roll team then the fox team, roll and elka put a lot of time and money into the sport with development of the arms and shock ratios etc, should be interesting :macho

Jersey450R
10-17-2005, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by K-Dub
But what happened to the awesome FOX evol shock John helped devolope?

$$$ Money talks my friend $$$. Johns job is riding quads, lol. well above six figures.

K-Dub
10-17-2005, 06:09 PM
I agree that Roll/Elka combo will just make the Ironman faster. I know thats how things are with $$$ was just asking the question because the evols where supossed to be all that.

10-17-2005, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by K-Dub
I agree that Roll/Elka combo will just make the Ironman faster. I know thats how things are with $$$ was just asking the question because the evols where supossed to be all that.

and a bag of chips :blah:

Airik79mx
10-17-2005, 06:57 PM
I don't see how anyone thinks he will be faster with Elka's. All of the pro's shocks, motor's, etc.... are so fine tuned that it comes down to the rider. John won last year because he put together a good season, not because he had Fox shocks and a Sparks motor.

racerx4u2y2k
10-17-2005, 07:46 PM
Airik you took the words right out of my mouth, you could put Natalie on a stock bike and beat half the guys in the top 10. Not to mention he placed in the top 10 at the last gncc on Borich's bike which I am sure he probably hadn't had a whole lot of seat time at, some people just have a gift, he is one of them.

10-17-2005, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by racerx4u2y2k
Airik you took the words right out of my mouth, you could put Natalie on a stock bike and beat half the guys in the top 10. Not to mention he placed in the top 10 at the last gncc on Borich's bike which I am sure he probably hadn't had a whole lot of seat time at, some people just have a gift, he is one of them.

he wasnt on borich's bike, he was on 1 of the team albas bikes, it may have been borich's spare 450r with not all of the secret mods on it, he was a guest of alba action, he placed 8th, pretty good id say for comming str8 from mx

racerx4u2y2k
10-17-2005, 08:33 PM
Ok regardless who's bike he was on the point being the brand of equipment he rides on has hardly no bearing at his level wether it be AXIS,PEP,or whatever he can still get it done and quite possibly in the next couple of years someone may come along and be just as good no matter what brand he rides on.

jb500ex
10-17-2005, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by XxHonda_RacerxX
he wasnt on borich's bike, he was on 1 of the team albas bikes, it may have been borich's spare 450r with not all of the secret mods on it, he was a guest of alba action, he placed 8th, pretty good id say for comming str8 from mx

he was on borich's bike, and borich doesn't have any secret mods. i wonder where some of you guy's get your info

JH_Racing188
10-17-2005, 08:53 PM
he is just like Ricky Carmicheal buthe rides a quad..... it doesnt matter what color he is on or who does his motors... he is goin to be the fastest one out there.....:devil: he has always been my favorite rider when he wasnt winning till now!!!!

Ex_Rider43
10-18-2005, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Jersey450R
Its a fact: John signed with IMS/Roll Design and Elka for 06. But we all know the only think Elka about the shocks is gonna be the sticker ;)

not really , jon spent quite some time testing Roll and Elka I think it was in CA. but anyway if I remember corectly he will race the new UNaffordable TRACK system from elka. one of my friend is working at elka and told me about the deal this summer.

Jersey450R
10-18-2005, 11:16 AM
and a bag of chips :blah:

:blah: with a bowl of ice cream for dipping!

Leschj03
10-18-2005, 01:12 PM
dipping chips in ice cream thats new haha must be a NJ thing :D :D :D

Jersey450R
10-18-2005, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Leschj03
dipping chips in ice cream thats new haha must be a NJ thing :D :D :D
Oh man!!! you dont know what your missing! :blah: Regular Lays ruffles (plain break too easy) and chocolate ice cream.

Man i cant wait for tonights movie, lol. :cool:

sampleez
10-18-2005, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Jersey450R
Oh man!!! you dont know what your missing! :blah: Regular Lays ruffles (plain break too easy) and chocolate ice cream.

http://images.dvdtalk.com/images/smilies/puke.gif :D

10-18-2005, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by jb500ex
he was on borich's bike, and borich doesn't have any secret mods. i wonder where some of you guy's get your info

o really...ive seen his bike...its far from your regular stock 450...if u think hes just got a pipe on there...ur way wrong...much less if u think hes running the "stock" R that people claim he is, sure maybe no engine mods...but that doesnt mean its stock...all u have to do is obverve or look at some up close photos...or see it in person, much less speak to some of his sponsors, and you will know some of the things he runs

just like if you think any of the pros have no secret mods i can assure u that u r wrong, how do u think companies do R&D work to try to find out the best combo to run, just like DASA swirled porting, do you think he just let the average joe buy that at first, or he let joe byrd run with it until they perfected it

some things people have been running for awhile now, but hide it because they bring 2 bikes to the gncc with them, 1 bike to race, and 1 bike to show outfront and not let anyone know about their second bike, just like saying natalies bike has no secret mods, another wrong statement

just trying to show u the facts here, there are no sponsored pros (that i know of, there may be some) who just go out and run the average stuff, they test, develop, and run state of the art stuff

the reason not a lot of people know about these things is because then everyone would try to do it, and then, the pro would no longer have "the edge" on his competition, plus some companies dont want competitors to know of the products they are developing or working with, so they can design it and sell it, make a ton of money off of it, then the other companies can finally release it but its 2 late

see what im saying? ;)

hoopd450
10-18-2005, 07:47 PM
pro's always have the edge because they're the best riders on the track, not because they have the best equiptment. and borich's bike is nice but anyone with 18000 can have the same thing

Cdaleracer
10-18-2005, 08:10 PM
honda racer, do you know who jb500ex even is? I think he knows what he is talking about.

It was Borich's bike that he raced.

sampleez
10-18-2005, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Cdaleracer
honda racer, do you know who jb500ex even is? I think he knows what he is talking about.

It was Borich's bike that he raced.

exactly..........that guy needs to get his head outta his ***

450Racer
10-18-2005, 08:44 PM
i wanted to add a little to this...from about 2 weeks ago, Natalie told me he'd run a 450ER for practice bikes but a 450R with kickstart to save the weight. look for some other sponsor changes on his bike this year, i can assure you there will be more to come.

jb500ex
10-19-2005, 05:28 AM
o really...ive seen his bike...its far from your regular stock 450...if u think hes just got a pipe on there...ur way wrong...much less if u think hes running the "stock" R that people claim he is, sure maybe no engine mods...but that doesnt mean its stock...all u have to do is obverve or look at some up close photos...or see it in person, much less speak to some of his sponsors, and you will know some of the things he runs

just like if you think any of the pros have no secret mods i can assure u that u r wrong, how do u think companies do R&D work to try to find out the best combo to run, just like DASA swirled porting, do you think he just let the average joe buy that at first, or he let joe byrd run with it until they perfected it

some things people have been running for awhile now, but hide it because they bring 2 bikes to the gncc with them, 1 bike to race, and 1 bike to show outfront and not let anyone know about their second bike, just like saying natalies bike has no secret mods, another wrong statement

just trying to show u the facts here, there are no sponsored pros (that i know of, there may be some) who just go out and run the average stuff, they test, develop, and run state of the art stuff

the reason not a lot of people know about these things is because then everyone would try to do it, and then, the pro would no longer have "the edge" on his competition, plus some companies dont want competitors to know of the products they are developing or working with, so they can design it and sell it, make a ton of money off of it, then the other companies can finally release it but its 2 late

see what im saying? ;)

im not even going to respond to this.

Airik79mx
10-19-2005, 05:52 AM

I was thinking the same thing..

redhondi400
10-19-2005, 09:31 AM
He had a 450ER on his truck so maybe that will be one of his practice bikes. Any way how can you guys really be surpised about the Roll Design deal? It comes down to who is going to hook you uo more.

Did anyone see the Natalie 450 commerical? I think its goofy.

craftyex
10-19-2005, 11:37 AM

he told you!:rolleyes:

TrX450rKiD
10-19-2005, 12:26 PM

see what im saying? ;)

:huh

No one thinks that he has a stock engine .. what are you talking about? His bike is built to the hilt.

There aren't "secrets." It is simply the best motor work that can be done to a 450cc engine. Obviously we will never know the specifics, but it isn't some voodoo magic in these things.

And no, they don't hide their race bikes. There isn't any TOP SECRET stuff on it that no one can see.:huh

iceracer65
10-19-2005, 12:31 PM
im sure there are plenty of secrets that the average rider would smack his/herself for not noticing.

CdaleXtreme
10-19-2005, 03:40 PM
XxHonda_RacerxX is the guy who drops $12,000 at Sparks racing because he heard there is secret stuff going on that he wont even tell you what he put inside your engine.

But if you shell out the extra $500, he will do it to yours too! :rolleyes:

10-19-2005, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by CdaleXtreme
XxHonda_RacerxX is the guy who drops $12,000 at Sparks racing because he heard there is secret stuff going on that he wont even tell you what he put inside your engine.

But if you shell out the extra $500, he will do it to yours too! :rolleyes:

right...sept my motor is stock :huh

ive prolly met jb500ex if he is part of cardio stack, saw them in west virginia, he probably knows me

and yes they do hide their bikes, the bikes they sit out in the open are not their actuall bikes, some of them anyways, borich has a dual level trailer with a lift in it, he keeps his race quad on the top floor so you cant see it

he does plunty of stuff im sure people dont kno about, hell probably some things i dont know about

i was not trying to be rude to anyone, i was just saying, there are things you guys dont kno, so dont think that you kno it all about any of the pros bikes, because you dont, that was all i was saying, i wasnt saying i do, just saying :ermm: no need to flame when i was just proving a point, not saying anyone was wrong or right

i realize he was on borichs bike, but it is technically alba's bike, same thing, thats all i said, he ran the axis ti springed shocks and switched to a blingstar front bumper, anyone can figure that out by jus reading the gncc review, i wasnt there, so i wouldnt kno

10-19-2005, 06:36 PM
from what i saw when i was at natalies the elkas suck and he knew it but trust me elka wasnt leaving his house until they were right so expect big and better things from elka,

jb500ex
10-19-2005, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by TrX450rKiD
:huh

No one thinks that he has a stock engine .. what are you talking about? His bike is built to the hilt.

There aren't "secrets." It is simply the best motor work that can be done to a 450cc engine. Obviously we will never know the specifics, but it isn't some voodoo magic in these things.

And no, they don't hide their race bikes. There isn't any TOP SECRET stuff on it that no one can see.:huh

cross country racing is alot different then MX. Some of the guy's like the power of the stock motor because it is controllable in the woods and they like the reliability of a stock motor. So NO not all the top guy's have the best motor work available. You don't have to believe it if don't want to but those are the fact's

10-19-2005, 08:12 PM
cross country racing is alot different then MX. Some of the guy's like the power of the stock motor because it is controllable in the woods and they like the reliability of a stock motor. So NO not all the top guy's have the best motor work available. You don't have to believe it if don't want to but those are the fact's

i agree with u on that :macho

andy roth
10-19-2005, 08:56 PM
any thoughts on where he will place in this weekends gncc?? I bet he,ll be on a 06ER. Any takers???LOL

10-19-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by andy roth
any thoughts on where he will place in this weekends gncc?? I bet he,ll be on a 06ER. Any takers???LOL

im sayin a for sure top 10, im thinkin maybe 6th :confused:

swampfoxsc
10-19-2005, 11:23 PM
Ballance has a regular sized trailer. Does he hide his super secret YFZ in the cabinets or tool box or something?:huh

How do you hide internal motor mods from the public? I would think by their location, they are already hidden!:confused:

holeshot19
10-20-2005, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by swampfoxsc
Ballance has a regular sized trailer. Does he hide his super secret YFZ in the cabinets or tool box or something?:huh

How do you hide internal motor mods from the public? I would think by their location, they are already hidden!:confused: hey u going to the ironman

craftyex
10-20-2005, 06:22 AM
right...sept my motor is stock :huh

ive prolly met jb500ex if he is part of cardio stack, saw them in west virginia, he probably knows me

and yes they do hide their bikes, the bikes they sit out in the open are not their actuall bikes, some of them anyways, borich has a dual level trailer with a lift in it, he keeps his race quad on the top floor so you cant see it

he does plunty of stuff im sure people dont kno about, hell probably some things i dont know about

i was not trying to be rude to anyone, i was just saying, there are things you guys dont kno, so dont think that you kno it all about any of the pros bikes, because you dont, that was all i was saying, i wasnt saying i do, just saying :ermm: no need to flame when i was just proving a point, not saying anyone was wrong or right

i realize he was on borichs bike, but it is technically alba's bike, same thing, thats all i said, he ran the axis ti springed shocks and switched to a blingstar front bumper, anyone can figure that out by jus reading the gncc review, i wasnt there, so i wouldnt kno

kno is spelled k-n-o-w

10-20-2005, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by craftyex
kno is spelled k-n-o-w

sorry didnt *know* i couldnt shorten things on the net:rolleyes:

and i wasnt refering to just internal mods, such as the elka linkage the new 2 piece one, that used to be only for factory riders, how many people actually knew about it before it was out, not many

im done fighting with you guys, this is pointless, you obviously have your opinions and i have mine, and my opinion is that the riders do hide their stuff, such as tires, have you seen the tires some of the pros run? not something they run on the bikes they lay out front for the people to see tho...

just my 2 cents

Jersey450R
10-20-2005, 07:30 AM
another good thread gone bad :(

so how bout john natalie? :rolleyes:

spincr4hire
10-20-2005, 08:06 AM
some of you kids are smoking some good stuff...:o

Ex_Rider43
10-20-2005, 09:31 AM
they are testing new stuff before it comes out , it's just normal. I dont think they have secret parts or mods on their bikes. it's all about sponsorship I think.

hondardr4life
10-20-2005, 11:47 AM
The pro's don't hide their quads.......

I have been inside of Mark Baldwins hauler that he carries Tim Farr's quad in. Its massive, but no secret compartments. Just a bunch of tools, spare parts and about 20 sets or more of tires. He showed me a new versio of turf tamers. They are they same parretn, but they are bigger treads instead of the bunch of little small ones that normal turf tamers are. He told me they were custom made and they are doind r&d on them. I also saw Tim's quad. The real thing, the ne he races, there is no magical decoy quad like someone said.